Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has Ten Agh ever had to turn a club around? From his CV looks like not.

The players don't look like they've bought into him. Very little pressing.

Looks like he's safe from being booted out. I think the only way he leaves is if he walks.

Thing is, despite how bad the ownership is, they are still only one excellent managerial appointment from getting it all back together. No way of knowing how Ange would have turned out there, but he'd have got them playing football with a smile, the fans would have been totally on board, and imo top 4.

Lucky for us that they haven't found the right manager. From Busby to Fergie was 15+ (?) years and then another 5 for it all to come together.

Has Ten Agh ever had to turn a club around? From his CV looks like not.

The players don't look like they've bought into him. Very little pressing.

Looks like he's safe from being booted out. I think the only way he leaves is if he walks.

Thing is, despite how bad the ownership is, they are still only one excellent managerial appointment from getting it all back together. No way of knowing how Ange would have turned out there, but he'd have got them playing football with a smile, the fans would have been totally on board, and imo top 4.

Lucky for us that they haven't found the right manager. From Busby to Fergie was 15+ (?) years and then another 5 for it all to come together.

Big Ange might do a save job but their squad is toxic. They have no scouting, so Ange would need to in effect do a Fergie at the club and build it himself. Big ask.

They didn’t drop anything.

They bought the club with £700m of debt and loaded it with large interest while taking over £150m in dividends, the £1bn United spent was United’s own money not the Glazers, the Glazers have only ever taken money out of the club. People forget just how big United are, they can spend like City and Chavs but without a sugar daddy as it’s their own generated income not dodgy ‘sponsorship’.

Despite leeching off the club the biggest issue with the Glazers is they have hired the worst back office in football history. They have no scouting, no football philosophy and when Rangnick came in and told them to build one they fucked him off. So no back office, a stadium and training ground falling apart and loads of debt.

For all Levy’s sins and their are a few if we had the Glazers we’d have gone under, it’s only United huge size that is keeping them going.

To put it in to perspective had United had decent owners they could have spent £2bn on players without any owner investment and probably employed Pep or Klopp. Glazers have killed them.

Let me simplify this

The Glazers came in and used United funds to buy £1,000,000,000 worth of players in an attempt to keep the club competing at the top of the table. Winners make money, probably more so than posh seat capacity.

By comparison, ENIC have come in and used THFC revenue to finance a new, £1,000,000,000 stadium designed to further increase the revenue into the club.

TBH, neither club have seen the fruits of their labour yet.

It’s not normally I agree with Bent but he is spot on, why when you played a brand of football at Ajax and also a similar brand often with Man United last season which was successful would you move away from that to a Moyes Ball low block style of play.

Part of me thinks he has just bottled it, I know they have bad injures but you have to keep your style, you are who you are.

View: https://x.com/talksport/status/1720502400576860556?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Part of me thinks, yes that he has bottled it, but what's more that he knows it including that he's lost the dressing room.

He knows, he's a dead man walking, and is positioning himself to shift the blame to recruiting, the squad, Sancho, etc. To get away with the slightest bit of reputation left.

When the Glazers eventually leave they will leave behind plenty of trophies and almost certainly a new owner who will keep them at the top end.

I hate to be so black and white but ENIC have been a massive sporting failure. The only thing Levy will be remembered for is the stadium, and I doubt many will even associate him with it in time.
When the Glazers leave they will leave behind some trophies, but nowhere near the amount they should have won for a club of their size.

They will also only sell for way above the market value because they literally are milking a cash cow. Unlike Enic who take £0 out of the club.

Ask any Utd fans who'd they'd prefer, Glazers or Enic and you'll only get one answer.

Honestly mate I'll readily admit that I measure success by trophies (but not by any means, such as oil money).

I can't see how any Spurs fan will look back at the Redknapp and Pochettino years with anything other than extreme disappointment and regret.
Absolutely.

There's no doubt we should have won more , but based on most metrics, including fan happiness the Glazers are the worst owners in the league.

What does that mean though?

City have probably spent around the same amount of money as Utd in that time and look at them compared to United, couldn't be any further apart.

If there's never been any pressure to make good decisions then that's on the owners.
I don't want to excuse the incompetence at Utd, but I don't really believe the City finances. Let's not forget that while City is profitable, the football group as a whole loses money, even after state sponsorship.

Rashford out for United apparently as punishment for his Birthday Celebrations hours after Man U lost 3 nil to City.

That club is a car crash - leaving one of your best players because he's held a Birthday party....... Should have fined him. Leaving him out is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Has to make a stance becsuse of the Sancho situation.

Has to make a stance becsuse of the Sancho situation.
I understand that, but there must be other ways of making a stance that don't completely hamper a team that's on its knees.

I'm not sure they give a toss about being left out if the team - hit them in their wallets would be a much better solution.

I understand that, but there must be other ways of making a stance that don't completely hamper a team that's on its knees.

I'm not sure they give a toss about being left out if the team - hit them in their wallets would be a much better solution.

Yeah he's doing it to save face, don't think he really wants to drop him but if he plays then it justifies Ssncho's tweet.

At this point it's all driven by ego and stubborness.

Yeah he's doing it to save face, don't think he really wants to drop him but if he plays then it justifies Ssncho's tweet.

At this point it's all driven by ego and stubborness.
At the expense of the team.

Sancho as it's public, you can sort of understand but the Rashford thing should have been handled behind closed doors by grown ups.

Edit: Ten Hag says he's injured.

At the expense of the team.

Sancho as it's public, you can sort of understand but the Rashford thing should have been handled behind closed doors by grown ups

Should have been but that's probably why Ten Hag is facing the sack because he's clearly lost the dressing room because he hasn't addressed the issues properly.

Regardless of this, what's with all the revisionism?...Rashford has been shite this season anyway, he's probably doing the team a favour leaving him out.

It is something that sits as the rotten egg in the modern club. For Jol, Redknapp and Poch, turning off the money tap soon as we become good is what took the air out of our growth. You cant only support the manager in the bad times, that is not how great teams are built.

Now Ange is fixing the club and we are near or at the top the mistake of turning off the gas can’t be repeated. If Levy and the board have learnt from their errors we will go hard in January not soft.

Going soft from here would be to repeat the mistakes that crippled us in the past.

And is what a lot of us expect them to do with Ange too. He’s already asking for signings early in January. If that happens then maybe I will believe things will change but I doubt it. Hope I’m wrong and we invest when and how Ange wants.

A lot of off topic conversation on this thread, tut tut.

:pochsmirk:

Ten Haag has lost the plot and the dressing room and surely it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug.

No identity, no shape, no hope that things will get better.

You love to see it!

Back
Top Bottom