Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick to death wasting 2 hours of my life watching this shit. 2 points dropped because Mourinho cant-wont send us out to attack garbage like Newcastle.
Then when the footballs turgid and we dont win he blames everyone else. Why cant the bald genius levy see what everyone else can. Mourinho should have been sacked after throwing away a 2 goal lead in Europa league
More than likely the bald genius sees a cheaper get out via a contract clause when certain targets aren’t met by the end of the season, lots of reports saying there’s no such clause and some have confirmed there is.

I think the fact he’s still in the job is a clear indicator we can get rid on the cheap in two months time, personally I’d pay him up and fuck him off with immediate effect.

But the £35m we would save can go in to the new managers kitty for the rebuild.

The problem is is that no matter how shit we've been this season we still have a chance of top 4. Would it be worth giving someone like Redknapp the last 8 games. New manager who will come in with a fresh approach, an arm around their shoulders and possibly the bounce that's needed to push them into the Champions League next season. There's no way on earth Jose gets these players into the top 4 so for me it would be worth the risk.
Yes coming round to something like that
But would depend on how bad things were when Levy sacked Harry

I’m assuming you mean Harry and not Jamie??

:harrylol:

The title of this thread is my main reason for coming here at the moment.I'm certainly not here for the quality of the football.

I've actually started to feel a bit sorry for Gooners for those years that they wanted Wenger Out and their owners just kept on trolling them over and over by keeping him. This feels like that, an unnatural situation where the manager stays where under any other conditions he would be long gone. If we had fans at the stadium Jose would be a distant memory by now.

I’m pretty confident Levy wants him out now, it’s just the payoff like people say. If he sacks him for 30 million and a caretaker comes in for a stab at 4th and gets it, that’s 30 million well spent

If he pays 30 million and we miss out, that’s 30 million less for the new managers budget

I think once we mathematically can’t get fourth Mourinho will be packing his desk, even if it’s one game left of the season

The title of this thread is my main reason for coming here at the moment.I'm certainly not here for the quality of the football.

I've actually started to feel a bit sorry for Gooners for those years that they wanted Wenger Out and their owners just kept on trolling them over and over by keeping him. This feels like that, an unnatural situation where the manager stays where under any other conditions he would be long gone. If we had fans at the stadium Jose would be a distant memory by now.
You felt sorry for them consistently overachieving and getting 4th whilst playing good football?

I feel sorry for them now mate, they didn’t know they were fucking born when they had Wenger

Wenger was still playing decent football though even in decline and they have got worse since he left. His problem was that he never accepted the defence needed top defensive players and not simply good ball players and thus they played good football but then collapsed when their defence rolled over.

We look as bad defensively as Wengers late stage Woolwich but far far worse going forward. The issue with gooner fans is that they had become used to league title challenges and the decline was difficult to accept but Wenger was still producing vastly better football than the shit we are getting now and it has to be said his final team had about the same or less depth than us.

You felt sorry for them consistently overachieving and getting 4th whilst playing good football?

I feel sorry for them now mate, they didn’t know they were fucking born when they had Wenger

I never truly felt sorry for them in all honesty. How could I?

I'm just addressing the reality that normally when fans want a manager out it gets to a point where the club has to act. That isnt happening at Spurs because of the pandemic. It didn't happen at Woolwich with Wenger but that was also an anomoly (for different reasons), like our current situation is an anomoly.

I’m pretty confident Levy wants him out now, it’s just the payoff like people say. If he sacks him for 30 million and a caretaker comes in for a stab at 4th and gets it, that’s 30 million well spent

If he pays 30 million and we miss out, that’s 30 million less for the new managers budget

I think once we mathematically can’t get fourth Mourinho will be packing his desk, even if it’s one game left of the season

I hope you're right but it's going to cost something similar presumably to sack him in the summer.

I do wonder if Levy has his eye on someone in International management so is waiting for the Euros to finish.

I'm just addressing the reality that normally when fans want a manager out it gets to a point where the club has to act. That isnt happening at Spurs because of the pandemic. It didn't happen at Woolwich with Wenger but that was also an anomoly (for different reasons), like our current situation is an anomoly.
Yeah I know what you mean mate

I’ve also never felt sorry for them, although I had a couple of pals that went to Baku at great expense, those guys had maybe 2% of my sympathies

I'm just addressing the reality that normally when fans want a manager out it gets to a point where the club has to act. That isnt happening at Spurs because of the pandemic. It didn't happen at Woolwich with Wenger but that was an anomoly, like our current situation is.

Fans not being in the stadium and Levy’s hard on for Jose has delayed the sacking, it would have happened weeks ago otherwise.

Wenger was by miles their best manager, think of Poch if we had won the league and CL how he would have been to us, that is what Wenger was to Woolwich. It was also a question of whether Wenger was declining or the Woolwich board’s transfers where a shambles. Woolwich have never recovered from losing David Dein, he was a visionary, now they have morons. Wenger was losing it but so was Woolwich.

I hope you're right but it's going to cost something similar presumably to sack him in the summer.

I do wonder if Levy has his eye on someone in International management so is waiting for the Euros to finish.
I think he has a break clause in his contract if he doesn’t get 4th this season though, so would cost a lot less to fuck him off

Yeh your very much reaching lol 😆 levy wouldnt want to waste 1 million let alone 30 million lol

Didnt you see the amazon documentary? Levy loves Mourinho and jose knows this!
Mourinho will be talking to levy every week telling him what's wrong and what he needs for the summer!

My guess is that Mourinho already has enough in the bank from being top earlier in the season and reaching a final 🙄

Yeh your very much reaching lol 😆 levy wouldnt want to waste 1 million let alone 30 million lol

Didnt you see the amazon documentary? Levy loves Mourinho and jose knows this!
Mourinho will be talking to levy every week telling him what's wrong and what he needs for the summer!

My guess is that Mourinho already has enough in the bank from being top earlier in the season and reaching a final 🙄
I very much hope you’re wrong, but yeah Levy is worryingly into him isn’t he

Wenger was still playing decent football though even in decline and they have got worse since he left. His problem was that he never accepted the defence needed top defensive players and not simply good ball players and thus they played good football but then collapsed when their defence rolled over.

We look as bad defensively as Wengers late stage Woolwich but far far worse going forward. The issue with gooner fans is that they had become used to league title challenges and the decline was difficult to accept but Wenger was still producing vastly better football than the shit we are getting now and it has to be said his final team had about the same or less depth than us.
Wenger was his own worst enemy, he loved being praised for building a team on a budget and getting top 4.
The problem being those bargain bucket players dried up when the rest of the leagues scouting got better and arsenals tight ass chairman wouldnt pay the wages that other clubs would...

Thats why poch did an amazing job but it only works for so long till you get left behind..

Every other manager Levy has hired would have been sacked by now. What sort of fucked up contract has he signed that has emasculated him from dispensing with Mourinho's services, or is still completely enamoured by him?

Wenger was his own worst enemy, he loved being praised for building a team on a budget and getting top 4.
The problem being those bargain bucket players dried up when the rest of the leagues scouting got better and arsenals tight ass chairman wouldnt pay the wages that other clubs would...

Thats why poch did an amazing job but it only works for so long till you get left behind..
Pretty sure the goons pay stupidly high wages and always have

Every other manager Levy has hired would have been sacked by now. What sort of fucked up contract has he signed that has emasculated him from dispensing with Mourinho's services, or is still completely enamoured by him?
Someone posted yesterday that he is on a monthly performance related contract or something whatever that means but I think Levy might still believe in him

Either way I think Levy should come right out and make a statement about our future

Rumours flying everywhere

The problem is is that no matter how shit we've been this season we still have a chance of top 4. Would it be worth giving someone like Redknapp the last 8 games. New manager who will come in with a fresh approach, an arm around their shoulders and possibly the bounce that's needed to push them into the Champions League next season. There's no way on earth Jose gets these players into the top 4 so for me it would be worth the risk.
Yeah I think it's worth a shot. Not going to happen with Jose.

Redknapp in charge for 9 games.
The squad need some injection of self confidence. They need to be allowed to express themselves with attacking football. Not shit scared to make a mistake. We don't need someone who's going to develop pretty patterns of play at this stage of the season. It's too late for that. But it looks like Jose is sending them out to play on instinct so it won't make a difference if we get a new manager in now, in terms of developing a method of play.
9 games is still just enough for the new manager bounce to have an effect.

It's a no brainer for me.

If Levy fires him now it might make getting Nagelsmann easier. If Nagelsmann is the one he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom