Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope. Redcafe is worried about their budget. There’s talks it’s only someone around 20-75m. Low by their standards.

That’s crazy. They still probably have the largest fanbase to drain in the prem. their size means they can still get big sponsorship deals. My god the glaziers are parasties, they took the worlds 2nd biggest club after RM and have fucked it.

I couldn’t imagine have a better squad, more money and a bigger future than Manchester United and yet here we are.

Once went / worked on an African safari vacation with high wealth donors to public broadcasting. Supposed to be a ‘thank you’ from the station but still cost an arm and a leg although we enjoyed some ridiculous private access.

I made friends with a single woman on the trip mostly helping her with her electronics. It turned out that she was the widow of a Greek shipping magnate who was a contemporary of Onassis and regularly made the society pages. Talking to her, she had homes all over the world including NYC, London, Greece and Switzerland. Never met anyone as minted.

Every one of her outfits was worth at least a couple of grand — and she wore two daily (day clothes and changed in the evening) — and her accessories far more even though you would never have guessed by looking at her. Everything was beautifully understated. My point: Uber-rich people don’t need to show off how rich they are.

And yet you found out she was a widow of a Greek shopping magnate, regularly made societies pages and had homes all over the world.....

Damn it's a good job she only wore 3 outfits a day, otherwise everyone would have known how rich she was........ smhhhh

Paul Pogba rejected Man United's £300,000-per-week offers as DERISORY

'They're bluffing... How can you offer me NOTHING?': Paul Pogba's new documentary reveals how he rejected Man United's £300,000-per-week contract offers as being DERISORY, from his Rolls-Royce​

• Paul Pogba complained Man United's £300,000-a-week offers were 'nothing'
  • The revelations come in a new 'Pogmentary' documentary released on Friday
  • Preview footage shows his late agent Mino Raiola telling him about the offers
  • But Pogba, from his Rolls Royce, reacted with incredulity despite the huge wage
  • He is set to leave Old Trafford as a free agent when his deal expires this summer
  • Click here for all the latest World Cup 2022 news and updates
By MAX MATHEWS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 06:46 BST, 16 June 2022 | UPDATED: 19:55 BST, 16 June 2022

Paul Pogba complained Manchester United offered him 'nothing' despite two contract offers worth £300,000-a-week, a new documentary on the player has revealed.

The 'Pogmentary', released on Friday, reveals that Old Trafford chiefs twice offered him new deals in excess of the existing £290,000-a-week terms which saw him become one of the highest-paid players in the world.

But, as reported by the Athletic, as shown by a preview from the documentary, Pogba responded to his late agent Mino Raiola telling him about the second proposal last July by describing it as 'nothing' - from his Rolls-Royce.

A clearly upset Pogba said: 'How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing?' he says, clearly affronted. 'Never seen that.'

Then-United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, himself given a new three-year contract in July 2021, had promised to 'build the team around' the talented midfielder.

The club made multiple attempts to keep him at Old Trafford but long since resigned themselves to the idea of him leaving. Pogba will depart when his contract expires this summer and is set to rejoin his former club Juventus.

Much of the documentary centres on the huge turning point in his career, ending his career with the club where he broke through and leaving as a free agent.

Given Pogba's obvious talent, it may be somewhat of a surprise that United are letting him go for nothing given they signed him for £89m, at that point a world-record fee.

But problems with injuries, inconsistency and big differences between performances at club and international level with France - with whom he won the 2018 World Cup after a series of excellent showings - means he will not be widely missed.

Many feel his arrival was based on commercial rather than footballing reasons - and the glitzy, glossy-looking documentary and the footage within does little to dispel that idea, with genuine surprise about his reaction to the club's offer.

Pogba, driving down State Road 5 in Miami, Florida on the east coast of America while on holiday, is on the phone with Raiola, the Italian super-agent who died in April after a serious illness.

The French star labelled the offer 'nothing' while driving a Rolls-Royce down a Miami highway

The French star labelled the offer 'nothing' while driving a Rolls-Royce down a Miami highway
Speaking in both Pogba's natural French and Raiola's natural Italian, Raiola said: 'Paul, you are in a situation which is very particular. You have no idea. You have no idea.'

The 29-year-old then asked: 'Did Manchester (United) make a second offer?' Raiola responded: 'Yes. They absolutely want you to stay. For me, the offer doesn't reflect that. I told them, "If you want him to stay, don't make that offer".

'I will make them understand that if they really want you to stay and they want to build a project around you, this time they have to act differently and put the money on the table.'

'They're bluffing,' Pogba replies. 'How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing? Never seen that.'

In one of the last scenes in the documentary, Pogba vows to 'show Manchester that they made a mistake in waiting to give me a contract. And show other clubs that Manchester made a mistake in not offering me a contract'.

Last edited:

'They're bluffing... How can you offer me NOTHING?': Paul Pogba's new documentary reveals how he rejected Man United's £300,000-per-week contract offers as being DERISORY, from his Rolls-Royce​

• But Pogba, from his Rolls Royce, reacted with incredulity despite the huge wage
  • He is set to leave Old Trafford as a free agent when his deal expires this summer

Paul Pogba complained Manchester United offered him 'nothing' despite two contract offers worth £300,000-a-week, a new documentary on the player has revealed.

The 'Pogmentary', released on Friday, reveals that Old Trafford chiefs twice offered him new deals in excess of the existing £290,000-a-week terms which saw him become one of the highest-paid players in the world.

But, as reported by the Athletic, as shown by a preview from the documentary, Pogba responded to his late agent Mino Raiola telling him about the second proposal last July by describing it as 'nothing' - from his Rolls-Royce.

A clearly upset Pogba said: 'How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing?' he says, clearly affronted. 'Never seen that.'

Then-United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, himself given a new three-year contract in July 2021, had promised to 'build the team around' the talented midfielder.

The club made multiple attempts to keep him at Old Trafford but long since resigned themselves to the idea of him leaving. Pogba will depart when his contract expires this summer and is set to rejoin his former club Juventus.

Much of the documentary centres on the huge turning point in his career, ending his career with the club where he broke through and leaving as a free agent.

Given Pogba's obvious talent, it may be somewhat of a surprise that United are letting him go for nothing given they signed him for £89m, at that point a world-record fee.

But problems with injuries, inconsistency and big differences between performances at club and international level with France - with whom he won the 2018 World Cup after a series of excellent showings - means he will not be widely missed.

Many feel his arrival was based on commercial rather than footballing reasons - and the glitzy, glossy-looking documentary and the footage within does little to dispel that idea, with genuine surprise about his reaction to the club's offer.

Pogba, driving down State Road 5 in Miami, Florida on the east coast of America while on holiday, is on the phone with Raiola, the Italian super-agent who died in April after a serious illness.

The French star labelled the offer 'nothing' while driving a Rolls-Royce down a Miami highway'nothing' while driving a Rolls-Royce down a Miami highway

Speaking in both Pogba's natural French and Raiola's natural Italian, Raiola said: 'Paul, you are in a situation which is very particular. You have no idea. You have no idea.'

The 29-year-old then asked: 'Did Manchester (United) make a second offer?' Raiola responded: 'Yes. They absolutely want you to stay. For me, the offer doesn't reflect that. I told them, "If you want him to stay, don't make that offer".

'I will make them understand that if they really want you to stay and they want to build a project around you, this time they have to act differently and put the money on the table.'

'They're bluffing,' Pogba replies. 'How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing? Never seen that.'

In one of the last scenes in the documentary, Pogba vows to 'show Manchester that they made a mistake in waiting to give me a contract. And show other clubs that Manchester made a mistake in not offering me a contract'.
If he got payed for the effort he puts in , he be lucky to draw £300 per week . What an arrogant , out of touch greedy bastard

And yet you found out she was a widow of a Greek shopping magnate, regularly made societies pages and had homes all over the world.....

Damn it's a good job she only wore 3 outfits a day, otherwise everyone would have known how rich she was........ smhhhh
She didn’t tell me who she was.
The tour organizer did. I looked up her details when I got back. She was modest although clearly could live pretty much wherever.
I doubt she was whoring herself to Page Six of the NY Post.

By tbe way, 1 + 1 ( day + night) generally equals 2.
You’re welcome.

Edited to add: Any details I elicited came about organically from conversation. She didn’t have to wave bling in my face.

Last edited:

...That were each visibly "worth at least a couple of grand". :contesmile:

The French star labelled the offer 'nothing' while driving a Rolls-Royce down a Miami highway'nothing' while driving a Rolls-Royce down a Miami highway

Holy shit. Pray for Souness.

Sounness1-e1540233555945.jpg

Exactly.
If you could pick them out.
If you can spot a Ferragamo shoe, you know it costs upward of 750 bucks. If you can’t, it’s just another fucking plain shoe. Understand? This isn’t tough.

Just so we're clear; how many outfits do you wear per day?

Post pandemic, I rarely get out of my PJs or shorts.

Mrs G forces me to put on trousers once a month when I go into my office.

I don’t own any Ferragamo shoes.

Did helping the lady who didnt look like she was loaded but wore Ferragamo shoes, only got changed 2, not 3 times a day, had properties all around the world and was featured in social circles with a husband who was a shipping magnate succumb to your advances using the old 'I helped her with her electronics move'?

I've a feeling it's a bit like dysentery..... Only with diamond earings and dabbing.
btw, this what the chavs' new owner wants. Expect some truly horrid NBA/NFL crossover promo shit. Maybe the "lebron james of the English premier league" will be the star of the show.

Post pandemic, I rarely get out of my PJs or shorts.

Mrs G forces me to put on trousers once a month when I go into my office.

I don’t own any Ferragamo shoes.

Wearing 3 or 4 different “outfits” a day on holiday and having 2 or 3 showers most days when I’m somewhere hot is clearly not a thing for everyone here.

Maybe I’m just a very sweaty bastard.

:levyeyes::levywtf::levyeyes:

So yesterday Sky write a story about how two players that haven't signed for Man United show how Man United are still a draw for big players. Yeah, that fucked up.
This morning, Talksport discussing the Ajax player, Timber, turning them down. They on the other hand took pleasure in saying how United are NOT the draw they once were.
Been saying it for years. In the 90's they were the only club you left for in England. Realistically, Madrid, Barcelona or 2-3 Italian teams is about it.
Say what you like about financial doping, but it has crushed that monopoly. IMO, a lot of teams, even those without oil money, are wealthier and more ambitious than they were before.

Fuck Man United, I hope they win nothing for 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom