Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, at the very least they've messed with the progress of either Sancho or Greenwood. At a guess, I'd say Ronaldo is more likely to play as a 9, and thus it'll affect Greenwood more imo. If the common thought that Greenwood was suppose to learn from Cavani for one more year, before taking the mantle.

Either way, completely agree that it's devoid of logic! OGS has spent these years finally building what looks like some sort of harmony. They sold Lukaku, partly, on that account ffs! Fernandes has just spent a Euros, a terrible Euros, in Ronaldo's shadow. And IIRC Real's dressing room was divided into two distinct groups during Ronaldo's time. Varane is a very smart cookie off the pitch, and I'll take a stab and say, he wasn't in the clique as the playboy that is Ronaldo. From a pure football perspective it's an amazing signing, but there's pitfalls all over the place within. And I'm not sure they have the manager to navigate those.
Its well documented that a lot of utds prospective signings are looked at at how many followers they have on social media

Greenwood will be the big loser here. He'll now be a sub at best for the time being. Suppose they could play him and Sancho to either side of Ronaldo until Rashford is back down the line.

United fans everywhere squeezing into their old Ronaldo shirts…
Homer Simpson GIF

It'll be interesting to see how this goes. I think Ronaldo was being shielded by Serie A not being a very good quality league, and while a lot of the Premier League teams are also crap these days it's definitely more intense. Dunno how he'll cope with that.

Definitely feels like a signing for the brand more than any football reasons. There's five or six worldwide superstar footballers and it feels like it's now important for the top tier european clubs to have at least one of them on their books to remain at the top table in terms of worldwide audience.

My grandad would be spinning in his grave to see football reduced to this etc.
April 2021 this news came out CALCIOMERCATO JUVENTUS ALLEGRI AND THE COUNCIL TO AGNELLI: 'LIBERATI DI CRISTIANO RONALDO "

CALCIOMERCATO - Max Allegri and that advice to Agnelli before leaving: 'Get rid of Ronaldo, he is blocking the growth of the team and society'.

Before they sent him away from Juventus, Massimiliano Allegri left as a dowry a piece of advice to the president Andrea Agnelli according to an indiscretion of the Repubblica this morning:
LIBERATI DI RONALDO, IS BLOCKING THE GROWTH OF TEAM AND SOCIETY
According to what Repubblica writes, the suggestion was later ignored by the Juventus leaders, convinced of the goodness of the CR7 project; After all, Juventus had just won their eighth consecutive championship with great fanfare and CR7 himself was the only one to save himself in the unfortunate Champions League campaign by stamping the card in the quarter-final against Ajax. The farewell was not even remotely contemplated, in short. Today the scenario has changed slightly ...

Greenwood will be the big loser here. He'll now be a sub at best for the time being. Suppose they could play him and Sancho to either side of Ronaldo until Rashford is back down the line.
The main loser is Cavani I guess ... and it wouldn't be surprising to see Lingard move in the next couple of days.

Gonna be hilarious to see how the supply teacher is going to balls it up this year.

As great as he has been, and as phenomenal as his personal statistics have remained, I think there's a good chance this will be looked back on as an expensive PR exercise. And despite vastly different circumstances leading up to the move, I think it's not too dissimilarto our signingof Bale last year.

Ronaldo is a truly Great player. One of the very best ever.

Hope his move works out as badly as Ndombele's has for us, although his won't be for a lack of effort.

What our fat bloke could learn from thismodel professional. If only a swap of minds.

Last edited:
Ronaldo is Great player. One of the very best ever.

Hope his move works out as badly as Ndombele's has for us, although his won't be for a lack of effort.

What our fat bloke could learn from thismodel professional. If only a swap of minds.
Ronaldo has constantly worked on his skills and diet which has paid off (Cantona was the same)

Ndombelly will never get anywhere near him

Utd. gonna get all the favours this year. Just you watch....

EPL and media dreaming of the comeback fantasy headlines and clicks already.

VAR cocked and loaded. :pochunimpressed:

Ronaldo took the number 7 from Cavani?
Solid start. Looking forward to witnessing the primadonna in action at Manu this season

Back
Top Bottom