Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's also a question of quality. There's no one in that team who could tie the laces of Lloris, Jan, Toby, Walker, Eriksen, Son, Kane, young Dele. Just on the simple basis of individual ability irrespective of playstyle.

Sanchez will never be the shotstopper Lloris was. No matter how shit the tactics were you could usually rely on Lloris to pull out some wonder saves, and Kane/Eriksen to score, even just scoring a banger from range.

There's none of that at the Chavs right now. Sterling is the closest but he's just not going to carry a team on his back like Kane did.

Then the question has to be, did Poch just luck out with us?

I actually think part of his problem is that he himself doesn’t really want to be at Chelsea, you can see it in press conferences, he has no passion for it. He wanted to be back at Spurs. What he should have done was go to some mid table Spanish team and reinvent himself. Going to that shithole was a big mistake, which he’ll find out with the sack at some point this season.

Hmm - Take a bunch of kids and put them on eight/nine year deals worth 100K+ a week in a sport that requires maximum effort - and sure, the kids will keep giving it their all in every practice/every game, Mr Boehley.

I’m sure Caceido gave it everything he had in every practice when he was on 3,500 quid a week at Brighton - trying to feed a his ten brothers and sisters back in South America. Now that he’s on a guaranteed 150,000 quid per week UNTIL 2031 - he may be kicking his feet up a bit. At least Caceido is proven in the EPL, Mudryk is even crazier at 100,000 quid a week until 2031. I’m sure some kids stay motivated on guaranteed Caceido/Mudryk money at such a young age but I don’t think all do.

Meanwhile Mitoma is on 10K a week and Ferguson is on 20K at Brighton.

Boehley and his Saudi backers think football is golf or baseball where it’s all just about individual technical ability. He’s finding out the hard way that “soccer” is different - Please do us all a favor and go back to America, Todd.

Last edited:
Maybe he's only magic for Spurs

:pochsmirk:

And bang average for everyone else......
As much as I hate him for going to them cunts you can’t really blame him for this mess , absolutely stupid for going to them , not sure which big club will go near him when he gets sacked next month!

Hmm - Take a bunch of kids and put them on eight/nine year deals worth 100K+ a week in a sport that requires maximum effort - and sure, the kids will keep giving it their all in every practice/every game, Mr Boehley.

I’m sure Caceido gave it everything he had in every practice when he was on 3,500 quid a week at Brighton - trying to feed a his ten brothers and sisters back in South America. Now that he’s on a guaranteed 150,000 quid per week UNTIL 2031 - he may be kicking his feet up a bit. At least Caceido is proven in the EPL, Mudryk is even crazier at 100,000 quid a week until 2031. I’m sure some kids stay motivated on guaranteed Caceido/Mudryk money at such a young age but I don’t think all do.

Meanwhile Mitoma is on 10K a week and Ferguson is on 20K at Brighton.

Boehley and his Saudi backers think football is golf or baseball where it’s all just about individual technical ability. He’s finding out the hard way that “soccer” is different - Please do us all a favor and go back to America, Todd.
At the end of the day transfers in football is much more an art than a science. Sometimes players succeed or fail and you will never know why.

In that context it really is foolish to overcommit to new players like this.

Think Poch has problems he can't manage teams with expensive players or mega rich clubs...... Chelsea have had there success....now it's there turn to be like Liverpool when Dalgish left and Man U when Ferguson left...... reckon they'll take much longer to achieve anything because those clubs particularly Liverpool won everything through having a great run club and heritage while Chelsea just came into billions and bought the worlds most expensive players and managers to achieve success.
I think that Poch similarly to Tuchel, just doesn't fit a super club, which is what Chelsea and their fanbase sees themselves as.

The constant influx of big egos, the pressure to have success at every turn. And not being able to shape the team in your own image is bound to grind you down eventually.

Both are better served at clubs right below the absolute elite. Like Tuchel at Dortmund and Poch with us. Where trophies are cherished but not expected every season. And they can have time to implement their way of doing things.

Where do they go after Poch?
:contekiss:
If there's a club he hates more than us, it's gotta be them.

I remember the talk when we got him, they called his football "sufferball" cos he talked about suffering so much.

It's also a question of quality. There's no one in that team who could tie the laces of Lloris, Jan, Toby, Walker, Eriksen, Son, Kane, young Dele. Just on the simple basis of individual ability irrespective of playstyle.

Sanchez will never be the shotstopper Lloris was. No matter how shit the tactics were you could usually rely on Lloris to pull out some wonder saves, and Kane/Eriksen to score, even just scoring a banger from range.

There's none of that at the Chavs right now. Sterling is the closest but he's just not going to carry a team on his back like Kane did.

I’ll never slag off Poch. Think he was the right manager at the right time. He created a wonderful Spurs vs the world mentality and was a great man manager for the players.

But as time goes by it feels like that group of players we had were truly special and not winning anything with them is infuriating

Looks like a serial killer but genuinely like him.
Isn't he meant to be like universally liked within the English football system from his work in the youth national teams? I watched an interview with Elanga before the Forest - United game last week and Elanga said that Cooper was the driving force in him going to Forest. He loved playing for Cooper in the youth sides.

Back
Top Bottom