Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

really-really worrying I would say.
For 24 yo player only to play equivalent of 28 full games per season is massive red flag.

His quality is visible and with 2nd half of the season he proved his value, but I have to say - I am worried with those injury issues.

Would not be the first South American player to have those problems for us...

Especially for a CB.. it’s a position you really want consistency in to grow partnerships. Hopefully he recovers quickly and this is just bad luck.

That's two big injuries this season. Bit worrying tbh.
It is three injuries now but a large part of that is the fact he had no preseason because of being injured in the copa america semi and then playing the final. The problem is footballers are playing too many games at the moment and the intensity in those games is only going up. Romero will be back next season with a full preseason.

The real problem for Spurs is that some corrupt arseholes arranged a world cup in Qatar in November when most players have just played a year and a half with no breaks.

Footballers need to play less games not more. The Nations League needs to be axed and Internationals reduced. Club football also needs to be cut back. It is time we recognise the athleticism in football is at an all time high and players will only struggle more if we continue to run them into the ground.

That's two big injuries this season. Bit worrying tbh.
Tbf, unless I have missed something, there's not actually any confirmation that this is a big injury is there? Is it just the phrase out for the season that is causing this worry? Because the rest of the season is literally the next 9 days, maybe he will be fine in 2 weeks?

Yeah right, Dr. Shipman is hacking his leg off with a rusty blade as we speak...

“He received a hit on his hip at the end of the game against Liverpool”.

I don't sense it's bad....... Just fuck all recovery time left for the season.

Does say serious injury in the tweet from the journalist, but maybe overstated? Either way at least it’s at the end of the season.

Does say serious injury in the tweet from the journalist, but maybe overstated? Either way at least it’s at the end of the season.

I just quoted Papa T....... Pinch of salt for the rest.

History:

W8i3Ja.png

really-really worrying I would say.
For 24 yo player only to play equivalent of 28 full games per season is massive red flag.

His quality is visible and with 2nd half of the season he proved his value, but I have to say - I am worried with those injury issues.

Would not be the first South American player to have those problems for us...
hes going to get injured more than your average CB due to his aggression. wouldn't change him though.

agree some players play too many games at all clubs but some players only play a few games
the PFA (who should be here to look after players) should push for a rule " that every player in the first team squad (over 23 yrs of age) must play minimum of 6 EPL gamesa season" that way players get a rest and a manager is forced to use the squad,
what is the point of paying squad players who play a few games a season ?

It is three injuries now but a large part of that is the fact he had no preseason because of being injured in the copa america semi and then playing the final. The problem is footballers are playing too many games at the moment and the intensity in those games is only going up. Romero will be back next season with a full preseason.

The real problem for Spurs is that some corrupt arseholes arranged a world cup in Qatar in November when most players have just played a year and a half with no breaks.

Footballers need to play less games not more. The Nations League needs to be axed and Internationals reduced. Club football also needs to be cut back. It is time we recognise the athleticism in football is at an all time high and players will only struggle more if we continue to run them into the ground.
The Nations League was sold at reducing the international fixtures but it seems to have actually made it worse.

Carra picked him for best new player of the league season on MNF, compared him to Ricardo Carvalho and basically repeated what everyone has said that Spurs have a real gem of a defender on their hands.

Great quote

Bunch of entitled cunts always insist on "I need CL before I'll transfer there", Romero is up for the challenge to grow with the club, and help us get CL.

I have no doubt he will keep growing as we grow, hopefully to winning a trophy or two.

This past summer, Tottenham Hotspur made a significant investment when they bought Cristian Romero for €50 million-plus and a further €5 million in add-ons from Atalanta to be an anchor on their backline.

Romero has settled into Premier League and under manager Antonio Conte. Furthermore, he added that the decision to come to Spurs was the right one in his eyes.

“I have to say I’m pleased with the decision to come to Tottenham. It’s a wonderful city here in London and a wonderful club,” Romero said in an interview printed in the club’s matchday program for Sunday’s win against Burnley, per Football.London.

“A club with a growing mentality that’s actually helping me to grow on a personal level. I can say the same about the league, which is the best in the world.”

Romero also spoke about how the Tottenham supporters have helped him feel welcome and played a role in him adapting to the club and his new situation in north London.

“I’m very happy to be here. The way the club is treating me – the staff, the fans – is brilliant and for me, that means I’m doing my job well. I hope things continue in this way and we can finish the season positively,” Romero added.

Spurs will hope that Romero can avoid the injury bug next season, allowing him to hit the ground running, especially if they clinch UEFA Champions League football next season by finishing in the top four.

Tottenham will lean heavily in these matches and hope that Romero will be up to the task of going up against some of the better clubs in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom