Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the disparity? And if the Glazers own 71% still that extra 1% is worth fuck all surely 🤣

disparity is that Ratcliffe is putting in one billion (ish) and accepting total value of Man U is say 4 billion, so his % share is a lot smaller than Glazers .......

extra 1% is worth something if/when manu pays dividends

the strength of Ratcliffe's ownership share is only as strong as the shareholder agreement he has with Glazers - media suggests that gives Ratcliffe control over the committee that overseas all playing matters including transfers.

disparity is that Ratcliffe is putting in one billion (ish) and accepting total value of Man U is say 4 billion, so his % share is a lot smaller than Glazers .......

the strength of Ratcliffe's ownership share is only as strong as the shareholder agreement he has with Glazers - media suggests that gives Ratcliffe control over the committee that overseas all playing matters including transfers.
It's a great deal for the Glazers.

They take the money. But Radcliffe is responsible for the football decisions.

I have two questions about Man U and Ratcliffe.

1. Is the clubs valuation set by their share price?

2. Does Ratcliffe want to buy the whole club?

Because if it is and if he does then surely he will want the share price to decrease so the club becomes cheaper to buy. Where’s the incentive for him to make the club perform better? Unless he’s just bought in for a vanity project, considering his age it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility but from a business perspective if 1 and 2 are a yes, then I just don’t understand it.

I have two questions about Man U and Ratcliffe.

1. Is the clubs valuation set by their share price?

2. Does Ratcliffe want to buy the whole club?

Because if it is and if he does then surely he will want the share price to decrease so the club becomes cheaper to buy. Where’s the incentive for him to make the club perform better? Unless he’s just bought in for a vanity project, considering his age it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility but from a business perspective if 1 and 2 are a yes, then I just don’t understand it.

1 Its a valuation agreed between them, but it would be astonishing if there was no relation to share price.
Just to confuse things there are 2 or more classes of share, not sure if all classes are quoted/listed. He will own different % of two classes of share

2 I think Ratcliffe started bidding for 100% but all bidders then notified that their bids didn't match Glazers valuation but suggested re-bid for a minority stake - which he did.

Ratcliffe has interests in a few sports businesses but ManU would be his largest (don't forget he bid for Chelsea against Boehly). Looks like he's trying to build up a portfolio of sports businesses with common 'strategic' managers - not dissimilar to US owners having stakes in NFL, basketball etc.

He's not commented on his goals or exit strategy, but surely realises its a 5+ year strategy to turn ManU round.

Maybe he thinks he's bought into an undervalued business - under valued because of bad management and lack of investment in facilities such as stadium so he thinks he'll be able to sell on at a profit come what may ?

1 Its a valuation agreed between them, but it would be astonishing if there was no relation to share price.
Just to confuse things there are 2 or more classes of share, not sure if all classes are quoted/listed. He will own different % of two classes of share

2 I think Ratcliffe started bidding for 100% but all bidders then notified that their bids didn't match Glazers valuation but suggested re-bid for a minority stake - which he did.

Ratcliffe has interests in a few sports businesses but ManU would be his largest (don't forget he bid for Chelsea against Boehly). Looks like he's trying to build up a portfolio of sports businesses with common 'strategic' managers - not dissimilar to US owners having stakes in NFL, basketball etc.

He's not commented on his goals or exit strategy, but surely realises its a 5+ year strategy to turn ManU round.

Maybe he thinks he's bought into an undervalued business - under valued because of bad management and lack of investment in facilities such as stadium so he thinks he'll be able to sell on at a profit come what may ?

Maybe, I don’t know enough about his sporting ventures. One thing though is that he’s still got to build the stadium and we know that building and financing a stadium now is vastly different than when we started on that journey. He wants into PL football for some reason and I do just now wonder if it’s for the fun of it rather than the investment.

Maybe, I don’t know enough about his sporting ventures. One thing though is that he’s still got to build the stadium and we know that building and financing a stadium now is vastly different than when we started on that journey. He wants into PL football for some reason and I do just now wonder if it’s for the fun of it rather than the investment.

One thing's for sure.... The 1bn he paid is going straight into the Glaziers pockets, so in that respect they're no richer; they just might find themselves better run..... Whether that means commercially or off the pitch is TBC.

Is he going to throw a further 500m - 1bn of his own dosh in to build a new stadium? I doubt that very much; so they'll continue to have to cut their cloth as they have been.

One thing's for sure.... The 1bn he paid is going straight into the Glaziers pockets, so in that respect they're no richer; they just might find themselves better run..... Whether that means commercially or off the pitch is TBC.

Is he going to throw a further 500m - 1bn of his own dosh in to build a new stadium? I doubt that very much; so they'll continue to have to cut their cloth as they have been.

A new stadium will cost them over £2 billion. No idea if they’ve the appetite for that but I doubt it.

There's issues with their current site/expansion too IU think because of the train line - it runs deep under the stand or something doesn't it?

I read the other month that they had a site available to build another stadium there and it would be the most cost effective way rather than trying and replace old Trafford but by bit.

I think their problem is build costs and finance costs have gone up considerably since we built ours. Eg. Our interest payments are something like 2% one our loans, from memory. There’s would be higher, which they could afford but on top of the glaziers taking our dividends every year it’s less money towards the team.

Do they all have the patience for it nevermind a person driving it all.

Hopefully he is a grass though
Snitch Tattles GIF
Hopefully he is a grass though
Snitch Tattles GIF
He just has to stick to the plan.

MANCHESTER UNITED fans joked "we need to talk" after historic tweets from their incoming CEO were exposed.

The Red Devils caused shockwaves yesterday when news broke of their successful poaching of Omar Berrada from rivals Manchester City.

Credit: X
Berrada, 46, completed his shock switch across Manchester after 13 trophy-laden years working at the Etihad.

However, the move led to supporters digging up some old posts from Berrada - and it does not make pretty reading for the incoming chief.

And he could be set for some slightly awkward first meetings after appearing to mock the Old Trafford club and publicly revealing he wanted them to lose matches.

One from 2012 said: "Stuck at the airport 'cause of snow delays. Killing time watching Man United vs Chelsea on my iPad via Sky Go. And hoping for a Man U loss..."

He then added: "Goal! Chelsea 2-0 Manchester United. Oh yeah! Viva la Spanish Connection!"

Berrada also commented: "Good timing for Virgin Money to start shirt sponsorship with Newcastle. 3-0 win vs Manchester United."

In a further tweet, he typed: "Watching the Man Utd vs Bayern 1999 UCL final on ESPN Classic. I had forgotten how much Bayern really deserved to win that match."

A controversial comment about a club legend read: "Saw a documentary on George Best. Amazing player that didn't hit his full potential. And it's curious how much his style resembled Messi's."

He slammed a big-name signing when he posted: "Report claims Manchester United overpaid by £24m for Angel Di Maria."

And he also shared a Guardian article titled: "Manchester United: How did they get into this mess?"

Unsurprisingly, after the tweets resurfaced, United fans were not best pleased.

One said: "Berrada we need to talk about those old tweets big chief."

Another wrote: "He’s probably gonna need to delete some tweets….. quickly."

A third added: "We’re still in this damn mess, come save us Omar."

However, others were less concerned.

One responded: "These Omar Berrada tweets are gold."

And someone hit back: "People mocking Omar Berrada's old tweets, but the hilarious part is it just proves how damn big we are. Hate us all you want, but when we call, they answer."

Berrada will head up football and business operations at Old Trafford and is tasked with taking the club back to the top of English and European football again.

Despite United confirming the high-profile acquisition on Saturday evening, Berrada may have to wait until the end of the season to start working in his new role as CEO - as he replaces Richard Arnold and interim Patrick Stewart in the Old Trafford boardroom.

United said: "The Club is determined to put football and performance on the pitch back at the heart of everything we do. Omar’s appointment represents the first step on this journey.

"As one of the most experienced football executives at the top of European football, Omar brings a wealth of football and commercial expertise, with a proven record of successful leadership and a passion to help lead change across the Club.

"He is currently serving as Chief Football Operations Officer for City Football Group overseeing 11 clubs across five continents and, prior to this, held senior roles at Barcelona.

Back
Top Bottom