Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

conan-hello.gif

Or he’s standing up for himself in the face of the manager trying to make him look like a prick?

We don’t know. Seems weird no matter what the reasoning is.

He's definitely a problem child and he has previous at other clubs but I think he's being singled out a little and made an example of, even if he didn't apologise leaving him out the team is enough, treating him like an outsider is OTT

He's definitely a problem child and he has previous at other clubs but I think he's being singled out a little and made an example of, even if he didn't apologise leaving him out the team is enough, treating him like an outsider is OTT
He definitely was a problem child, judging by City letting him go and reports from dortmund re time keeping etc. But he was just a teenager then. Maybe he not grown up yet and he is still a problem? Seems like the ManU powers have all the confidence in the world in ETH to allow him to fuck up the value of a 100m asset like this.

yea they need someone that actually knows what they are doing. i dont think we lucked out, i think paratici actually knows the game. he aint got everything right but hes got far more right than wrong aint he. united overpay for shit, have done since fergie left. theyve tried the big boys like di maria etc and then they've tried the less extravagant route too, neither has worked.

looks like theyve got some deep rotted problems like we had with the "spursy" lot that were robbing a living. players that are not only not good enough, but have brought a poor culture to the club.
Players don't bring a poor culture to a club. Like every other business, the culture is set from the top.

That club is being treated as a cash cow by its owners. Small wonder that so many of the players treat it the same way.

Players don't bring a poor culture to a club. Like every other business, the culture is set from the top.

That club is being treated as a cash cow by its owners. Small wonder that so many of the players treat it the same way.

It looks to me like this also comes from the transfer strategy, they have sleep-walked into. Since around the time of Alexis Sanchez signing, there's been any number of signings and contract renewals, where you get clear impression that United are paying over the odds wages to get "big names". In a desperate attempt to get back to very top.

If agents galore are telling players that they can sign for a top, top, top team, or for United with 25% higher wages, you get exactly what you're saying.

De Gea at (a reported) 375k before leaving, I mean FFS. Wonder what he's demanding now.

He definitely was a problem child, judging by City letting him go and reports from dortmund re time keeping etc. But he was just a teenager then. Maybe he not grown up yet and he is still a problem? Seems like the ManU powers have all the confidence in the world in ETH to allow him to fuck up the value of a 100m asset like this.

Yeah fair - I think he's a bit misunderstood because he's aloof and quiet, it looks like he has an attitude problem but I reckon he needs a manager who can connect with him on his level - Ten Hag isn't that, it seems like he's a bit of an old skool disciplinarian.

This situation is weird because I can see both their point of views.

Yeah fair - I think he's a bit misunderstood because he's aloof and quiet, it looks like he has an attitude problem but I reckon he needs a manager who can connect with him on his level - Ten Hag isn't that, it seems like he's a bit of an old skool disciplinarian.

This situation is weird because I can see both their point of views.
One of those we’ll have to wait and see. If Sancho goes on to do well at his next club, one conclusion. If he continues on looking like he is causing issue, it’s all the more likely he’s been the problem all along.

Saying all that, I don’t think it helps to be hero worshipping kids of 21, putting huge pressure on them to perform and paying them around a million a month. My head would have exploded. Still would.

One of those we’ll have to wait and see. If Sancho goes on to do well at his next club, one conclusion. If he continues on looking like he is causing issue, it’s all the more likely he’s been the problem all along.

Saying all that, I don’t think it helps to be hero worshipping kids of 21, putting huge pressure on them to perform and paying them around a million a month. My head would have exploded. Still would.

Giving him £350k a week is utterley mental as well, Utd things.

if you bring enough bad eggs/soft characters in it will change the culture. look at ours now its completely different to the 'spursy' shit weve had to suffer, too many weak characters floating about with a lack of fight in them. levy is still there.

if you bring enough bad eggs/soft characters in it will change the culture. look at ours now its completely different to the 'spursy' shit weve had to suffer, too many weak characters floating about with a lack of fight in them. levy is still there.
If you are bringing them in and, more to the point, allowing them to stay, it's because your culture is fucked anyway. You get bad apples you either reeducate them, or you ship them out. You don't pander to them.

The culture at Utd currently, is that the name on the back of the shirt is bigger than the badge on the front of it.

Our culture, over the last few years, has been neglect and quick fix. I honestly think that Levy took his eye off the ball, almost literally, because the stadium build consumed the majority of his time. He's now looking like he's putting that straight by bringing in the people who will implement the culture he wants.

It starts at the top. The Glaziers couldn't care less about Utd. They've bled it for years for enormous profit with absolutely no risk attached. They leveraged the club to bleed it dry. Everyone can see this, the players are just getting their piece of the action before the club is left as a carcass.

It won't matter what manager they bring in, or players they get. As long as the Glaziers are in charge, all Utd will be seen as is a once great name that you can earn millions at, in a very short period of time, without having to worry about whether you play or not.

The culture has changed at Tottenham because Levy has changed, pretty obvious that.

Getting Paratici in was a massive key to that, he's the one who was responsible for changing everything from scouting, recruitment - he even changed the look of the team busses to have the club logo on them to the way the players dress on match day.

Utd's culture has been poor for a while, they don't have football people at their club - Ronaldo said as much in his interview - when you don't set the right culture at the top of companies it always seeps down the hierarchy to the bottom,

If you are bringing them in and, more to the point, allowing them to stay, it's because your culture is fucked anyway. You get bad apples you either reeducate them, or you ship them out. You don't pander to them.

The culture at Utd currently, is that the name on the back of the shirt is bigger than the badge on the front of it.

Our culture, over the last few years, has been neglect and quick fix. I honestly think that Levy took his eye off the ball, almost literally, because the stadium build consumed the majority of his time. He's now looking like he's putting that straight by bringing in the people who will implement the culture he wants.

It starts at the top. The Glaziers couldn't care less about Utd. They've bled it for years for enormous profit with absolutely no risk attached. They leveraged the club to bleed it dry. Everyone can see this, the players are just getting their piece of the action before the club is left as a carcass.

It won't matter what manager they bring in, or players they get. As long as the Glaziers are in charge, all Utd will be seen as is a once great name that you can earn millions at, in a very short period of time, without having to worry about whether you play or not.

Everything about this post is absolutely correct, and Utd are being exposed massively in this league because this league is as competitive as ever, the margins are too fine these days if your club is not being ran properly because clubs in the Prem now are being ran off the pitch by football people with vision to make them better on the pitch, can't just spend your way out of trouble and win the league these days.

The culture has changed at Tottenham because Levy has changed, pretty obvious that.

Getting Paratici in was a massive key to that, he's the one who was responsible for changing everything from scouting, recruitment - he even changed the look of the team busses to have the club logo on them to the way the players dress on match day.

Utd's culture has been poor for a while, they don't have football people at their club - Ronaldo said as much in his interview - when you don't set the right culture at the top of companies it always seeps down the hierarchy to the bottom,

They had Rangnick, they just chose to ignore him and then jettison him because ten Hag didn’t want him there. If they had done what he said they’d be in a better position.

Back
Top Bottom