Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:ange-hmm:
8-BDE3592-F0-E3-4-B26-956-C-D69599263-EE4.jpg
So you're happy to build a team around a player who will inexplicably get himself sent off twice a season getting suspended in the process and also miss a chunk of games through suspension?

If he can sort that out, great. If he can't, then he can be replaced.

So you're happy to build a team around a player who will inexplicably get himself sent off twice a season getting suspended in the process and also miss a chunk of games through suspension?

LOL twice a season.

He has seen four reds, but only one straight red. Listen to yourself wanting him gone.

Son has received four reds too, let's fuck him off too, eh? Bissouma has actually been sent off twice this season, should he fuck off?

LOL twice a season.

He has seen four reds, but only one straight red. Listen to yourself wanting him gone.

Son has received four reds too, let's fuck him off too, eh? Bissouma has actually been sent off twice this season, should he fuck off?
4 Reds in 2.5 seasons isn't far off 2 a season.
He has 15 games to keep up the average.

Think a few of you have a bit of a man crush on this guy, and it's clouding your judgement.

Good player? Yes.
Irreplaceable? No.

He's missed 4 games through red card suspensions in two and a half seasons of Premier League football.

Thats less than Bissouma has missed through suspensions for red cards in the league in their Spurs career and just 1 game more than Emerson Royal has missed over the same period.

4 Reds in 2.5 seasons isn't far off 2 a season.
He has 15 games to keep up the average.

Think a few of you have a bit of a man crush on this guy, and it's clouding your judgement.

Good player? Yes.
Irreplaceable? No.

Way to answer the other bit.

One of his reds was because Grealish dived. The other three, no question. But let's not pretend that he's a massive liability in the team. He's rash at times, but he's not a walking red card every match like you seem to think. It's like you believe Carragher and Neville and can't think for yourself.

One of his reds was because Grealish dived. The other three, no question. But let's not pretend that he's a massive liability in the team. He's rash at times, but he's not a walking red card every match like you seem to think. It's like you believe Carragher and Neville and can't think for yourself.
He’s certainly not a liability. When he’s not there we are worse. He’s a leader and a fucking excellent player too. His ability and calmness on the ball is pivotal to how we play.

I think Dragusin will blow everyone out of the water for red cards received!

If his no nonsense playing style at Genoa was anything to go by, he'll be a marked man as soon as other teams cotton on to it!

There's always a come back, how many times has he got lucky and not got a red in that time?

Stop embarrassing yourself ffs.

We'll see you removed from this forum before we replace Romero.

There's always a come back, how many times has he got lucky and not got a red in that time?
How many times could we have won the league? How many times have we had decisions go against us? How many times did your dad pull out, but the time he didn't is when you were conceived?

We don't deal in possibilities, only facts.

You still didn't address the other points.

I think Dragusin will blow everyone out of the water for red cards received!

If his no nonsense playing style at Genoa was anything to go by, he'll be a marked man as soon as other teams cotton on to it!
I must admit, I really didn’t know what to make of the gum chewing tough guy act he put on last weekend when he came on.

I thought he contributed to how we lost control of the game in the last 10 mins, and he could easily have given away a penalty too.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on as he gets more minutes under his belt, but he would want to tone down the aggression somewhat I feel.

I must admit, I really didn’t know what to make of the gum chewing tough guy act he put on last weekend when he came on.

I thought he contributed to how we lost control of the game in the last 10 mins, and he could easily have given away a penalty too.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on as he gets more minutes under his belt, but he would want to tone down the aggression somewhat I feel.
🙈
He’s an aggressive defender and that’s the reason we bought him. Ok let’s buy a player who’s an aggressive front foot defender and when he arrives tell him to stop playing to his strengths! Seriously??
And it was his fault we drew for chewing Hubba Bubba

How many times could we have won the league? How many times have we had decisions go against us? How many times did your dad pull out, but the time he didn't is when you were conceived?

We don't deal in possibilities, only facts.

You still didn't address the other points.
I don't listen to pundits. I don't watch TV coverage before, after or at HT. I can't stand commentators.
I'm just not bias enough to think Romero hasn't been a lucky, lucky boy on more than a few occasions.
If opposition players got up to the shit he does, you'd be frothing at the mouth with rage.

Like this for example

And there have been other moments where he's been lucky. The Newcastle one was probably 60/40 towards a red. Again, had it been reversed, most of us would probably be annoyed the opposition player wasn't given a red.

I can excuse the 2nd yellow against City as it almost certainly prevented a goal scoring chance late on and helped us out.
The 2nd yellow against AC Milan on the other hand was fucking pathetic. WTF was he thinking? That was almost the sign of a man who just wanted off the pitch.

He's 26 and a vice captain. Who else acts that way? Bissouma? I can't think of anyone else in our team that is so frequently reckless.

And this season, I'm not even convinced he's our best CB, let alone so good he couldn't be replaced.

I don't listen to pundits. I don't watch TV coverage before, after or at HT. I can't stand commentators.
I'm just not bias enough to think Romero hasn't been a lucky, lucky boy on more than a few occasions.
If opposition players got up to the shit he does, you'd be frothing at the mouth with rage.

Like this for example

And there have been other moments where he's been lucky. The Newcastle one was probably 60/40 towards a red. Again, had it been reversed, most of us would probably be annoyed the opposition player wasn't given a red.

I can excuse the 2nd yellow against City as it almost certainly prevented a goal scoring chance late on and helped us out.
The 2nd yellow against AC Milan on the other hand was fucking pathetic. WTF was he thinking? That was almost the sign of a man who just wanted off the pitch.

He's 26 and a vice captain. Who else acts that way? Bissouma? I can't think of anyone else in our team that is so frequently reckless.

And this season, I'm not even convinced he's our best CB, let alone so good he couldn't be replaced.

"I don't listen to pundits. I don't watch TV coverage before, after or at HT. I can't stand commentators."

......Proceeds to post Sky sports article. 🤪 🤪 🤪

Like this for example

This is a fair post.

People don't have to get so emotional/defensive when talking about some of our players. Nobody is saying he's a bad defender...its just some don't think he's vital.

I've been saying for a long time that I didn't think Kane was vital despite the goals and assists PROVIDING we signed "a Maddison type player that can contribute with the assists" and a "Richarlison type player that will bag 15 or so goals" and was met with laughter and ridicule (this is before either were even linked). Despite his goals and assist I maintain our team suffered due to the way he played.

our team doesn't suffer with how Romero plays but VDV imo is more important based purely on our style of play. I'd rather Romero stayed next season but if we sold for 60m I wouldn't be mad either.

🙈
He’s an aggressive defender and that’s the reason we bought him. Ok let’s buy a player who’s an aggressive front foot defender and when he arrives tell him to stop playing to his strengths! Seriously??
And it was his fault we drew for chewing Hubba Bubba
Lol - okay then define what an aggressive front foot defender is?
Because I would assume they aren’t defenders that barge into players recklessly outside the box or pull on shirts in the box from corners, as Dragusin was doing against Everton when he came on.

All I’m doing is making observations about his performance on Saturday. I’m not saying he’s a bad player.

He's still only 25 could easily go on to play at this level for the best part of a decade and will obviously improve with experience as most centre halves do.

VVD is even younger and they complement each others game so well.

One of the best CB parings in the league already, and only played about 15 games together.
If not the best certainly will be next year .

OK we all know Romero has been somewhat careless with his tackles although the vice captain role has calmed him down a lot this year. He is without doubt a superb defender. The one thing ,however, as is with most Argentinian players ((call it the Lionel Scalloni influence) is that they seem to give preference to their national team over their club teams.

Back
Top Bottom