Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

best CB in the world for me. another reason its vital that front line gets sorted this summer or we would of wasted having him, hell be off soon.
Yes it would be nice but, would he be willing to spend half his career at spurs not doing much.
The process of the recruitment, generally takes so long to put a decent team together that, bigger teams will be of interest to him.

Yes it would be nice but, would he be willing to spend half his career at spurs not doing much.
The process of the recruitment, generally takes so long to put a decent team together that, bigger teams will be of interest to him.
if madrid are serious hes gone. its not like theres anything promising happening here is there? its gone pretty stale. no real buzz about the place, most realists know exactly what we will be getting next year with this front 3. literally pinning our hopes on some swedish kid and hoping hes mustard.

He’s another example of a world class player we’ve wasted - Carrick went to Utd and won 5, Walker 6 at City…… Verts, Toby, Dembele stayed and won f all and they were at that level. H is cursed

He’s another example of a world class player we’ve wasted - Carrick went to Utd and won 5, Walker 6 at City…… Verts, Toby, Dembele stayed and won f all and they were at that level. H is cursed
the worst thing about losing romero is going to be the character we are losing, not just the actual player. theres no spursyness in his makeup. the guys a winner which is why he wont hang around long and you cant blame him.

if madrid are serious hes gone. its not like theres anything promising happening here is there? its gone pretty stale. no real buzz about the place, most realists know exactly what we will be getting next year with this front 3. literally pinning our hopes on some swedish kid and hoping hes mustard.
It's no good people saying, he likes ange and might want to buy into his project, what would he be buying into.
A club that, if it has a stonking season can get top four, the rest of the time, they fail miserably each season and by some way short.

the worst thing about losing romero is going to be the character we are losing, not just the actual player. theres no spursyness in his makeup. the guys a winner which is why he wont hang around long and you cant blame him.
Baldy baldy pinhead miser should offer him shares in the club - 1% stake of 5 billion plus and get your best argie mates in son

We need to think creatively - Lewis has put less money into the club than my son. We need to navigate these fucks and somehow get buy in without spending money

Give up some of your grotesque nest eggs you greedy, horrible scummers

Every single one of them (Bar Carrick) had chances to win stuff here. Let's not rewrite history.

Numerous semi finals. For some of them, three cup finals...

Baldy baldy pinhead miser should offer him shares in the club - 1% stake of 5 billion plus and get your best argie mates in son
hes probably not overly interested in money at this stage of his career, he comes across as someone who just wants to win as much in football as he can. the only thing that might sway him is if we actually invested in some genuine quality in front him...even then the lure of madrid is probably too strong.

Every single one of them (Bar Carrick) had chances to win stuff here. Let's not rewrite history.

Numerous semi finals. For some of them, three cup finals...
They were world class coupled with some utter shite. None of them were the problem, quietly but consistently superb 8/10’ers

Kane was the match winner that failed

They were world class coupled with some utter shite. None of them were the problem, quietly but constantly superb 8/10’ers

Kane was the match winner that failed

They're all partly to blame. Never showed up when it truly mattered unfortunately. In the three cup finals some of them played in, not a single goal scored... Some of those semi finals, couldn't hold onto leads...

Can blame the owners absolutely, the coaches too, but those players were the ones who were out there letting us down on the day unfortunately. Over and over.

But I'm also not going to sit here and complain that we've "wasted" them or their careers or want to sell them off for the better of their career. I've enjoyed watching Vertonghen, Dembele, Alderweired, Carrick, Modric etc here. Just like I enjoy Romero, Son, van de Ven etc now.

They're all partly to blame. Never showed up when it truly mattered unfortunately. In the three cup finals some of them played in, not a single goal scored... Some of those semi finals, couldn't hold onto leads...

Can blame the owners absolutely, the coaches too, but those players were the ones who were out there letting us down on the day unfortunately. Over and over.

But I'm also not going to sit here and complain that we've "wasted" them or their careers or want to sell them off for the better of their career. I've enjoyed watching Vertonghen, Dembele, Alderweired, Carrick, Modric etc here. Just like I enjoy Romero, Son, van de Ven etc now.
They ended not wasting their careers because they left, all of them went onto better things by leaving.
We know our place as, a stepping stone to greater things, it's a pity but something the fanbase has accepted.

Thread turned into a predictable woe is us rambling
It's strange considering the only link we've seen is a spurious one at best, from ESPN linking him to Real Madrid. The current version of Real Madrid don't spend the time and money it'll take to get Romero out of Tottenham either this summer or next summer on a 26/27 year old. Romero's a big deal to us (rightly so). But he's not that big of a deal to Real Madrid. Nowadays, we've seen that they'd rather spend that money to sign a 18/19 year old who's ready to play now, but will also grow over the next decade. Lenny Yoro's the one for them.

We had Parker at his peak, plus Corluka and VDV and others. Always the bridesmaid
i thought parker was more at his peak at chelsea to be honest. he seemed to drop down levels after that. loved corluka, classy right back.

berbatov and keane was another time. best strike partnership in the league and behind them was a mid table side. never ending cycle.

i thought parker was more at his peak at chelsea to be honest. he seemed to drop down levels after that. loved corluka, classy right back.

berbatov and keane was another time. best strike partnership in the league and behind them was a mid table side. never ending cycle.
He had half a season where he was better than Bale and Luka but got injured and was never the same

Keane was wank, in would have looked half decent with berba

Terrible cunt Keane, cheap haircut mick div

Back
Top Bottom