Cristiano Ronaldo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBH I haven't followed the case that closely, my first and maybe wrong assumption, was akin to yours.
This development has made me wonder whether there's more to it.

If they have issued a warrant for his DNA, then it follows that they must have something for them to compare it with.
Whether this was a case of consensual sex or rape, I don't know, (he said,she said) but as the LVPD have issued a warrant it implies that they think they are grounds for a case, at the very least.

If it goes to trial only then will we know more, not necessarily the truth, just more.

Also the pay-off thing is suspicious on both counts, firstly for the reasons you say and she's after more money/exposure or that he thought he could buy his way out of trouble.

If he is guilty he should be locked up for a long time.

If she is lying, she should be locked up for a long time.

Time will tell.
She apparently went to the hospital afterwards, so they'll have the results of that testing. Though many times this evidence is really only evidence of sexual intercourse, so it's still he said/she said regarding consent without other evidence.

It's probably why she got the payoff, whether it was consensual or not. In Greasy Ron's shoes (assuming innocence, as that's a staple of democratic justice), a woman he had intercourse with (potentially rough, potentially intoxicated) has a lawyer dial him up and explain she's been the hospital and had a rape kit done and intends to press charges. He knows she has his DNA and there's no other evidence either way. The options are sign a check for what is in comparison $1-500 for you and me, or have her press charges which puts the story in the press damaging his reputation (which is what he makes the majority of his money on via endorsements) and risking conviction in a very circumstantial evidentiary trial.

To me the payoff is only proof of sexual contact. The fact that the sum is so low, comparative to Ron's net worth and income, leads me to believe she didn't have a very compelling case beyond the hospital exam that proved little. If she had good evidence to support rape, surely she presses for more considering Ron makes $100M+ in salary and endorsements per year?

She apparently went to the hospital afterwards, so they'll have the results of that testing. Though many times this evidence is really only evidence of sexual intercourse, so it's still he said/she said regarding consent without other evidence.

It's probably why she got the payoff, whether it was consensual or not. In Greasy Ron's shoes (assuming innocence, as that's a staple of democratic justice), a woman he had intercourse with (potentially rough, potentially intoxicated) has a lawyer dial him up and explain she's been the hospital and had a rape kit done and intends to press charges. He knows she has his DNA and there's no other evidence either way. The options are sign a check for what is in comparison $1-500 for you and me, or have her press charges which puts the story in the press damaging his reputation (which is what he makes the majority of his money on via endorsements) and risking conviction in a very circumstantial evidentiary trial.

To me the payoff is only proof of sexual contact. The fact that the sum is so low, comparative to Ron's net worth and income, leads me to believe she didn't have a very compelling case beyond the hospital exam that proved little. If she had good evidence to support rape, surely she presses for more considering Ron makes $100M+ in salary and endorsements per year?

To be honest, if Greasy Ron raped me I’d probably consider a payoff of £300k. It’s still a lot of money, and if you aren’t already rich you probably wouldn’t risk that offer by demanding more.

I’d forgotten why I had you on ignore. Spamming the site with this crap.

It is the first page of a Portuguese sports newspaper that celebrates Portugal's victory by putting Cristiano Ronaldo as its symbol.

Does your concept of discussion begin and end with the topic you want to say or read?

The front pages of international sports newspapers (Italy, Spain, Portugal, France) or the sports part of the English ones are an interesting window on the world. Some users who write crap are more spam.

Then if you want to ignore me it's your right but don't tell me that everyone writes interesting and reasonable things about these first pages

Hes definitely something different, he seems like a man amongst boys. A bit like Usain Bolt

105853902-Usain-Bolt-smiling-100m-gold_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqiUuvBizZT2q34Osm0tNw0YMi-3xB8XfFdaR9kQXw04.jpg

Thats not human

What is it then? That’s racist :gio::sonpoint:

You’re posting papers that even you can’t read?

Unless they are languages like German, Eastern Europe, Scandinavian. If I do not know a language I take a vocabulary and try to translate. You English, being the English language spread all over the world (even in an aberrant form that will horrify you) often do not feel the need to know other languages.

Unless they are languages like German, Eastern Europe, Scandinavian. If I do not know a language I take a vocabulary and try to translate. You English, being the English language spread all over the world (even in an aberrant form that will horrify you) often do not feel the need to know other languages.
I loved doing French at school it wasn’t just like learning I found it interesting and since then I have picked up bits and pieces of Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese and even a few words of Serbo-Croat.
You never know when it might come in handy - and it has.
I’m not English though 😜

Where are you from?

I am Italian, I speak very good Spanish, good English, fairly French but no German, etc.

😉
Scotland. A lot of English people would probably class Scottish as a foreign language I reckon 😆
I like trying to pick up other languages though, German is supposed to be easy for Scots to learn but I found it more difficult than French.

I moved to Tasmania from Sydney and everybody there thought I was English or South African for some reason. I'm aussie fyi. They are just more bogan than me...which I didn't think were possible.
Bogan 😀 I love getting little reminders of my time there thanks for that.
I didn’t know Tasmanian’s had the strongest accents I always thought it was people from Melbourne/Victoria.
My only regret is I didn’t travel around a bit more when I was there and hop across to NZ.

He has done so much for his country. He will probably get a state funeral when he pops his clogs. Statues in prominent places, streets named after him, etc, etc. He's earned it.

Back
Top Bottom