Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When United fans labelled Smalling (who is has been painfully average throughout his career) world-class after a few months of good form, but wrote off Kane as a one season wonder :pritchardeyes:

When United fans labelled Smalling (who is has been painfully average throughout his career) world-class after a few months of good form, but wrote off Kane as a one season wonder :pritchardeyes:
Don't get me started. I'm sure that because Martial tapped in a goal that shouldn't count (considering Schweinsteiger knocked West Ham's goalkeeper over at the same time) on Sunday, he'll be back to being World Class again too.
:llorisserious:

Anyone with sense knows that United don't deserve the coverage they get (for several reasons), but I've come to terms with the fact that it takes attention away from us.
Please media, continue to focus upon United and make their board more and more desperate to make 'marquee' signings. It's going great so far.
:adegrin2:

United will win comfortably tonight. Louis' in charge

Louis_van_Gaal_2911698b.jpg

So after another fine win for the mighty Spurs. What do we have in today's backpage and sport headlines? Utd being 1pt from 4th and in the race, forget the fact they are a whooping 16pts from top.

Also the question being posed about Marcus Rashford, should he go to the Euros? Last time I checked we have an abundance of striking talent ahead of Rooney who should not be a guaranteed starter. Hodgson should look no further than the league top scorer, the first Englishman to score 20 goals in back to back seasons as his striking starter.

Instead we get stories about two teams who have been pretty irrelevant this season.

Club in decline

Had some Utd cunt telling me, that they could take Kane and Poch off us if they wanted. Seriously do they not realise that no player that isn't after the money not interested in going to them. It's all just media bollox these players that they keep getting linked to. Without CL football, no elite level player will go there. Just look at their desperation towards their signings since Woodward has been in charge.

Had some Utd cunt telling me, that they could take Kane and Poch off us if they wanted. Seriously do they not realise that no player that n't after the money not interested in going to them. It's all just media bollox these players that they keep getting linked to. Without CL football, no elite level player will go there. Just look at their desperation towards their signings since Woodward has been in charge.

They also seem to be more adept at destroying players careers more than enhancing them.

See Memphis Depay/Angel Di Maria/Morgan Schneiderlin

So after another fine win for the mighty Spurs. What do we have in today's backpage and sport headlines? Utd being 1pt from 4th and in the race, forget the fact they are a whooping 16pts from top.

Instead we get stories about two teams who have been pretty irrelevant this season.
To be fair, I can understand the media's desire to cover the Manchester derby. As a game in isolation, it is a bigger occasion than Spurs-Bournemouth.

At least in my i-newspaper, the sports headlines were:
  • United teen breaks Derby record - and City hearts
  • Spurs stay on Foxes' tail
I think that's fair enough - but I appreciate that not all media outlets will have followed suit.

Had some Utd cunt telling me, that they could take Kane and Poch off us if they wanted. Seriously do they not realise that no player that isn't after the money not interested in going to them. It's all just media bollox these players that they keep getting linked to. Without CL football, no elite level player will go there. Just look at their desperation towards their signings since Woodward has been in charge.
Hilarious. "Well we'll just buy *insert player from opposing team*" has been an argument I've heard from multiple Man U fans. They really do have nothing else to say.
I wonder if they'll have less success this summer in buying players should they fail to have CL on offer. They got away with it a couple of seasons ago, but any player with sense should be wary of going there anytime soon.

To be fair, I can understand the media's desire to cover the Manchester derby. As a game in isolation, it is a bigger occasion than Spurs-Bournemouth.

At least in my i-newspaper, the sports headlines were:
  • United teen breaks Derby record - and City hearts
  • Spurs stay on Foxes' tail
I think that's fair enough - but I appreciate that not all media outlets will have followed suit.

Hilarious. "Well we'll just buy *insert player from opposing team*" has been an argument I've heard from multiple Man U fans. They really do have nothing else to say.
I wonder if they'll have less success this summer in buying players should they fail to have CL on offer. They got away with it a couple of seasons ago, but any player with sense should be wary of going there anytime soon.

I had a quick scan of some papers in the work canteen, we were quarter of a page in the Daily Fail and page 4 in the Torygraph. Compared to back page and then double page for the Manc derby. Even Newcastle, Sunderland got a double page.

LVG's first season Utd went large with their signings, over paying for Falcao, DiMaria, Shaw and Rojo who were statement signings when in reality they need players in other positions. Herrara and Blind prob the best 2. I think they will continue to buy the wrong player for well above market value whilst Woodward is in charge.

Back
Top Bottom