Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another season with no medals at the end of it, and he is struggling for goals which makes it harder to catch Shearer's PL record,that's why he is looking all depressed.

You're the kind of person who analyses 5 second clips and make an abolute statement about a players body language aren't you :D

That head bowing with the GOAT was kinda weird.
Kane wearing gloves too, you know what that means.....

Tony Soprano Nothing GIF

And there are some in here who don't think he will improve our build-up down the right!!!!!

He's on the edge most of the time, it will cost us some of the time (it already has) but wouldn't change him as it's a net gain across many games.

He's so dominant, so aggressive, looks to play first time, plays vertically and will enable RB/RWB to push on, then link well when he himself takes the ball out of defence or makes under/overlapping runs (as per Davies has been on the opposite flank) which creates space and gives more rotational options up top. More than anything though he's a Conte type player and his use of resetting play from CB's is key to also pushing Winks/PEH/Skip a few yards higher (they might become receivers from CB's more than ballplayers from a CB or deep position for instance????).

Can't wait to have him back.

Last edited:
And there are some in here who don't think he will improve our build-up down the right!!!!!

He's on the edge most of the time, it will cost us some of the time (it already has) but wouldn't change him as it's a net gain across many games.

He's so dominant, so aggressive, looks to play first time, players vertically and will enable RB/RWB to push on, then link well when he himself takes the ball out of defence or makes under/overlapping runs (as per Davies has been on the opposite flank) which creates space and gives more rational options up top. More than anything though he's a Conte type player and his use of resetting play from CB's is key to also pushing Winks/PEH/Skip a few yards higher (they might become receivers from CB's more than ballplayers from a CB or deep position instance????).

Think he'll be a great player for us but I'd disagree a little bit and say that he does need to change his aggressiveness a bit. You can't be getting sent off for double yellow cards multiple times over the course of a season, and it's important to know what areas of the field are okay to give away fouls. Also has plenty to learn regarding his positioning if playing in a two, and in playing that RCB role. The free role he had in Italy was very liberating and didn't require a great deal of positional discipline. I do like him though, I think Conte will make a really great player of him if he can stay fit.

Think he'll be a great player for us but I'd disagree a little bit and say that he does need to change his aggressiveness a bit. You can't be getting sent off for double yellow cards multiple times over the course of a season, and it's important to know what areas of the field are okay to give away fouls. Also has plenty to learn regarding his positioning if playing in a two, and in playing that RCB role. The free role he had in Italy was very liberating and didn't require a great deal of positional discipline. I do like him though, I think Conte will make a really great player of him if he can stay fit.
That's his game mate, you have to accept it for what it is, the Villa goal that the bias anti-Dier lot tried to pin on him for their goal rather than Romero is the risk of playing him personified. The same can be said of Ramos at RM, would they not have him at the club because he gets sent off? Or do you accept that his style, aggression etc is going to get him sent off (lots!!) but the upside is what his brings to the team. You'd pick him as a starter every game knowing that he could get sent off because what he brings to the team every week when he doesn't.

Yes, I think he will improve his decision making (when to challenge and when to stand up) as he matures, he's still incredibly young (especially for a CB who don't usually peak until approx 26yrs on ave). Unfortunately fans nowadays simply don't seem to accept their players getting sent off anymore, I really don't get this, I don't get all the screaming that surrounds it. There are some players where this is what makes their game great, that what they bring to the team (energy, aggression, speed, first time passes, interceptions etc etc etc) sets the tone of how a team play, it's infectious and gets teams and fans going.

They are other players that are rightly labelled as liabilities, like Xhaka, because they bring nothing to the team and still get sent off, there's no trade-off, no upside, just liability.

He's going to get sent off, he's going to get pinned and rolled by CF's. He's going to miss an interception that would have been better to leave it etc but I'm at peace with it, I want his passing, aggression, speed, interceptions, first time passes in this team because I think we are far, far better as a net result. I think we can counterattack better and more frequently as a result. I think we are more balanced in possession as a result of being able to build attacks down the right as we have been down the left (with Davies - he's better than Davies). The tackle that Dier put in on Ramos when playing for England gets fans out of their seats, with Romero we got one of those every week, the odd one might result in a red, I can accept this.

Just before he got injured Dier was starting to cover him more, he was dropping off 5yrd more so so beginning to anticipate him losing out on a duel and then possibly having the oppo counter attack off the back. It might take a few weeks for them to build back up the an understanding again and probably not until next season to function with any amount of assurance but it will come.

He's so dominant, so aggressive, looks to play first time, plays vertically and will enable RB/RWB to push on, then link well when he himself takes the ball out of defence or makes under/overlapping runs (as per Davies has been on the opposite flank) which creates space and gives more rotational options up top. More than anything though he's a Conte type player and his use of resetting play from CB's is key to also pushing Winks/PEH/Skip a few yards higher (they might become receivers from CB's more than ballplayers from a CB or deep position for instance????).

I've seen enough of him to know he's going to be an important player for us.

Back
Top Bottom