Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's worse than that chart of Neville & Carragher suggests.

Only two successful (green) signings, and seven moderately successful (amber) signings.

Those seven include: Fred, Slabhead, Shaw, Matic & Herrera.

Sancho is classed as failure (Red).

certainly difficult to to get enthusiastic about virtually any of them.

Martial who I thought was a good player when he first went to ManU *even though they wildly overpaid for him) turned to shit - although this season seems to be getting to some sort of form.

But he's been there about 6 or 7 seasons now and has been between bad and awful for probably 4 of them ! And average for the rest !

As bad as their season start has been, if they can somehow eke out a win Vs Liverpool, they will amazingly be above them in the table & on a hell of a high.

Football is weird - it's bound to happen.

GARY GRIEF

Gary Neville labels Man Utd a ‘graveyard for footballers’ as legend names just TWO successful transfers since 2013​

• 20:39, 15 Aug 2022
GARY NEVILLE labelled Manchester United a "graveyard for footballers" as he named just TWO successful transfers in the last ten years.
The former right-back laid into the club alongside Jamie Carragher on Monday Night Football - 48 hours after the humiliation at Brentford.
Gary Neville reckons just two of the 33 signings have been a success

I wouldn’t have Fernandes green either

Scores the odd goal but his passing and dribbling isn’t good enough, ask yourself if he’d get into any of the other top 6 sides? Maybe the goons at a push

Bit surprised by some of the red ones. I thought Mikitaryian did well until he was forced to Woolwich. Lukaka did OK, scored 1 in 3.

Is Wan Bissaka a failure? Loads here wanted him.

.... and I thought our recruitment from 2016 - 20 was poor

That list is a bit all over the place.

- Bruno Fernandes is not green for one. He was decent in the first season when they were getting awarded ludicrous penalties, but since then he's been utter shite, worse than Lo Celso.
- Harry Maguire is definitely not amber, he's Ferrari Red considering the price they paid for him. An utter liability.
- Cavani is not amber, he's green. He was good whenever he played and according to the media was also a good mentor for the younger strikers on the pitch.
- You could make an argument that Martial is amber, since he was good when he arrived and he also played very well under the first season of Solskjaer.
- Daniel James is green. They fucking made a profit on him.

Being 100% serious here, I know it's only been two games, but if I was a Man Utd fan I'd honestly be worried about them being in a relegation battle this season, their team looks unmotivated, unfit (despite the talk from their training ground) & completely leaderless.

And hell, they're soon gonna have to be playing midweek in the Europa League for at least 6 matches.

They're not getting De Jong, and even if they did I doubt he would change much in that team.

I honestly see little difference between them and the likes of Everton this season so far.

They honestly remind me of our disastrous start under Ramos, where I worried for the first time since the late 90s of us possibly getting relegated.

And if any Man Utd fan thinks it would be impossible for them to be relegated again, I would point them towards River Plate in Argentina in 2011, where they were relegated for the first time in their history, it can happen to any team if things go badly enough.

Unfortunately they still have enough of a reputation where some teams will just roll over for them and some refs will unconsciously (or knowingly sometimes) help them out with soft decisions

Bit surprised by some of the red ones. I thought Mikitaryian did well until he was forced to Woolwich. Lukaka did OK, scored 1 in 3.

Is Wan Bissaka a failure? Loads here wanted him.
Wan bissaka is a huge failure, loads wanted him and we're told he offers nothing going forwards and it's proved true (bad at defending now too) 50m

Mikitaryian was average at best and why they forced him to Woolwich.

Looking at all those transfers makes a mockery that the Glazer's don't invest. They just bought the wrong players. There's got to be well over a billion quid there.

GARY GRIEF

Gary Neville labels Man Utd a ‘graveyard for footballers’ as legend names just TWO successful transfers since 2013​

GARY NEVILLE labelled Manchester United a "graveyard for footballers" as he named just TWO successful transfers in the last ten years.
The former right-back laid into the club alongside Jamie Carragher on Monday Night Football - 48 hours after the humiliation at Brentford.

This is just ridiculous, Neville's credibility has gone right in the bin, laughable.

Looking at all those transfers makes a mockery that the Glazer's don't invest. They just bought the wrong players. There's got to be well over a billion quid there.

They don’t invest, United is self funded, that is how big they are, they just spend on shit because the guys at the top don’t have a clue about football.

All the Glazers have done is buy the club with debt loaded onto the club and take dividends. United unlike Chelsea or City don’t need a sugar daddy they need a competent DoF with power to totally overhaul everything.

They don’t invest, United is self funded, that is how big they are, they just spend on shit because the guys at the top don’t have a clue about football.

All the Glazers have done is buy the club with debt loaded onto the club and take dividends. United unlike Chelsea or City don’t need a sugar daddy they need a competent DoF with power to totally overhaul everything.
Well yeah, poor phrasing. I know that it's a cash cow but the club have spent cash. Is more what I meant haha

Still bad ownership not to have a structure in place to invest successfully. They have also spent nothing on the ground or training facilities, loads of spending but no long term thinking

Back
Top Bottom