Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We just need to do a LOT more work to get the team playing a bit of tiki taka, cos that's how you can evade the press and release a bit of pressure.

We've got arguably the best press resistant midfielder in the Premier League - yet we use him to press tirelessly for 60 minutes and knock the ball over his head.

Next week will really show Jose's mettle.

For 60 mins or so we couldn't play a single ounce of football. That was Crystal Palace that made us look absolutely lost when we had the ball.

Liverpool are going to be all over us and if we don't get that outlet to Kane, we are basically nullified.

Credit to the keeper cause yeah, it could have been 3-1, but CP also had some close ones. The game always felt on edge after that first goal from Kane.

Sergio for all his wonders this year really struggled today.

Midfield was nonexistent in terms of build up play for that last 60mins or so. They protected the back well enough, but they didn't settle the game at all.

Jose has to show some balls as he were to say because that was pitiful. We are better than them. Don't let off the pedal until it is 3-0. We were in control for the first 25 mins or so.
When you spend all day, every day in training focusing on how to master the low block. You forget to practice good first touch, good passing pattern, good hold up play etc.

Regui was a good example, he just no idea what to do with the ball.

I wish Palace had equalised earlier, would have given us more time to wake the fuck up and play.

Trying to manage the game at only one nil. Ridiculous. We aren't good enough defensively. Poor approach in that 2nd half.

so, for us "go out and beat them, not wait for them to die of boredom" people
was that a masterclass?

becaused, correct me if I'm wrong, we spent the first half dominating possession, and scored (go out and beat them)

In the second half we stopped running the show and went into "masterclass" mode (wait for them to die of boredom) until we conceded

and then we switched back to lets make them look shit mode (go out and beat them) - but left it too late to go back to masterclass (wait for them to die of boredom)mode.

Is that right?
Exactly right, so frustrating to watch . Even more so when you have our front line!

This is where we will win or lose the league for me.

Jose manages the big games very well, and we should have too much quality for the “dross“ in the league. It’s our setup and approach to the teams in the upper-middle we need to evaluate.

Games against Everton, Saints, West Ham and Palace have yielded 5 points, that has to improve.

The goal from a set piece was coming, needed to play higher up the pitch. Hopefully we learn from that.

Liverpool game massive now. Lose that it’s a miserable week - win it this will quickly be forgotten.

Yes, totally agree. but Mou mistakes 'chance' for design. If we would have held out it would have gone according to his design but the truth of the matter is we would have gotten lucky because they created enough to be good value for this point. Rancid shit.
Agree. The Dele sub should have happened earlier. But again it's that free kick. We didn't need that pressure. Aurier has to learn to keep off the player running away from goal

I am livid after that, felt like I just witnessed us hand Liverpool the league, I know it's early but we all know if Liverpool go top (and they will) they will be hard to displace.

I felt like we needed to stay top and get a clear gap before christmas to really have a chance, let's hope Fulham do the business and we get something against them midweek.

Based on how we played the first 35 minutes of the second half I don't think it's really a question that he told them to. Dier heads that ball in and we probably win 2-1, but he didn't, and Mou can't count on us burying every single change we get.

Weren't defending well, not too many chances on the counter. If Mourinho had made the change he made after the goal in the 70th minute, both in terms of attacking and personnel, it may have led to a second for us before Palace scored.
It wasn’t the personnel that changed it although I think Dele looked ok when he came on. It was that we decided to play football again once we were denied the win. We played fine in the first half with Bergwijn and Reguilon, that until we scored.

I hope this is sarcasm.

What have you not noticed how we play an ungodly inspired club almost every week? Have you not noticed how oppo keepers have worldies on a consistent basis? Have you not noticed how fortunate our opponents are not to pick up yellow cards that are called when against us?

I'm not saying it's an outright conspiracy, but we seem to inspire an incredible amount of desire to perform in our opponents. My point was we must actually be a genuine force as a club if we can inspire that kind of response in nearly all our opponents.

I love being top (until 6pm anyway) but i really cant say i enjoy watching us play. I really hoped things were changing after Southampton and Man U but West Ham seems to have driven us into our shell. I get the approach againsy City and Chelsea but we have better players than Burnley, West Brom and Palace pretty much across the park and should be bullying and dominating them. Yes 7 points from that lot but all 3 have been toss a coin to see who wins, 50/50 matches and that shouldnt be the case. Great looking at the table but something really missing for me.

Back
Top Bottom