Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice picture of his diving header

Large

I think he stays at Portsmouth (L1) this season and a championship loan next season (age 19) before being integrated into Spurs PL squad aged 20 - still relatively young but ..... !
I absolutely see the logic in that. But...

There's also the danger of a young player getting muscular injuries and being encouraged to play through them by a desperate manager. Skipp was outstanding for Norwich, but by the end of his loan season was clearly crocked. Yet both Norwich and England U21s kept on making him play, aggravating his injury.

Given both Kane & Richarlison could be physically & emotionally drained by the World Cup, bringing Scarlett back for the second half of the season, and giving him big game experience could be a good option for both the player and our famous club.

I absolutely see the logic in that. But...

There's also the danger of a young player getting muscular injuries and being encouraged to play through them by a desperate manager. Skipp was outstanding for Norwich, but by the end of his loan season was clearly crocked. Yet both Norwich and England U21s kept on making him play, aggravating his injury.

Given both Kane & Richarlison could be physically & emotionally drained by the World Cup, bringing Scarlett back for the second half of the season, and giving him big game experience could be a good option for both the player and our famous club.

I think the club needs to monitor players more closely after Skipp - on loan players often come back to Spurs for a day a week, and that should include a medical assessment. But its a tricky one with both young and experienced players to get them to pace themselves when they are over tired from playing too much too often - Kane can be another example.

Whilst I agree that the World Cup could be horrendous for players going too far in the world cup - any players going past quarter finals will get no break - I'd be loathe to get Scarlett playing in PL as I'd worry he couldn't hack it against world class players at his age, and that could be no good for his confidence. Better for Scarlett I think to play at L1 this year imo

Dane Scarlett's 2nd of the match - 4th of the season ..... and its only just in September

I think he's going to enjoy his loan - as are Portsmouth (and Spurs) supporters !

BTW I may have misled people earlier ........ its 5 goal involvements so far this season (4 goals and 1 assist).

He's officially on fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Evening lads, Pompey fan here.
Just wanna post about our loan signing Dane Scarlett.
What an absolute talent you've gotbon your books. He is absolute quality. The boy has everything, runs with the ball, finds space, takes players on and beats them, can put a 50 yards pass onto a sixpence.
He's already a cult hero at Pompey, we absolutely are lucky to have the boy here.
I read somewhere weeks ago when we loaned him that it's hoped he'd be Harry kanes replacement in future years. Trust me he will be.
Yes I know we're league one, but trust me this boy has got the lot at aged 18.
He'll be prem ready within 2 years in reckon. Hoping pompey get promoted this season because if we do there's a chance we can keep this kid on loan in the championship next season.
Good luck for the season lads, you'll be challenging for the title in reckon.
Dane scarlett is in good hands, we'll look after him for you.

What an absolute talent you've gotbon your books. He is absolute quality. The boy has everything, runs with the ball, finds space, takes players on and beats them, can put a 50 yards pass onto a sixpence.
He's already a cult hero at Pompey, we absolutely are lucky to have the boy here.
I read somewhere weeks ago when we loaned him that it's hoped he'd be Harry kanes replacement in future years. Trust me he will be.
He'll be prem ready within 2 years in reckon. Hoping pompey get promoted this season because if we do there's a chance we can keep this kid on loan in the championship next season.

Cheers good to have a team using loans signing properly. We had Kane and Skipp on loan and they ain’t done bad, he is only 18 so you might even get him for a further season as it’s better he plays as much as possible. Good luck for you season.

Jimmy D Jimmy D

He played a few last year and because he didn't have blistering pace or strength I couldn't quite see what he was, didn't write him off but also should have given more credit to his age.

Think your fans can take credit, for cherishing him early doors, giving him confidence.

Play up Pompey!

Yeh cheers mate , everyone at Spurs have very high hopes for Dane and I’m sure his loan with you guys will do him the world of good . Nice to see him banging in the goals . Good luck for the season , look after him!

Cheers mate. Hope you get promoted.

Gotta love these posts, thank you sir :adesalute:

Appreciate your update on Scarlett 👍 Keep them coming.
I hope you get promoted and that Scarlett scores 30+ goals.

Last edited:
I find this case of raising £850 to make Scarlett's time "easier" a bit weird (although, it's a bit vague so I'm not sure what exactly it meant). Why couldn't Spurs as a club just fork out that money for their own player?

Tottenham fan's heartwarming gesture to help Dane Scarlett settle in at Portsmouth​

Dane Scarlett was described as "phenomenal" by former manager Jose Mourinho before also being labelled as Spurs' "best prospect from the academy" by Antonio Conte

Portsmouth-based Tottenham fans are helping on-loan Pompey star Dane Scarlett adapt to life on the South Coast.

The 18-year-old arrived at Fratton Park in July with big expectations after he earned glowing reviews from the likes of Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte.

Scarlett has made three appearances for Danny Cowley's side in the first fortnight of the season including 62 minutes in their shock 3-0 win at Cardiff on Tuesday night in the Carabao Cup.

However, any young player's first loan spell away from their parent club can be daunting, especially when they are removed from the comfortable surroundings that have been a regular feature throughout their childhood.

This is where the Portsmouth Spurs Official Supporters' Club are stepping in to help. They have raised £850 among members to become the official sponsors of Scarlett for the 2022/2023 campaign, with funds going towards the cost of Scarlett's kit for the season, the training facilities he will use and his travel to and from games.

In return, the supporters club will see their logo displayed on Portsmouth's big screen at Fratton Park and in the home matchday programmes as well as receiving an invite to the end of season sponsors' evening where they will meet Scarlett and receive a signed match-worn shirt.

Lee Hickley, treasurer of the Portsmouth Spurs Official Supporters' Club explained: "We wanted to show Dane some love, to make him feel at home on the south coast, as a group we wanted to do something big to show a young talent it’s not just the first team players we love.
https://e7d8d4.llsdzktnxwnnr.com/?network=taboola&subid1=hampshirelive&adtitle=Disse+kredittsjekksfrie+kredittkortene+vil+kanskje+overraske+deg&subid3=1301349&site=hampshirelive&click_id=GiCZoPy_wfu0VLHvukaV8VLCaCU__N6olbjt2MvLE2TBaCDV7FIo-r3wqPSQ7MDPAQ&subid4=el-no-d-cred22no-39562-e0307-tb&kw1=Kredittkort+Uten+Kredittsjekk+Refinansiere+Gjeld+Uten+Sikkerhet&kw2=Kredittkort+Uten+Kredittsjekk&kw3=Kredittkort+Uten+Kredittsjekk+2022&kw4=Kredittkort+Uten+Kredittsjekk+For+Eldre&kw5=Beste+Kredittkort+Uten+Kredittsjekk+2022&kw6=Lån+30000+Med+Betalingsanmerkning+For+Eldre&backfill=0#tblciGiCZoPy_wfu0VLHvukaV8VLCaCU__N6olbjt2MvLE2TBaCDV7FIo-r3wqPSQ7MDPAQ
"Being a Portsmouth-based Spurs official supporters' club it was a no brainier to get involved as he's one of our own and will help to spread awareness of our club in a uniquely positive way."

Last edited:
Looks brilliant, probably better than Kane was at that age....if he continues to progress he'll be our striker to replace Kane too when the time comes

Back
Top Bottom