Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am enjoying his moments very much indeed. There's a huge difference between discussing the sale of a player o and wanting him to be sold. And we've discussed the sale of almost every single present Spurs player on this forum, including Lloris, Kane and Son.
And, very soon there will be "news" about big clubs like Real M., PSG, etc. wanting Romero....
So, just make this clear: I do NOT want Romero to be sold even for a record fee!
LLoris, Kane and Son have been here for years and are our players, we haven't even brought Romero yet and we're discussing the sale of him - make it make sense please.

fLBNdKZ.jpg

WAP105.jpeg

Come to daddy:

hqdefault.jpg

LLoris, Kane and Son have been here for years and are our players, we haven't even brought Romero yet and we're discussing the sale of him - make it make sense please.
The sale of Lloris, Son and Kane have all been discussed in this forum. And both Son & Kane themselves at one stage wanted to be sold :cool:
I know that Romero technically still belongs to Atalanta ... but in practice, he belongs to Spurs. There is no way Spurs aren't going to trigger the buy-out clausal.
And the discussion was simply about that "big" clubs will soon be after him and that Spurs should keep him; so technically it was not about selling but about keeping him.

Last edited:
The sale of Lloris, Son and Kane have all been discussed in this forum. And both Son & Kane themselves at one stage wanted to be sold :cool:
I know that Romero technically still belongs to Atalanta ... but in practice, he belongs to Spurs. There is no way Spurs aren't going to trigger the buy-out clausal.
And the discussion was simply about that "big" clubs will soon be after him and that Spurs should keep him; so technically it was not about selling but about keeping him.

Okay, fantastic 👍

The guy is a freaking lunatic and I love it.

Also has got the potential to become one of the best centre-backs in world football, insane that he only just turned 24.

Last edited:
Lets not bury our head in the sand here - a player this good will soon attract the attention of the top boys. Plus he's Latin so Madrid or Barca will be the dream (probs Barca with the Messi links).

I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say he'll probably beat the Van Dijk transfer record for a CB in a couple of years so lets enjoy him while we can!

I never recall Son wanting to be sold but knowing Levy, he won't be selling our top players anytime soon.

If we don't win anything in the next 4-5 years however, Romero will probably leave.

I never recall Son wanting to be sold but knowing Levy, he won't be selling our top players anytime soon.

If we don't win anything in the next 4-5 years however, Romero will probably leave.
Son was always just a bit too inconsistent to really command a top fee from a top club for his services.

He still has that inconsistency across a season to his game now but his numbers have vastly improved in the last few seasons.

He's now a legit top Premier League attacker but too old now for anyone to pay that 70/80m fee Levy would demand.

Son was always just a bit too inconsistent to really command a top fee from a top club for his services.

He still has that inconsistency across a season to his game now but his numbers have vastly improved in the last few seasons.

He's now a legit top Premier League attacker but too old now for anyone to pay that 70/80m fee Levy would demand.
I think Son's numbers have increased in part due to improvement and in part because he is the focal point of the attack.

Kane and kulsevski exist to serve him chances.

If we get Eriksen back, and wing backs that can actually do something, and CMs who can score, we'll go back to seeing Kane as the top scorer and son dropping back to about 12 to 15 PL goals a season.

If Ndombele can command a top fee (60m). I think Son can too. Even when he was inconsistent he was better than most wingers in the world.

I still can't believe Grealish was sold for 100m. The transfer market right now is bonkers.

Lets not bury our head in the sand here - a player this good will soon attract the attention of the top boys. Plus he's Latin so Madrid or Barca will be the dream (probs Barca with the Messi links).

I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say he'll probably beat the Van Dijk transfer record for a CB in a couple of years so lets enjoy him while we can!

He's under contract til 2026.... He's going nowehere for a while yet.

Son is almost indispensable for Tottenham now, and his importance is represented by the face that he is now their third-highest earner on £140,000-a-week (Spotrac), and he has reflected on that urge to leave the club more than three years ago.

Son has admitted that he struggled to adapt from German football to the Premier League, and when he became frustrated with his role, he wanted to go back to the familiarity of the Bundesliga.

However, he noted that Pochettino wanted him to stay, and the talks over his future went so well that he decided to stay, and knew that Pochettino was the right coach for him in his difficult situaton.

“The Premier League is different. I do not want to compare this with the Bundesliga, because the Bundesliga has great quality. But in the Premier League everything goes faster and is much more physical,” said Son. “At the beginning I played from time to time and also scored some goals. Unfortunately I injured myself and it was difficult to find a connection again.”

“I did not get any more playing time and wanted to go back to Germany because I felt very comfortable there. But the coach has always encouraged me. He was the right coach for me in this situation.  I said I’d like to leave the club, but he really wanted me to get stay at Tottenham. He gave me new self-confidence. The talks went so well that I pushed my thoughts of change aside,” he added.

Son is almost indispensable for Tottenham now, and his importance is represented by the face that he is now their third-highest earner on £140,000-a-week (Spotrac), and he has reflected on that urge to leave the club more than three years ago.

Son has admitted that he struggled to adapt from German football to the Premier League, and when he became frustrated with his role, he wanted to go back to the familiarity of the Bundesliga.

However, he noted that Pochettino wanted him to stay, and the talks over his future went so well that he decided to stay, and knew that Pochettino was the right coach for him in his difficult situaton.

“The Premier League is different. I do not want to compare this with the Bundesliga, because the Bundesliga has great quality. But in the Premier League everything goes faster and is much more physical,” said Son. “At the beginning I played from time to time and also scored some goals. Unfortunately I injured myself and it was difficult to find a connection again.”

“I did not get any more playing time and wanted to go back to Germany because I felt very comfortable there. But the coach has always encouraged me. He was the right coach for me in this situation.  I said I’d like to leave the club, but he really wanted me to get stay at Tottenham. He gave me new self-confidence. The talks went so well that I pushed my thoughts of change aside,” he added.
Ah yes, the first year.

Back
Top Bottom