Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (Jan 4th - 8pm) *sigh*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The same Fulham who have a net spend of £40m in the summer and are playing attacking and effective football?
The same Fulham we beat.
The same Fulham, who, through all our problems, are still, currently, behind us having played more games.

They haven't had Europe. Most of their players aren't senior internationals. They haven't had the injury problems we have.

That said, surely the coach has to be one to watch. Unlike prior Fulham coaches, he has got Mitrovic scoring freely in the PL, and he isn't resorting to a "don't get beat" attitude like a lot of promoted teams resort to.

The same Fulham we beat.
The same Fulham, who, through all our problems, are still, currently, behind us having played more games.

They haven't had Europe. Most of their players aren't senior internationals. They haven't had the injury problems we have.

That said, surely the coach has to be one to watch. Unlike prior Fulham coaches, he has got Mitrovic scoring freely in the PL, and he isn't resorting to a "don't get beat" attitude like a lot of promoted teams resort to.
Would you say Tottenham or Fulham fans are happier and which club is underperforming and which is overperforming?

My main point was Conte whining about not having the players to do better is absolute horseshit.

Would you say Tottenham or Fulham fans are happier and which club is underperforming and which is overperforming?

My main point was Conte whining about not having the players to do better is absolute horseshit.
Fulham are over achieving by not being in the bottom 3.
Different aspirations generate different reactions.

Remember how happy we all were the first time we got in the Uefa Cup after a long time out of europe?

As for not having the players to do better, why is it horseshit?
We have a keeper who repeatedly lets us down. We have a lack of wing backs that can do the job the coach wants. We have a lack of defenders who can defend. We have 5 forwards. 1 is well out of form and 2 are injured. The 6th is Gil and he's literally nothing. Done absolutely nothing to date to warrant trust. We have 4 first team CM's. 1 is injured. 1 is suspended. 2 are teens.

It's madness to think we can carry on expecting to pick up points AND do it in some sort of style. We're limping, badly.

This witch hunt against Dier is daft, put him in midfield in front of Romero, Lenglet and Davies, with Perisic, PEH and Docherty. He bossed the PL in that role

He wasn't there against Villa and the defence looked just as shite

then piddle around with the front 3, dropping Son would be a good move.
This simply has to be a wind up

A few of us were speculating at the weekend that he’s lost the dressing room. Tonight I think we’ll find out for sure, if nothing else.

I‘m torn between wanting to see a reaction, but knowing it’s likely to be just another climb on the roller coaster and the next dip is just down the road. Something has to change. If it’s not our tactics maybe it has to be the manager. Only who is lined up next?Don’t want the embarrassment again of what happened before Nuno.

This ain't gonna happen

Lloris
Romero
Dier.....rotation for Lenglet
Davies
Spence Rotation for Doh
Sess .....Rotation for Perisic
Skipp in for Bissouma
Hojbjerg
White......Rotation for Gil
Son
Kane.

Last edited:
It's madness to think we can carry on expecting to pick up points AND do it in some sort of style. We're limping, badly.
That's my main gripe to be fair.

At least try and win matches, play with some sort of attacking intent from the start.
Don't wait until we're 1 or 2 goals down before we take the shackles off.

agree that strength is an issue with him, but he also goes down too easy (trying to get cheap fouls)

He does but a lot of the time they are genuine fouls but as usual we don’t get the ref’s decisions

I think it is a must not lose game rather than a must win. I'd actually take a boring nil nil right now to give us the confidence we can keep a clean sheet. But let's remember Palace just lost 3 nil at home to Fulham.

The NLD is a must win game if you ask me and possibly bigger than the 4th place play off last season. If we win the lift it could give us for the rest of the season is huge. A defeat for them, after Arteta seemingly losing it last night, could really effect their mentality.

Feels so fucking huge.... I already have butterflies when I think about it (which is not normal for me).

Even outside of the context of the season; I really need a lift footy-wise.

This ain't gonna happen

Lloris
Romero
Dier.....rotation for Lenglet
Davies
Spence Rotation for Doh
Sess .....Rotation for Perisic
Skipp....Rotation for Hojb
Bissouma
White......Rotation for Gil
Son
Kane.

Why the fuck do people keep on including White as a LWinger or a LWBack???

He's a CM by trade.

p.s. Bissouma has a one match ban btw.

That's my main gripe to be fair.

At least try and win matches, play with some sort of attacking intent from the start.
Don't wait until we're 1 or 2 goals down before we take the shackles off.
I'd totally agree if we had Richarlison, Kulsevski, Bentancur and Bissouma available tonight.
About £150m worth of starting 11 players and 40% of the outfield team there.

We're in bad shape here.

Back
Top Bottom