Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham may be paying a little over the odds for him
No Way What GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Probably some form of financial accounting meaning we don’t put the transfer fee into this years P and L

I assume the fee is capital cost and amortised across the contract term, perhaps it’s a way to avoid that hitting the books for 12 months
I assume something like this is the story. Levy and Paratici share a love of, erm, “creative” accounting.

Which is a big improvement on Levy and Hitchen bonding over hatred of the modern player transfer system, in fairness.

Anyway, seems clear there aren’t circumstances under which he’d wind up back at Atalanta, unlike Gollini.

It seems to me that because players can't be signed twice during a window that it will be a loan with an obligation to buy.
But this means that we can use the money we put towards him on other transfers that we desperately need. His signing can be done next year when hopefully we won't need to make as many transfers.

Got a feeling he'll be the dogs for us. The perfect profile for a CB that we've desperately needed.
I have a feeling he will be awful for us but that's just because our recent big money moves have been (Sanchez, Ndombele).

If anyone can break the streak, it sounds like it's him so I'm hopeful!

I have a feeling he will be awful for us but that's just because our recent big money moves have been (Sanchez, Ndombele).

Yeah our scouting has been scary bad and he is definitely going to be transitioning to a quite different league and a very different style of play than Atalanta.

But (just like Sanchez and Ndombele) there is no question there’s talent there.

I think he will be good for us but do think that he is unlikely to transform our defense like a VVD or Dias like some fans are expecting so I hope there isn't backlash from fans if he isn't at that level or have that effect.

Definitely a talent and I have very little fear that he will flop or be terrible.

Yeah our scouting has been scary bad and he is definitely going to be transitioning to a quite different league and a very different style of play than Atalanta.

But (just like Sanchez and Ndombele) there is no question there’s talent there.
De Ligt / Sanchez was good .
Ndombele / Fekir too

Love his nickname, and he is a bit of a cutie, the girls will love him :)
Why not the ‘boys’ will love him?!
Earth to miss homophobe, it’s 2021 now!
Boys can like boys too.

In latest news, mrs perryman has been cancelled after her forum account was banned for not believing a man could be attracted to a fellow man. Cancel culture wins again!

I was just gonna post that the OS made no mention of the length of contract.
There is something tricky going on..

TBF if it is a loan with an option/obligation to buy (ergo transfer funds won't be needed for this signing until next summer), it's a decent move.

Either way, right now, he is our player.

Back
Top Bottom