Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC sports editor Dan Roan

Within government I am told by one senior source that there is "exasperation" at what was described to me as a "tin-eared request" by Chelsea to play the match behind closed doors.

Officials feel they are bending over backwards to allow Chelsea to play with a special license when other businesses in similar circumstances would not have received such assistance, and that they have been listening to the club's concerns.

But the feeling within Whitehall is that Chelsea are now trying to penalise other clubs for the predicament that they are in, and are mystified they are prioritising tickets and travel arrangements.

I am told Chelsea wanted more than 4,000 fans at Middlesbrough rather than the 500 they were due to have, and that this is seen as "throwing their toys out of the pram" at the first opportunity.

We are working around the clock to enable Chelsea continue to operating as a club in the interest of the fans.

"This statement threatening Middlesbrough and the rest of the Football League shows they do not seem to understand the seriousness of the situation they are in, being owned by an entity who has been sanctioned because of links responsible for appalling acts in Ukraine.

"We are not opposed to Chelsea having fans at games in the long run, but we will not allow money from ticket sales to flow a sanctioned entity.

"Chelsea should spend less time worrying about having a few thousand fans at one game, and focus on moving their club into the hands of someone who isn't linked to a warmonger."

I do wonder whether legally (as well as morally) the government can’t do this. Let a penny go back towards Abramovich and his lawyers will argue that he should get the lot.

Klopp isn't the one selling Brewster for nearly 30m or whatever it was.
Klopp wasn't the one buying Mignolet, Kariuos, Charlie Adam, Craig Bellemy, Stewart Downing, Borini, Joe Allen, Victor Moses, Aspas, Toure (the fat one), Sakho, Rikki Lambert, Lovern, Ballotelli, Bogdan, Clyne, Benteke, Caulker, Grujic.

Then Klopp arrives 2015/16
Mane, Matip, Wijnaldum, Salah (in one window, his 1st). I'd argue this window alone was better than their entire 6 that preceded combined!!

Klopp wasn't the one buying Mignolet, Kariuos, Charlie Adam, Craig Bellemy, Stewart Downing, Borini, Joe Allen, Victor Moses, Aspas, Toure (the fat one), Sakho, Rikki Lambert, Lovern, Ballotelli, Bogdan, Clyne, Benteke, Caulker, Grujic.

Then Klopp arrives 2015/16
Mane, Matip, Wijnaldum, Salah (in one window, his 1st). I'd argue this window alone was better than their entire 6 that preceded combined!!
Apparently Salah was bought against Klopp's wishes. Klopp isn't some magic scout, it could just be a coincidence.

BBC sports editor Dan Roan

Within government I am told by one senior source that there is "exasperation" at what was described to me as a "tin-eared request" by Chelsea to play the match behind closed doors.

Officials feel they are bending over backwards to allow Chelsea to play with a special license when other businesses in similar circumstances would not have received such assistance, and that they have been listening to the club's concerns.

But the feeling within Whitehall is that Chelsea are now trying to penalise other clubs for the predicament that they are in, and are mystified they are prioritising tickets and travel arrangements.

I am told Chelsea wanted more than 4,000 fans at Middlesbrough rather than the 500 they were due to have, and that this is seen as "throwing their toys out of the pram" at the first opportunity.

So, openly trying to abuse their situ then....... Classy as ever.

Last edited:
The request by Chelsea is an extraordinary example of how morally bankrupt the club is. To utter the words "sporting integrity" at this moment is just bewildering.

Apparently Salah was bought against Klopp's wishes. Klopp isn't some magic scout, it could just be a coincidence.
It might be. But looking at their transfer activity before he arrived I see absolutely zero signs of Edwards being a genius as he is so often referred to as. Their recruitment was regularly under fire within the supporters and media.

Again, I think it's very hard for any of us outside of the club to be certain about anything when so many factors affect a transfer, from scouting to finances to the opportunity to luck to management to relationships and player fitness. Some articles I read about deals taking 2 or 3 years to get over the line others just one phone call and a packet of quavers.

Back
Top Bottom