Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lewis Hall is a decent chap. He handed out the trophies at his old club last year and spent the full day there watching three local kids cup finals at different ages

I notice patterns. Sue me.

I'd like to see these financial woes finally sink Chelsea but I still have a nagging feeling they come out of adverse situations smelling of roses.

It is mildly annoying when you see a headline about a Spurs player being sold etc etc and you click the link and it one of the women's team.

Of course it is deliberate. If they mentioned it was a WSL story it would garner sub-5% of the clicks.

What does 'organic' mean? I dare say not curating your sports homepage in a manner that reflects the stories garnering the most clicks, or being deliberately ambiguous with Sky Sports News score reporting. As said in this thread, it generally causes confusion to anyone looking out for men's Premier League results - especially considering there is no image attached.

I can't vouch for Sky (I avoid for the most part); but the Beeb ("woke gits" that they're routinely accused of being) always have pics alongside their headlines and their scores page clearly states WSL or Man U Women etc..

Like i said; deciding that you want to promote something to expand your audience isn't a particularly 'un-organic' process as much as it's simply a hunger for a bigger customer base... And more often thatn not; strategically you 'go hard' on it to gain traction........ Something that in business is completely common/natural.

This very week we had to engage in a hand wringing exercise by the 'Women and Equalities Committee' over ACL injuries in the women's game (with some tiresome lecturing on supposed sexism and an overt shying away from the hypothesis that... well, physiologically it might just be happening more amongst female players doing explosive movements).

You "had to engage"? .....Or was it simply presented to you as something which you could choose to read or not read?

Prey tell; what say the accusation of the sexism lecture you were subjected to?

..........As much as I caught of the story was that it was being investigated because it appeared to be more of an issue for women than men. I certainly didn't get left feeling I was being battered by some quasi-feminist agenda.

I hate to be the one to point it out but the degree that people choose to be vexed by this stuff just suggests "hand-wringing" of an equivalent kind.

I notice patterns. Sue me.

I'd like to see these financial woes finally sink Chelsea but I still have a nagging feeling they come out of adverse situations smelling of roses.

Yeh... It's bent as fuck somehow; just don't know how yet......

1bn spent only 90m loss????

GTFO..... A five year old can see through that bullshit.

You "had to engage"? .....Or was it simply presented to you as something which you could choose to read or not read?

Prey tell; what say the accusation of the sexism lecture you were subjected to?

..........As much as I caught of the story was that it was being investigated because it appeared to be more of an issue for women than men. I certainly didn't get left feeling I was being battered by some quasi-feminist agenda.

I hate to be the one to point it out but the degree that people choose to be vexed by this stuff just suggests "hand-wringing" of an equivalent kind.
Considering these kind of committees often drive the public narrative, I was curious to take a look when reported as a headline on SSN.

“It is symptomatic of gender inequality and sexism in the sports sector that the first football boot in the world designed around female feet came to the market less than four years ago. The sector needs to evolve quicker when interest in women’s sport is soaring.”

On that:

There is currently no evidence to suggest that the level of support provided in a shoe makes a difference when mitigating ACL tears.

Considering these kind of committees often drive the public narrative, I was curious to take a look when reported as a headline on SSN.

“It is symptomatic of gender inequality and sexism in the sports sector that the first football boot in the world designed around female feet came to the market less than four years ago. The sector needs to evolve quicker when interest in women’s sport is soaring.”

On that:

There is currently no evidence to suggest that the level of support provided in a shoe makes a difference when mitigating ACL tears.

Why is that so controversial?

The women's game is decades behind the men directly because of the dreadful sexist outlook of the FA in years gone by..... That's not even debatable.

Whether or not the ACL issue can be helped by female-geared boots is presumably a component of the investigation, no?

Isn't there a thread about women's football? This thread is supposed to be about Chelsea.

This thread is about many things.....

Equality, racism, anti-semetism, adultery, pedophilia, cheating, corruption, Russian criminals, dodgy dealings with the UK government........ #ChavsInnit.

On that:

Nike have just released their latest video promoting Women's footwear...

How Come You Dont Call Me Songs In A Minor GIF by Alicia Keys

I can already hear the hackles rising 😜

Back
Top Bottom