Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I must confess, I’ve never really seen the guy play bar the Copa America this year. He was alright then tbf although, and it could just be the PTSD kicking in, I did get ever so slight Sanchez vibes off his defending. A small bit last ditch, rash…

Can anyone who’s actually seen him on somewhat of a consistent basis calm my nerves? Is he really the defender of the calibre to solidify our defence?

I must confess, I’ve never really seen the guy play bar the Copa America this year. He was alright then tbf although, and it could just be the PTSD kicking in, I did get ever so slight Sanchez vibes off his defending. A small bit last ditch, rash…

Can anyone who’s actually seen him on somewhat of a consistent basis calm my nerves? Is he really the defender of the calibre to solidify our defence?
Your Sanchez comparison has got me terrified...!

I have never seen Romero play. I hope he a nasty Argentine but with a smart head. Is that possible?

There's plenty to like about Romero'​

South American football expert Tim Vickery:

"Centre-back has been a real problem position for Argentina for years and just since the start of June when he first played, Cristian Romero has been greeted as the saviour. Even with just five caps, he's now the first defender on the team sheet for Argentina.

"He had a few injuries during the Copa America and only played three games, but Argentina didn't concede in those three games and had a splendid season at Atlanta, who are an attacking club. Their defence was often exposed but he came through that very well.

"He's combative - sometimes a little too combative - he's 23 so there's a lot of football ahead of him. Tottenham may be paying a little over the odds for him, but there's plenty to like about him. He's a real fighter."

That seems to be the general consensus. If he mature’s, smartens up & calms down a bit then it sounds like we have a good player on our hands.
Doubt he will be a bad signing. Either decent 7/10 player or a good 8-9/10 player.

Back
Top Bottom