Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Attendance was 54,000 apparently.
8Fu3eM1.jpg

Plenty of empty seats in the stand behind the dugouts.
Someone's cooking the books.
:pochfacepalm:

8Fu3eM1.jpg

Wait, isn't that the track I can see in that picture?
But, but, but, Brady said you would not be able to see the running track...
Lq01A.gif

Anyway, the pic makes it look shiny and new and that is what most people will see at first. But look at the gap between pitch and stand on the left. Does anyone actually know how big that gap is at its widest point at the half way line? It's got to be over 30 yards doesn't it?

Last edited:
8Fu3eM1.jpg

Some seats were not ready to use. You can see most of the top tier was empty. A lot of the middle tier at both ends too( you can see if you look closely at the picture) those were the cheapest seats with the worst views. So if what they had unavailable for use, all those in the west stand empty, basically the entire top tier of half the ground -taking into account that's what you can just see in this pic) and all the empty seats scattered about I noticed in the lower tiers too, I would suspect that there were far less than just 6k empty seats.
There were probably 45k there. As Bilic stated there would be in his pre match interview.
You'd expect that too as it was dirt cheap to get in, their first game and this tie of the two wasn't on TV - which is suspect as the other team sold the rights to their home leg.
I suspect that they didn't want it to be on TV despite whatever £ they could get. If the bottom tiers were not near enough occupied it would be very noticeable on TV - which the upper/middles empty tiers were not - and would have a bit of an embarrassment for them after all the hype.
We will see when the ties are on TV.

Last edited:
Anyway, the pic makes it look shiny and new and that is what most people will see at first. But look at the gap between pitch and stand on the left. Does anyone actually know how big that gap is at its widest point at the half way line? It's got to be over 30 yards doesn't it?
Quite possibly.

This is a very rough estimate using the photo - but even assuming the linesman is only, say, 5 ft 9...

West_Ham_gap.jpg

Then it's at least a 20 metre gap.

Supporters being near the pitch in stadiums is one of the English games fundamentals. Lose that, lose the plot. Stadiums are getting bigger, supporters further away. Slowing we are moving away from this ideal.
This is just ridiculous, the Linesman must love it though.

Quite possibly.

This is a very rough estimate using the photo - but even assuming the linesman is only, say, 5 ft 9...

West_Ham_gap.jpg

Then it's at least a 20 metre gap.

Bingo fan in the office says there was a lot of aggro afterwards with pikeys getting sent the long way around Westfield back to the tube. Took him over 40 mins. People rushing John Lewis to try and find some booze. So glad we arn't in that shit hole.

Right we've seen it now and proven it's shit. Maybe time to stop the obsession with it on this forum and look forward to our own great stadium

I'm not letting them off that easily. The season hasn't started yet - once it has I will have something else to do. But even then I am going to enjoy taking the piss long-term, basically for the next 99 years as it's a funny that keeps giving. I makes our amazing stadium even more appreciated seeing the stark difference to what they have.

Another mate,who would never admit they have been sold(or rented in this case) a pup said "Its not Upton Park, you have to walk 3 miles to get anywhere(food, toilets)....

He also said it was pleasant outside and the facilities were great but ridiculously expensive *

* I think even us on here knew these two to be the case.

Lets see how they like it on a cold December Saturday :)

Seems it's finally dawned on them

Before the game is how I still feel now, it just doesn't feel like home to me. Over time and as the season goes on it might.

It’s a fantastic arena and that's where i see the problem will be. It’s not a football stadium. If you were going to build a 60k football stadium you wouldn’t build it like that for sure. We have gone into that stadium as it makes financial sense, not because it’s a great football stadium. That's football now.

Was impressed with the infrastructure and once I got into my seat for the first time (third row upper tier 232) I thought I had a great view.

Then the players came out , and I realised how small they looked compared to my 'comparable' seat of 40 years @ the Boleyn. I was 2nd row East Upper @ the Boleyn and now I'd say I'm almost three times as far away from the action. Feels like what it is, a stadium rather than a football ground.

Overall not especially enamoured with the whole experience, hoping it will grow on me

The way I see it is, yes its a great looking stadium, in a good park, and all the rest of it, it's very much like Wembley. But as a football stadium it just doesn't really work. For a one off it will be great I'm sure, but for your everyday league game it won't be. As the board seem to want us to be just like Woolwich, if we compare to the Emirates it is nowhere near as good because it's not a purpose built football stadium.

Sound holds well when everyone is going for it, but doesn't spread great when there's little pockets of singing due to the disjointed nature of the place.

Again the concourses and actual feel of the stadium was very makeshift in my mind, doesn't compare with some of the truly world class stadiums I've been to in that respect.

According to my lot who went last night the computer images we saw last august were about as accurate as Enron's account. Not Happy bunnies.

And that's just the two pages I read :dierno:

Knees Up Mother Brown - West Ham United FC Online: Forum • View topic - Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

"Several young Muslim men got their prayer mats out and were praying under the concourse of the West Stand at half time.

I do not suppose there is anything wrong with it, just doesn't belong in a football stadium in my opinion and could see some confrontation in the future.

Would assume it also means the club have been giving out free tickets as they did not seem particularly 'West Ham'."

Back
Top Bottom