Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The decay was started by Ferguson. He left his successor with an ageing squad running on fumes. Since then, the club's been run by a board who must spend an hour in every meeting just saying "we're Man Utd, the biggest club in the World" with a chorus of harrumphs as each says it in turn.

The decline increased momentum when Fergie left, but think back to even before then.....

The decline in quality of player & decisiveness in the trf market can be tracked back to around the time that Ronaldo left..... Rooney sensed it when Nani replaced Ronaldo!

........Feels like the last time they were the force they used to be in the market is when they bullied us out of Berbatov.

Last edited:
"Then in August, he intervened in Ronaldo’s prospective move to Manchester City. His involvement has been reported before but The Athletic can reveal he called Joel Glazer directly to argue for United hijacking the transfer. Sources say Ferguson seldom rings United’s principal owner, but he found it unconscionable Ronaldo might cross the Manchester divide so broke the emergency glass"

You'd think they'd bin his advice off. He handpicked Moyes as his successor, and then was instrumental in getting the toxic twat in?

The decline increased momentum when Fergie left, but think back to even before then.....

The quality of player & decisiveness in the trf market decline can be tracked back to around the time that Ronaldo left..... Rooney sense it when Nani replaced Ronaldo!

........Feels like the last time they were the force they used to be in the market is when they bullied us out of Berbatov.
And for that very reason I’m enjoying this

Was giving Sancho a lot of leeway because first season in England/struggling team and all that but he's headed towards the 'worst big money signings' list if he keeps this up all season. His trademark atm is a couple of stepovers before passing it backwards. Never takes his man on.

The quality of player & decisiveness in the trf market decline can be tracked back to around the time that Ronaldo left..... Rooney sense it when Nani replaced Ronaldo!

Yup, pretty much what I was saying.

The cynic in me thinks that Ferguson was Cognizant of this, in order the cement his place in Utd history as their greatest.

It might be a bit tin foil hat to think that way, but the bloke had an ego. If he'd had someone take on the club and continue to dominate in the same way he had, it would have diluted his grandeur somewhat. Methinks that would have bruised that ego.

Pundits saying Ten Haag needs years to fix them. I don't necessarily disagree that this is a many windows-long process, but not sure Ten Haag is the one to oversee that sort of transformation.

Really the most important thing they need is a top caliber DOF to lead that process. They don't necessarily need a Ten Haag or a Conte, they need a Paratici more than anything else.

EDIT: Also says a lot they didn't let Rangnick undertake that shift. He said they needed 10 new players so they didn't let him do the job he was actually qualified for.

The problem is clearly environmental. Just look at Manchester United's salaries: they are completely outside the parameters of human reason. Reshaping salaries by leaving only those who want to stay. That's where the problem starts.

• CRISTIANO RONALDO – (26) 30
  • David DE GEA – (19,5) 22,6
  • Jadon SANCHO: (18,2) 21,18
  • Anthony MARTIAL – (13) 15
  • Edinson CAVANI – (11) 12,6
  • Marcus RASHFORD – (10,4) 12
  • Harry MAGUIRE – (10) 11,4
  • BRUNO FERNANDES – (9,4) 10,8
  • Raphael VARANE – 10,5
  • Juan MATA – (8,3) 9,6
  • Luke SHAW – (7,8) 9
  • FRED – (6,2) 7,2
  • Victor LINDELOF – (6,2) 7,2
  • Nemanja MATIC – (6,2) 7,2
  • Donny VAN DE BEEK – (6,2) 7,2
  • Dean HENDERSON – (5,2) 6
  • ALEX TELLES – (4,8) 5,6
  • Aaron WAN-BISSAKA – (4,7) 5,4

Yup, pretty much what I was saying.

The cynic in me thinks that Ferguson was Cognizant of this, in order the cement his place in Utd history as their greatest.

It might be a bit tin foil hat to think that way, but the bloke had an ego. If he'd had someone take on the club and continue to dominate in the same way he had, it would have diluted his grandeur somewhat. Methinks that would have bruised that ego.

I don't think his intent was to sabotage, but I think for as much as he had to fight the regime during his latter days, he put all that into him going out on top (one last title) rather than channeling those efforts into laying the strongest possible foundations for the new era.... Even then, he left behind a fairly even blend of veterans and younger guys..... What screwed Moyes is 1) binning off all the rest of Fergie's coaching crew and b) the veterans (Rio, Giggs etc.) undermining him.....

Think back to his first big window. The big statement to usher in a new era:

Fellaini

1 fucking player!

......Then Mata in January (who didn't want to leave the Chavs) and they never hit the same level since.

Last edited:
I don't think his intent was to sabotage, but I think for as much as he had to fight the regieme during his latter days he put all that into him going out on top (one last title) rather than channelling those efforts into laying the strongest possible foundations for the new era.... Even then he left behind a fairly even blend of veterans and younger guys..... What screwed Moyes is 1) binning off all the rest of Fergie's crew and b) the veterans undermining him.....

Think back to his first big window. The big statement to usher in a new era:

Fellaini

1 fucking player!

......Then Mata in January (who didn't want to leave the Chavs) and never hit the same level since.
Yeah that last title winning team was by far the worst one Ferguson ever had, an ordinary team on paper.

This pre-match waffle is fantastic!!!

"from an attacking point of view I've no concerns today, Utd will be good on the ball, there's no excuse in this heat not to keep a lot of possession. I admire what ETH has done here today, he's come here today and said we are going to play total football"

Neville: "Jamie, I've heard you criticise Daniel Levy, at tottenham, when they failed over a long period of time... because, to be fair, they've had failure over 20-30 years...thats a fact..."

Jamie: "But, he's got it right, because he's done what you should have done and got in Antonio Conte as manager."

iu

This pre-match waffle is fantastic!!!

"from an attacking point of view I've no concerns today, Utd will be good on the ball, there's no excuse in this heat not to keep a lot of possession. I admire what ETH has done here today, he's come here today and said we are going to play total football"

Easy mistake to make , shit and football sound very similar when said quickly. :contelol:

Back
Top Bottom