Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone see the chat about this lot on sky last night?
Geoff Shreeves commented that most championship side have better training facilities than West Ham...
And that's their new training ground not the shit heap at Chadwell Heath.

They have one training ground for first team and another for the development squad - you know so they can keep them separate. Cutting edge thinking there.

Why are we laughing they got Stratford, qualified for the CL before us and actually won it, won the PL, had Tevez, have a running track, a bubble machine, they’ve won the World Cup, we can’t even finish our stadium because their fan cut some cables, and even at our worst they are still relegation fodder.

Perspective please.
Funny to think that some people here thought the Olympic stadium would actually have them become all that.

And some dumb fuckers wanted us to move there

Funny to think that some people here thought the Olympic stadium would actually have them become all that.

Much of our fan base was a fucking disgrace at that time.
The shit being spouted about the “shit hole” Tottenham holding us back and how corporates would be scared to go there and invest and the nice eateries and parking in Stratford.

Glory Glory was disgusting, so many on there lost their heads, with their “next level” visions.

The shit being spouted about the “shit hole” Tottenham holding us back and how corporates would be scared to go there and invest and the nice eateries and parking in Stratford.

Glory Glory was disgusting, so many on there lost their heads, with their “next level” visions.
I saw a few posts like that,couldn't get my head round it.
But i can honestly say that i only ever met one person in the flesh that wanted to move to Stratford.
He turned up in my local(haven't seen him since),and was spouting how it was the best thing for the club and we need to leave the dump that is N17.
I was having a serious debate with him ,up until he dropped into the conversation that he had never attended a game at WHL.
I may have swore a few times at this point...

We were never going to move into the Stadium - like it or not we had a proper plan and knew it needed knocking down, dildo brothers and the succubus saw a free stadium and didn't care about the football. Even the "improved transport links" are shit which was the only benefit to going there.

*I was always against moving there.

But i can honestly say that i only ever met one person in the flesh that wanted to move to Stratford.
He turned up in my local(haven't seen him since),and was spouting how it was the best thing for the club and we need to leave the dump that is N17.
I was having a serious debate with him ,up until he dropped into the conversation that he had never attended a game at WHL.
Club wouldn’t have existed to me if they went there, I felt sick during that period, not knowing if I could genuinely turn my back on it or not.

But it wouldn’t be turning my back on it, because Stratford FC isn’t a club

I met a couple who were up for the move, match goers from Essex. Talking to West Ham fans its Wembley shuffle but worse to get out so even the improved transport never materialized.

It is important to remember that West Ham in Stratford vs Tottenham in Stratford is not comparable, we did more at Wembley area to make it feel like a home ground than west ham do there, don't want to pay for anything.

I met a couple who were up for the move, match goers from Essex. Talking to West Ham fans its Wembley shuffle but worse to get out so even the improved transport never materialized.

It is important to remember that West Ham in Stratford vs Tottenham in Stratford is not comparable, we did more at Wembley area to make it feel like a home ground than west ham do there, don't want to pay for anything.
I have no doubt we would have made a better job of it than they have,but.
It's not our home,it never was,and to us of a around now it never would be.

I would have probably knocked it on the head as a match going fan,had it gone through.
Home games anyway.Something would have died, that's for sure regardless.

I would have probably knocked it on the head as a match going fan,had it gone through.
Me too, I was 100% against the move for those reasons.

If they had got the Levy proposed deal to fund Crystal Palace redevelopment for Athletic events and build a state of the art football stadium they would have become a big club imo.

We were never going to move into the Stadium - like it or not we had a proper plan and knew it needed knocking down, dildo brothers and the succubus saw a free stadium and didn't care about the football. Even the "improved transport links" are shit which was the only benefit to going there.

*I was always against moving there.
Club wouldn’t have existed to me if they went there, I felt sick during that period, not knowing if I could genuinely turn my back on it or not.

But it wouldn’t be turning my back on it, because Stratford FC isn’t a club

Was dead against it. Still am. Would have been the wrong thing to do, and even if we had built the current stadium on the site (minus the retractable pitch), wouldn't have gone there.

They genuinely believe that if they get relegated it would mean the end of GSB but it wouldn't. They wouldn't sell as the stock would be so so low. It's not huge now but they could make a profit, if they go down no one would buy them.
Lets also not forget their rather lucrative return they get on their loan to the Club. What was 6% and now I believe 2% or 3% (so, £3m - £1.5m per year) on top of there salaries which just keep on getting fatter and fatter: Karren Brady paid extra £438k by West Ham United on top of £898k salary

"We should fear WestHam"

We are now "West Ham level"

West Ham are "closing the gap"

Etc.

Life as a melt must be a dark and harrowing place to be....

Back
Top Bottom