Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, I hate them and I see this kind of attitude absolutely pathetic.

BUT... all those comments "Oh, who would want to go there, they sack you so quickly"...
Sorry but that is load of empty crap. It is hardly a big issue for most of the coaches.
They tie you down on mega-money long deal, you go there, you do something and maybe from 4 years of contract they just pay last 2 years of a contract for doing nothing.

And given everything, it is hardly the case that it would ruin coaches reputation / imago either. Just look at managers who have been there and have been sacked. It is not like they would go and climb under some rock and never be seen again. Chelsea sacking you is seen as normal course of a business in industry and you will not have any problems landing high-profile job after. Just look at Conte, Mourinho, Ancellotti, Benitez, Sarri.

So this can be a myth living it's life among other clubs supporters base, but little to do with reality....
I agree in part, an estabilshed manager going there and tanking will likely still get another top job, like Tuchell will.

Someone like Potter, who has only really been at Brighton... there's a really good chance this could ruin his career. People will say "sure, he did ok at a small club, that was maybe in part, down to the scouting dept. but as soon as he went to a big club he failed"

Yeah I'm waiting for a club with a bit of stability behind it, don't see any sense moving to a club who has just sacked their manager after spending so much money for him, they were bat shit crazy under Roman but this Boehly guy is an unknown quantity.
Difficult to keep Brighton at this level may not have many chances for a top team

Going to Chelsea would be a great way for Potter to ruin all the hard work he's done to get his stock this high.

Poch isnt going to Chelsea, he wouldnt even go to Barca.

That is not what David Ornstein is saying. As good as Potter is a move to Chelsea if it failed would be a disaster for him. I hope Potter waits a couple of month for the England Job.
Big pay out and probably a job in a team traditionally bigger than Brighton (Everton /villa). Don't see it as a disaster

He most definitely will, even if Brighton drop his work in the last 2-3 years hasn't gone unnoticed

Apparently we want to him to replace Conte when he leaves.
Eddie howe was linked to Woolwich before Bournemouth started to revert to mean plenty of short memories or people waiting to be proven right in football.

Screenshot_2022-09-07-11-23-20-44_e3262feaf4551cb63bbc5d82a1734c9b.jpg

Eddie howe was linked to Woolwich before Bournemouth started to revert to mean plenty of short memories or people waiting to be proven right in football.

Howe never hit the heights that Potter has hit and there was always a question mark over coaching a defence, Potter is certified.

Just seen the news! What a fantastic way to start a Wednesday 😂 it was obvious during our game against them that his wheels were coming off

Aubameyang’s just moved there to work with Tuchel 😂😂😂😂

I really really thought Potter would have got the Spurs job in 2 years time when Conte goes, it would have been perfect....... Chelsea normally go for big name foreigners

Back
Top Bottom