Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
Is it me or is this whole thing just an obsession with the Liverpool fairytale of winning the title. The world can end but as long as they pick up the trophy, surely times like these we can move on and look at the bigger more important picture.

Get all the footballers playing in June spreading the virus behind closed doors. We ain’t get back safely till July/August at the earliest and we ain’t risking players health finishing the season to start another. They just need to come to terms with it.
Liverpool issue mental health advice to players over title uncertainty Liverpool issue mental health advice to players over title uncertainty

:mourfacepalm:

One of the reasons I’m glad not be back at the Lane at least I don’t sit close to this tosser anymore he always had the hump with Lennon, Ekotto, Huddlestone, Rose

Seems to me that one of the biggest reasons is making sure Liverpool win the league considering the powers that be can't stop going on about it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s stopped after they win it and there is some thing that happens for the PL to not bother completing the season

In the UK it is estimated that an average of 600 people a year die from complications of flu. In some years it is estimated that this can rise to over 10,000 deaths (see for example this UK study from 2013 , which estimated over 13,000 deaths resulting from flu in 2008-09).

So far Coronavirus has claimed under-40 lives in the UK.

DUUGJ1IWAAAfdSX.jpg

If the COBRA meeting later decides that football matches must be played behind closed doors, will clubs refund people who have tickets to games?
Fucking levy wont..he'd say he'll give you a discount on next years s.ts but put the price up of next years s.ts to cover the discount on this seasons lost revenues the fucking bald vulture

Feels like the kind of thing that would happen to us. Running away with the league, only for the plague to cancel the season.

I’d Keegan love it if it happened to Liverpool.

They delayed the City-Woolwich match.

It's disgusting the FA would rather see Britons die than cancel the season over the protest of Dippers. Shocking.

How's it fair that we have to play Woolwich and United at home behind closed doors when we've already played them away in front of full stadiums?

They're not doing the right thing here at all. Just put everything, the League, CL, Euros, Olympics back a month or even two. Playing the games in empty stadiums is shitty product that will quickly be a turn off for viewers anyway.

The EPL and the FA are utter feckwits - 100% guaranteed a footballer will contact COVID - having billions of pounds worth of talent running around in close proximity breathing heavily? yeah that works ...

Insurance companies will be upping premiums by millions it's feckin' madness ... as soon as just one player is conformed infected the whole 'behind closed doors' bollocks will be abandoned. It's all about protecting the TV income stupid greedy feckwits ... players should simply refuse to play ...

Why do we have such idiots in charge?

Talking with a shareholder in a League 1 club, he put this into perspective for the smaller clubs, he reckons just two or three home games without ticket income will push them over the edge financially, they are so hand to mouth they rely on gate receipts to pay wages especially towards the end of the season.

If the FA (or government) don't step in there will be dozens of clubs facing bankruptcy ... even if they wanted to refund season ticket holders they simply don't have the money, his board are in full meltdown.

If a contrarian is one who goes against popular opinion; based on what I know of popular opinion on most issues, I’ve no quarrel with being labelled one.

As I said in an earlier post: we have been blatantly lied to by our politicians, and, the media regarding the events of 911 2001 - provably lied to!

Clearly, and,blatantly the chiefest of the conniving lying conspirators are the collective corporate media; those that should be honestly informing us; lies we expect from politicians, but when the lies come from the “ collective” media, that media can never be trusted again!

It’s not paranoia- it’s a total lack of trust!
Fucking hell, not the 9/11 horse shit again. Go crawl under a fucking rock.

I think that Coronavirus is just a fucking glorified flu.
That attitude is fine until it's your mum or granddad that dies. I wouldn't take a 10/1 shot on my mum dying for no reason. I don't even get anything back for my stake if she lives.

It's true that the average level of panic right now is disproportionate to the amount of real risk, and that's not being helped by the completely disproportionate amount of news coverage, which drives behaviours like panic buying in a vicious feedback loop. Nonetheless, the phenomenology and basal reproductive rate of SARS-CoV-2 warrant a sensible level of concern that unfortunately includes banning large public events.

Urbanisation is just a thing that's already happened - people are already living on top of each other - and it creates a lot of almost unavoidable transmission. That leaves large public gatherings as the single biggest avoidable source of droplet-communicable disease in the Western world.

Last edited:
100% agree, we haven't seemed to have learnt from other countries that this virus spreads incredibly fast, when you act its too late. They seem to be using a protocol for a virus that isn't like this one.
Tea and a stiff upper lip is not a plan for a pandemic. But that seems to be what Boris thinks at the moment. Also, I get you are a fucking island, which probably helped delay it a few days, but it's not fucking 1500 anymore. It's not like the Coronavirus is waiting for France to build ships and invade.

PS: I am not directing this anger to anyone here, I'm just incredulous reading some of the comments from leaders. Clearly the US is in no position to throw stones in that regard, but fortunately we have state and local leaders filling in the gaps right now.

Back
Top Bottom