Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Believe it or not, I have actually managed to do that before (fresh jizz though!). My eye was burny for days.
anigif_sub-buzz-29436-1507669894-6.gif

This pre-match waffle is fantastic!!!

"from an attacking point of view I've no concerns today, Utd will be good on the ball, there's no excuse in this heat not to keep a lot of possession. I admire what ETH has done here today, he's come here today and said we are going to play total football"

And here we go!!

The piper called the tune. In his post-match rant, he specifically made it about the owners (there are loads and loads to loath about their owners if I were a man U fan). Despite his pre-match preamble all about praising the Manager, his team selection and playing "total football".

But what exactly has this start and particularly the loss to Brentford got directly to do with the Glazers? Did they pick the team? Did they play? Where they even at the match?

From what I saw from their fanbase they didn't want to go near Poch, they all thought ETH was the man (he still might be) but not focus on ETH and his selections and tactics, whilst going for the ownership is pure deflection.

I mean, in all fairness, when I heard about him making them run that much the day after a match, I was quite surprised. Normally they day after a match is all about recovery - when you stress already very tired bodies, that's how you get injuries. Struck me as a very dumb move by ETH.

Sure, cancel their off day and make them come in and so something, but running that much after a match is questionable IMO.
They only had to run the difference between the teams 13.8 kms. From the way i read it thats slightly over 1 km each.
Maybe im wrong but i dont think its 13.8 each!!!

Being 100% serious here, I know it's only been two games, but if I was a Man Utd fan I'd honestly be worried about them being in a relegation battle this season, their team looks unmotivated, unfit (despite the talk from their training ground) & completely leaderless.

And hell, they're soon gonna have to be playing midweek in the Europa League for at least 6 matches.

They're not getting De Jong, and even if they did I doubt he would change much in that team.

I honestly see little difference between them and the likes of Everton this season so far.

They honestly remind me of our disastrous start under Ramos, where I worried for the first time since the late 90s of us possibly getting relegated.

And if any Man Utd fan thinks it would be impossible for them to be relegated again, I would point them towards River Plate in Argentina in 2011, where they were relegated for the first time in their history, it can happen to any team if things go badly enough.

Last edited:
I've looked at ETH managerial history.

First up, obv never managed in the PL. Or England.
He's never been involved with being at the wrong end of the table.

There's nothing in his CV which shows that he can turn this around. Maybe he will but he looks totally out of his depth. He'll have to do something he's not done before.

If 10 matches down the line and they are still this shitshow then he'll be fired. Best bet if it gets to that would be to get H in till the end of the season. He's good at seeing a bunch of individuals who are or who have been good, and getting them to play a system that plays to their strengths.

Won;t happen of course

:harrysmile:
You heard him recently (H)? Well past it, croaky and out of touch….. not a chance. Ten years ago 100%

Being 100% serious here, I know it's only been two games, but if I was a Man Utd fan I'd honestly be worried about them being in a relegation battle this season, their team looks unmotivated, unfit (despite the talk from their training ground) & completely leaderless.

And hell, they're soon gonna have to be playing midweek in the Europa League for at least 6 matches.

They're not getting De Jong, and even if they did I doubt he would change much in that team.

I honestly see little difference between them and the likes of Everton this season so far.

They honestly remind me of our disastrous start under Ramos, where I worried for the first time since the late 90s of us possibly getting relegated.

And if any Man Utd fan thinks it would be impossible for them to be relegated again, I would point them towards River Plate in Argentina in 2011, where they were relegated for the first time in their history, it can happen to any team if things go badly enough.
Not the worst thing that could happen to them…. Would surely see the Glazers hounded out and they could reset and cull

Not the worst thing that could happen to them…. Would surely see the Glazers hounded out and they could reset and cull
Also what I said earlier about River Plate, Utd's situation in a way mirrors theirs of the time, the 2011 relegation didn't just come out of the blue, it had been coming after several bad seasons.

Yikes...

Bad situation brewing with Ronaldo, but nobody else wants him. Ticking time bomb over there, what a shame...

:contehmm:

No idea what sort of wages he is on but it will be like us with Tanguy. Nobody will want him on those wages and with that attitude. If Ten Hairs stands any chance at all he needs to get rid of him asap. If news comes out that ETH has had a change of heart and sees him as an integral part of the team then Rapenaldo has won.

Back
Top Bottom