Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (Jan 4th - 8pm) *sigh*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It really is just Mou ball again isn’t it.

:mourhandlaugh:

P.S. That post had me doing a major laugh-cry… brutal. Tough one to explain to the WAKs.

I do wonder if this is the football that the club wants to play. When Nunez came in, he spoke about the same strategy - punishing other teams mistakes. Unfortunately at this level, the other teams don't make a lot of mistakes, especially if you put them under zero pressure.

I do wonder if this is the football that the club wants to play. When Nunez came in, he spoke about the same strategy - punishing other teams mistakes. Unfortunately at this level, the other teams don't make a lot of mistakes, especially if you put them under zero pressure.
its not just pressure its forwards in form that makes it work
under Nunez there was no Kane, this season under Conte Son has been out of form

Gil is shit. People need to realise. Hes not big enough good enough nothing. He wont ever be powerful enough or good enough. He was fuckin shit today

He’s a young kid. He’s hardly gonna walk right into the team and be a world beater straight away. He has huge talent and the way to nurture it is to give him minutes. His strength is the only issue and that can be worked on. The one thing you have completely wrong in your absolute shit analysis, is that he isn’t good enough. You can’t teach natural technique that he already possesses.

He’s a young kid. He’s hardly gonna walk right into the team and be a world beater straight away. He has huge talent and the way to nurture it is to give him minutes. His strength is the only issue and that can be worked on. The one thing you have completely wrong in your absolute shit analysis, is that he isn’t good enough. You can’t teach natural technique that he already possesses.
agree that strength is an issue with him, but he also goes down too easy (trying to get cheap fouls)

You would think it has to be 3 in the middle. It should really be a 4-4-2, but no way Gil should start. Mind you it makes no real difference.

It's not Gil's lack of physicality but a lack of being at the required level for us, certainly at this stage at any rate.

But we are simply sterile. Nobody runs beyond the strikers because of the system, we lack cohesion and we make mistake after mistake.

Tonight the certainty is we will have cause to blame the ref,, bemoan VAR or slate the latest player to gift a goal. We will lament Kane's lack of pace or another misplaced pass by the misfiring Son. And in that is pretty much our season.

A 5/6 out of 10 club when we need to be at 7/8.

It's hard to watch and harder to take.

Fair enough i prob went too far with the useless.
But we keep talking about him needing to bulk up get stronger now. Hes what? 22. Been here 2 years and still havent seen it. Looks busy but no end product.
He actually doesnt seem as quick as youd think. And holds onto the ball too long and ends up on the ground.
Yes he does have technique but has so much else to work on and time is running out

Yeah, What other job would you get a golden handshake for being inept in?
Conte is not flexible enough and I want him out.
Boris Johnson Politics GIF by Storyful

So excited about tonight! Much joy, big woop, hell to the yeah.

Prediction: We're going to put on a never seen before display of dazzling speed, skills and daring, and we are going to go at Palace harder than an Ian Botham bouncer to an Aussie batsman.

1-0 Palace

Have that horrible feeling that, this will be Contes last game in charge.
Then it's back to having a YES manager back in charge, covering up the root cause of this clubs terminal illness.

All hinges on the 11 and formation IMO.

If it’s 343 (Lloris/Romero, Lenglet, Davies/Royal, PEH, Sarr, Peri/Gill, Kane, Son) we will in trouble however if more of a 352 (Lloris/Romero, Lenglet, Davies/Spence, Skipp, Sarr, PEH, Doc/Kane, Kulu) then I fancy us

All hinges on the 11 and formation IMO.

If it’s 343 (Lloris/Romero, Lenglet, Davies/Royal, PEH, Sarr, Peri/Gill, Kane, Son) we will in trouble however if more of a 352 (Lloris/Romero, Lenglet, Davies/Spence, Skipp, Sarr, PEH, Doc/Kane, Kulu) then I fancy us
This witch hunt against Dier is daft, put him in midfield in front of Romero, Lenglet and Davies, with Perisic, PEH and Docherty. He bossed the PL in that role

He wasn't there against Villa and the defence looked just as shite

then piddle around with the front 3, dropping Son would be a good move.

Back
Top Bottom