Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree, think he is a great manager. He has turned arround every club he has managed as far as I can recall (Newcastle, Birmingham, Norwich and now Brighton) Newcastle sacked him for finishing 12th in their first year back in Prem. Wounder if they will do the same if Rafa finishes 12th next year?? The only thing that annoys me about Houghton is his interviews are very cliche. Not a biggie but in a world of media friendly managers he lacks charisma. But I rate him highly.

He got sacked at Norwich too - as good as relegated them tbh.

Always liked him, don't get me wrong. Only genuine talent out of the sea of "give black managers a chance" cliché (Powell, Ince etc.)

Always liked him, don't get me wrong. Only genuine talent out of the sea of "give black managers a chance" cliché (Powell, Ince etc.)
Every manager gets sacked. It was Norwich though, only a couple of seasons before they were in League 1. It's a fantastic job keeping them up.

I rate Chris Powell too, underrated manager. Ince is a complete twat, barely listen to a couple of sentences before I have to turn off the telly. BTW don't hear any of them bang on about giving black managers a chance, unless they are asked the question.

BTW don't hear any of them bang on about giving black managers a chance, unless they are asked the question.

The briefest of searches shows Ince voluntarily brings it up to try and beg for a job.

Regardless, the point was that they are the often the only available candidates when the topic comes up, not that they are the ones talking about it.

To be fair, being sacked isn't an indicator on your abilities. Norwich weren't even in the relegation zone and about 5 points clear when they sacked him.

I like Hughton, could just be because he's Spurs but I think he has a good vision for how he wants his teams to play.

Would love to see hughton get Brighton up. Class manager who was shit on by Norwich and Newcastle. Quality full back for us, the likes of hughton, Hoddle, Archibald, crooks, Galvin, Roberts, Mabbutt, ardiles and villa will always be my original hero's as a young lad first going to spurs.....

Would love to see hughton get Brighton up. Class manager who was shit on by Norwich and Newcastle. Quality full back for us, the likes of hughton, Hoddle, Archibald, crooks, Galvin, Roberts, Mabbutt, ardiles and villa will always be my original hero's as a young lad first going to spurs.....
*shat on

I watched about 15 mins of this game last night, god it was grim. Any chance we can choose 2 other teams

The most talented squad by some distance, they're making harder work of it than perhaps they should

Nothing if not dramatic at SJP

To be fair, being sacked isn't an indicator on your abilities. Norwich weren't even in the relegation zone and about 5 points clear when they sacked him.

I wouldn't say he "turned Norwich around" though, unless that direction is down. That was the original interjection

I wouldn't say he "turned Norwich around" though, unless that direction is down. That was the original interjection

I always think it's hard for them sort of clubs though who are prone to just yo-yo'ing up and down leagues.

His first season in charge of then he saw them finish 11th which was pretty damn good. Never got them relegated, was 5 points clear safety when sacked.

I think those clubs just need stability and not manager upon manager. Burnley for example under Dyche. Promoted, relegated, promoted and now look safe showing that consistency and the ability to learn from previous mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom