Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had a quick scan of some papers in the work canteen, we were quarter of a page in the Daily Fail and page 4 in the Torygraph. Compared to back page and then double page for the Manc derby. Even Newcastle, Sunderland got a double page.

LVG's first season Utd went large with their signings, over paying for Falcao, DiMaria, Shaw and Rojo who were statement signings when in reality they need players in other positions. Herrara and Blind prob the best 2. I think they will continue to buy the wrong player for well above market value whilst Woodward is in charge.
Said it before, but that chancer Spiv's transfer policy is like a thirteen year old playing FIFA.

Hopefully this summer, we'll be able to snap up some youth prospects ahead of them.

Said it before, but that chancer Spiv's transfer policy is like a thirteen year old playing FIFA.

Hopefully this summer, we'll be able to snap up some youth prospects ahead of them.

Not really a chancer, as he only gets deals over the line after over paying. Martial is a prime example, he could have been had for £20m but they ended up spending £35m+ WTF? Instead of buying marquee names they could have got decent upgrades with some proper scouting. I have faith in Poch and Mitchell to get players we need in, not just identifying 'name' players.

Not really a chancer, as he only gets deals over the line after over paying. Martial is a prime example, he could have been had for £20m but they ended up spending £35m+ WTF? Instead of buying marquee names they could have got decent upgrades with some proper scouting. I have faith in Poch and Mitchell to get players we need in, not just identifying 'name' players.
Sorry, by 'chancer' I meant that he was promoted to his position when David Gill left, and I think that was a bad decision by the club owners.

But oh yeah. That Martial transfer was hilariously transparent in its desperation - obvious that they were forced into moving for somebody because why else would they wait until he'd signed a new contract with Monaco?

Sorry, by 'chancer' I meant that he was promoted to his position when David Gill left, and I think that was a bad decision by the club owners.

His experience was signing big marketing deals with Nike. Not sure if he'd actually had any experience of agents and players. The season of Moyes showed how much of an amateur he is at getting deals over the line, the Fellani one springs to mind.

His experience was signing big marketing deals with Nike. Not sure if he'd actually had any experience of agents and players. The season of Moyes showed how much of an amateur he is at getting deals over the line, the Fellani one springs to mind.
And remember the fake agent hilarity over Herrera!

Manchester United still baffled by Ander Herrera transfer farce

Not going to lie, had to be careful when Googling 'fake agent' just then.

Funny how they went back for Herrera the following season!

Their scattergun approach to signings is mental especially after Old red nose used to like promoting youth as well as the odd marquee signing.

They have spunked well over £250m on a load of shite, but now playing better with kids that cost not much.
The tragedy is that their reputation is so lucrative they won't even suffer for their horrendous mismanagement.

How much was that Adidas deal worth? £400m?
They must be livid at the shitshow they backed.

Edit: Jesus wept it was £750m...

Manchester United agree new £750million sponsorship deal with Adidas

1044300_1913705298774993_8810926250278796906_n.jpg

Perfect picture for the caption I might add.

But oh yeah. That Martial transfer was hilariously transparent in its desperation - obvious that they were forced into moving for somebody because why else would they wait until he'd signed a new contract with Monaco?
or the fellaini signing. had a buy out clause that was due to expire. waited until 2 weeks after and paid 5 million more

Back
Top Bottom