Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like Chelsea and City’s “run” starts next week then
These losses have given us an opportunity, let's see us taking them before we start acting smug OK?

It was not so different a few years ago.

I find your strident attitude quite strage tbh. We as Spurs fans should know to be calm and humble in this kind of situation.

These losses have given us an opportunity, let's see us taking them before we start acting smug OK?

Chavs lost last weekend... We drew. Some saw that as a good thing..... A scenario worth cheering.

You've spent the subsequent days playing it down.

They lose again (City drop 2 points for the second time in two games too!) and we should still keep schtum?

I find your strident attitude quite strage tbh. We as Spurs fans should know to be calm and humble in this kind of situation.

So we should be reluctant to take joy from results and refrain from being partisan with respect to our rivals, but it's ok to be overtly critical of ourselves and our players?

This shit is meant to be fun y'know.....

Last edited:
I haven't seen it on MOTD or really "official" outlets, but I think a lot of the recent xG discussion was instigated by Michael Cox's piece in The Athletic predicting us to fade: The xG table: Spurs to fade, Sheff Utd unlucky but Woolwich not in false position

(I kinda expect our results to drop too, but more because our tactics are better suited to the strong sides than the midtable ones who can low-block but also have enough ability up front to cause us problems, like Crystal Palace. We have to figure out how to be better in possession imo before we can start to predict how we'll fare against teams we "should" be beating, because as you can see with this weekend no one's easily beating anyone.)

Maybe it was already in the air much earlier but since that piece I've seen a lot of stuff on Twitter about xG, a lot making fun of it ("we won the xG! hurray") but some taking it seriously to suggest Brighton's been unlucky, or that Arse *are* improving in xG at least despite their horrendous form.
A fun line from that article: "There have been 107 Premier League matches this season — and only three results have been fair. In other words, only three matches have finished with a scoreline you would get if you rounded both sides’ xG figure to the nearest whole number."

Calm and humble?
Oh sorry mighty Chelsea you bottled 6pts in four days, how dare we laugh

Better?

Why is on a yellow card.

That's stupid.
A lot of his opinions pisses me off, but that shouldn't be a reason for yellow card. Abusing others or saying racist things should result in that.
Haha, cheers for the backup I guess. I'm not sure either, I'm guess it's the rather long winded discussion over me calling that female Woolwich player a bitch. I don't know how the stuff on this site works.

You piss me off a lot too, but you're no more an asshole than I am on here.

Haha, cheers for the backup I guess. I'm not sure either, I'm guess it's the rather long winded discussion over me calling that female Woolwich player a bitch. I don't know the stuff on this site works.

You piss me off a lot too, but you're no more an asshole than I am on here.
Haven't seen this discussion on the female Woolwich player, but in the context of this forum, bitch is probably kinder than most of the insults Woolwich men players get. Don't see why that should result in a yellow

Haven't seen this discussion on the female Woolwich player, but in the context of this forum, bitch is probably kinder than most of the insults Woolwich men players get. Don't see why that should result in a yellow
How do yellows work anyway? Do mods review them and hand them out manually? Or is just if x number of users give you a yellow within y time period you get a yellow?

Only other thing is that I called sammyspurs a clown once, but he and a dozen other people have been at least as rude to me.

Anyway, I'm not that bothered.

Back
Top Bottom