Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

86cZdEo.jpg

axq7RGn.jpg

cWUr9zC.png

CCsaSNE.jpg

When Utd missed the pen in the shootout, Goldbridge swivelled his char away from the camera & made a weird sound, like somebody screaming into a pillow.

It was glorious.

Here is the reason why VAR allowed the goal to stay. It really shows what a farce VAR really is though. And now players now will train on how not to make handballs look deliberate just as they used to deliberately aim at players' hands before to get penalities (and, no, I do not feel sorry for Man Utd).
I wish this rule had applied to VAR rules back in 2019 when Mane deliberately aimed at Sissoko's waving hands...
PS! I agree that in cases like Carroll heading into Dier's hand from 1 meter away while Dier has his back turned to the ball and player should NOT be deemed handball.

MARK CLATTENBURG: VAR was right to allow Middlesbrough's controversial equaliser to stand because ref Anthony Taylor believed Duncan Watmore's handball was accidental and the law was changed last summer​

• Equaliser was allowed to stand due to change to the handball law last summer
  • Duncan Watmore's control of the ball with his hand was viewed as accidental
  • And because Matt Crooks scored, and not Watmore, it was the right decision
Middlesbrough’s goal was allowed to stand because of a change to the handball law last summer.

Duncan Watmore handled the ball before finding Matt Crooks, who scored.

But the tweaked law says a goal will only be disallowed if the scorer handles the ball — not the player in possession before him.

Referee Anthony Taylor could have blown if he believed there had been a deliberate handball by the Boro man.

He didn’t think it was deliberate because a miscontrol by Watmore meant the ball flicked up to hit his arm, and I agree with that verdict.

It was accidental, so it was right that the goal stood.

"Middlesbrough's win at Manchester United on Friday is the big shock of the round so far.

"Was it really an upset?" asks former Tottenham and Republic of Ireland forward Robbie Keane on ITV4."

Ge6LLlE.gif

I've noticed that the Redcafe crew seem to have reached the point of acceptance with their club now.

In the first few years of their new reality, they would be apoplectic & explode with fury at disastrous results - but now, after almost a decade of being a banter club, they seem to have come to terms with their also-ran status & are no longer surprised by these regular humiliations.

It's a beautiful thing.

I've noticed that the Redcafe crew seem to have reached the point of acceptance with their club now.

In the first few years of their new reality, they would be apoplectic & explode with fury at disastrous results - but now, after almost a decade of being a banter club, they seem to have come to terms with their also-ran status & are no longer surprised by these regular humiliations.

It's a beautiful thing.
So why haven't we? We've been a banter club since the early 90s lol

Back
Top Bottom