Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FRv8q1sXEAAE3Au

Nonsense. Do you realise how hard it is to find and keep a top quality player like this? We could end up spending 200m on defenders to try to replace him and come up short.

If you find a player good enough to play for Real Madrid, you try to hold on to him if you have any ambition.
No one will disagree with you as no sane Spurs fan want Romero sold for "any" amount. But the reality is that if he keeps on playing like he's now (and he'll get even better) he'll soon be regarded as one of the top CBs in the world...and Real M. happens to be looking for a new CB soon, unless Éder Militão steps up. And if Real M wants a player they generally get him - look at Modric & Bale, Kroos & Alaba, and Cristiano Ronaldo. And most Latina-American players dream of playing for either Real M or Barca...
But that doesn't mean I want him sold. Even though Spurs got a decent fee for Kyle Walker they've spent much more than that amount on new RBs and never to find a "quality" replacement, so there is no guarantee that a free from a Romero sale will bring Spurs a quality replacement.
However, soon stories will be circulating about "bigger" clubs are circling in ...

Last edited:
Why are people talking about selling him already, fucking hell our fans are in the gutter...you can never just live in the moment and enjoys nice things for once can you.
I am enjoying his moments very much indeed. There's a huge difference between discussing the sale of a player o and wanting him to be sold. And we've discussed the sale of almost every single present Spurs player on this forum, including Lloris, Kane and Son.
And, very soon there will be "news" about big clubs like Real M., PSG, etc. wanting Romero....
So, just make this clear: I do NOT want Romero to be sold even for a record fee!

No one will disagree with you as no sane Spurs fan want Romero sold for "any" amount. But the reality is that if he keeps on playing like he's now (and he'll get even better) he'll soon be regarded as one of the top CB in the world...and Real M. happens to be looking for a new CB soon. If Real M wants a player they generally get him - look at Modric & Bale, Kroos & Alaba, and Cristiano Ronaldo. And most Latina-American players dream of playing for either Real M or Barca...
But that doesn't mean I want him sold. However, soon stories will be circulating about "bigger" clubs are circling in ...

Yes. I knew my post would get a lot of disagrees, because no one wants to imagine him going anywhere. Of course the best option is to keep him long-term. But if his playing is such that Madrid make him their number one target, and they are willing to lay out an eye-popping number to get him, this is not the end of the world.

If someone had come in for Dele when his worth was nine figures, we would've all been sad, but we've obviously seen a much worse outcome.

It’s guys like him we‘ve been after for a number of seasons 100% committed no fucking about and not just muscle he can play, Dembele a while back could stand up for himself but a dominating centre half agile and cool Levy should do the same with him as Kane in future keep a hold of him

Speaking on the Gold & Guest Talk Tottenham podcast, Gold revealed Romero’s attempts to become a strong presence at the club. He said: “He [Son] said that Romero’s made a real kind of determined effort to try and speak to everyone at the club all the time, despite the fact his English is not great.

“And he said that’s just been such a big part of how popular and how quickly he’s become [popular] into the squad, that even though his language skills are not the greatest, he’s really made this concerted effort not to just sit on the sidelines, and to be a big presence in the dressing room. And I think you see that – you see him becoming this dominating presence in the backline.”

Back
Top Bottom