Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how unpopular an opinion this is but I don't like any of the Nike jerseys. I own 2 and they are shoddy. The best made shirt I owned was this one. Under Armor was good too
tottenham-97-home-mw-freund-close.jpg

The blue version of this was much nicer. That was the only nice Pony home shirt.

Honorable mention for this one too because I was the only kid in a school in southern spain who even knew who spurs were. I wore it proudly

b4367ed465f51554280a49cbb3494374.png
Off the back of the 94/95 Umbro shirt, this was horrific. I remember being gutted that, not only had our shirt gone down the pan, but we'd have Chris Armstrong in it rather than Jurgen Klinsmann.

I don't know how unpopular an opinion this is but I don't like any of the Nike jerseys. I own 2 and they are shoddy. The best made shirt I owned was this one. Under Armor was good too
tottenham-97-home-mw-freund-close.jpg
I have a good story about the change of badge that year, but I've told it before on here, so won't bore anyone again with it....

.... oh alright then, if you MUST know:

Basically, I wrote to Pony in early 1997 and suggested a more traditional 'Shield/Crest' design for our next kits...
(To my absolute shame, I was partly influenced by the Gooner Crest/Shield kit the season before!!!!)

...but lo & behold, 6 months later, THIS came out!!

I indirectly helped design THAT badge...
You're welcome!

Shame the kit itself was made of old brillo pads!!

Back
Top Bottom