Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm struggling to see how Spurs are culpable here.

The blame lies with FIFA and the British government, in whatever proportion you care to allocate.

I would blame FIFA 100%.

Their job is to arrange fixtures in a safe place (safeguarding players, match officials etc) , and just as FIFA move venues for wars or where there is a chance of conflict etc FIFA should have arranged the match to be in a county or countries where the incidence of covid is far lower (and thus would not be on UK's red list).

So the question is what sanctions should be imposed on FIFA for breaking their duty of safeguarding ?

Last edited:
Can't stop them these days.

Even if we say he's injured his country can still have him travel and be assessed by their doctors

True, but just as we sent Rodon to Wales, once the Welsh doctors agreed he was injured he was sent back to Spurs to continue his recovery.

Perhaps we should have reminded Argentina that Lo Celso treats Spurs as a place to recover from injuries, as most times when he comes back from Argentina he is injured again - and asked that Romero not follow that tradition and we'd quite like a healthy Lo Celso to play for us (he's only just got fit after his return from Copa America ), but not sure we'd get a positive response.

Let’s hope they deport back home. Need them for our games
It would be better if they go to Croatia actually.

If they go back to UK now, they'd have to be in government hotel, so won't get to exercise at all. Spurs' plan was to send them to Croatia, a green light country, where they could train for 10 days, and then join first team training when they go back to training (and thus they'd be available for Chelsea game).

Let’s hope they deport back home. Need them for our games

To be honest it won’t make much difference now. Apparently they were due to fly to Croatia tomorrow to do ten days training and recovery there before flying back to the uk. That way they won’t have to do the mandatory 10 days hotel quarantine in the uk.

That’s not too bad. Think we can cope v palace and Rennes. Need our full squad back for Chelsea though

With neither of the Argentinians seeing much first team action at the moment I dont think they’re a big loss, Sánchez is more of a concern for me as he’s been doing well with Dier recently. As Colombia play in Paraguay tonight Sánchez is subject to the same rules, but seems to have been forgotten about.

It would be better if they go to Croatia actually.

If they go back to UK now, they'd have to be in government hotel, so won't get to exercise at all. Spurs' plan was to send them to Croatia, a green light country, where they could train for 10 days, and then join first team training when they go back to training (and thus they'd be available for Chelsea game).
I'm sure Bolsonaro will find a hole to put them in for a month or two. Fucking FIFA is to blame for this shitshow

Players
Argie FA
FIFA.

Was there a public announcement from public health UK or Brazil, after private discussion failed? that they would not be able to play so why call them to this games squad? Or Spurs? No?...

So the plot is much thicker, no?

This is all part of a pantomime, which our boys are unwitting stools within.

Back
Top Bottom