Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cant stand Klinsmann..

Yeah great striker, but could not wait to leave after one season and then gave it all the 'best club, close to my heart' rubbish to the media after he left. He loved his return more than the fans, fully fed his messiah complex.

A fraud and sugar was to kind using Klinsmanns shirt to was his car!
Thank goodness, someone else who feels like I do. :thumbup:

Who are these players who you think were not trying?
Wasn’t about not trying more about being in it for yourself only, the club and team an afterthought. We can see the difference now with a manager who emphasises team ethic and players respecting the effort of the collective. That selfish aspect seems to have evaporated along with some notable characters

I can’t stand the concept of “we’ve got our Tottenham back”.

It’s not your Tottenham. You are never getting anything back. It’s a multi million pound franchise owned by billlionaires and fans are customers of the product. Going to a game is the equivalent of buying a burger in McDonalds.

Big football clubs ceased being worried about the fans a very long time ago.

He came off a poor, injury-ridden season at Monaco, rehabilitated his image and fucked off first chance he got.
Whenever I point this out, I get a boatload of kisses because ‘he was a star and we don’t sign them under baldy.’
Maybe my POV is not as unpopular as I thought!
When he first arrived, we were so excited by his arrival and it was a huge deal. My ex was crazy about him and he bought a massive Klinsmann garden gnome, 2ft high. When he left, I couldn't lift it, so pushed him into the bushes. 🤭

Christ that Kyle walker is a cunt. Love watching his electric pace, get the ball and pass it backwards or sideways. Utter cunt.

Oh and I really enjoy his way with the ladies 😂

I couldn’t give a monkeys about the Tottenham’s women team.
I couldn’t name one player.

If they won their league I doubt it would give me any type of “buzz” at all like I get from being a supporter of the men’s team.

Saying this I just saw the woolwich women’s team got knocked out of something or other.

My immediate reaction…….

ha-ha-the-simpsons.gif

Old habits die hard.

Gross was a good manager, ruined by a bullshit media... which is still as shit as they come today.

Spurs were a right proper mess when he arrived, and he stopped us from going down. They were are right proper mess after he left.

I just remember from back then, how unfairly treated back then he was.

British journalists are just absolute cunts and nearly all of them should be barred from the profession.

I’ve just looked at our squad list from 1997-98 and the Sheer lack of quality is damning.

If they won their league I doubt it would give me any type of “buzz” at all like I get from being a supporter of the men’s team.
It's a perfectly fair statement, but if anyone of any prominence, say Ozzie Ardiles, or Hoddle said it, they'd get in so much trouble.

I can’t stand the concept of “we’ve got our Tottenham back”.

It’s not your Tottenham. You are never getting anything back. It’s a multi million pound franchise owned by billlionaires and fans are customers of the product.
Going to a game is the equivalent of buying a burger in McDonalds.

Big football clubs ceased being worried about the fans a very long time ago.
I've never celebrated a Big Mac like I celebrated the CL semi Final in Ajax....

No comparison!!

Then again, there was that cracking Filet'o'Fish I had there once.... made my fucking week that did!!!

Talking of which - unrelated to Spurs - but possibly an unpopular opinion and you just reminded me of it...

The 1970s TV series "Monkey" was proper overrated shit wasn't it?
Monkey-FM001.png

Yet everyone seemed to love it 'cos it had a bit of fucking Martial Arts fighting in it!

...anyone who says/thinks they liked it either has false memory, or is lying like a 'hipster'!

Last edited:
Talking of which - unrelated to Spurs - but possibly an unpopular opinion and you just reminded me of it...

The 1970s TV series "Monkey" was proper overrated shit wasn't it?
Monkey-FM001.png

Yet everyone seemed to love it 'cos it had a bit of fucking Martial Arts fighting in it!

...anyone who says/thinks they liked it either has false memory, or is lying like a 'hipster'!

I think I liked it.

But I also thought I saw Michael Jackson and Tupac down the shops the other week so I’m probably not the best person to rely on.

The "Everywhere we go" chant (Tottenham Boys makin' all the noise).....Is / was small time, cringy and belongs somewhere like league one or league two.
Rarely heard now though, thankfully

Back
Top Bottom