Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mark Yeates is another I remember being talked up way back when.

And Rory Allen and Neale Fenn. I'm sure they played together against Manchester United in the FA Cup at Old Trafford.

There's also an Irish kid with ginger hair who was much lauded fairly recently but I can't remember his name.

Terry Dixon, was hyped as the next Rooney. Bust his knee jumping on cars out with mates. Had 2 bad knee injuries then left us before playing a game. Went to West Ham i think after us.

Nah not him. Don't think he was particularly young when he played for us, was he?
Already established as a decent pro at Luton before us.

I must be the only one who rated him before his broken leg. Raincoat picked him as a striker at Ipswich in one of the worst team performances I've ever seen, but as a CB he was impressive imo and scored a decent amount of goals from headers at corners.

Anyone else at a 0-0 v Villa, first match of the season? Hit the bar in the last minute with a peach of a volley, outside of the boot. If Hoddle had done it we'd still be creaming ourselves over it

Sooooo much luck in footie. If I'd had a bit more I would have made it, at, er, Tonbridge Angels at leeast

Terry Dixon, was hyped as the next Rooney. Bust his knee jumping on cars out with mates. Had 2 bad knee injuries then left us before playing a game. Went to West Ham i think after us.

WTF????

Really????

He was supposed to be the next one to make it big

Cameron Lancaster another.

Redknapp even gave him a Premier League debut.

Lancaster's problem was always being injured, I'd swear he was injured for 75% of all the games he was eligible to play in at Spurs through his youth career, including a fair amount of time either side of his pl appearance

You see kids, don't be a dick and jump on people's cars. Karma will get you
Scarlett looked very lively 👍

Just hope he doesn't go down the road of these strikers that showed promise

Kaziah Sterling
Shaq Coulthirst
Lee Barnard

And here's a name for you:

Jamie Slabber
These guys never had his talent. I can say that based on one game. Kaziah and Coulthirst were so lightweight, players that just scored goals in youth level, nothing more. Can say the same about Reo Griffiths. Scarlett have so much more than those players.

So proud of him, didn't realize he'd just come back from a bad injury! Didn't look out of place at all next to grown men, and his fury at himself at the final whistle for missing a chance or two speaks to a great attitude. Onwards and upwards :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom