Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find this case of raising £850 to make Scarlett's time "easier" a bit weird (although, it's a bit vague so I'm not sure what exactly it meant). Why couldn't Spurs as a club just fork out that money for their own player?

I don't think this is as unusual as it looks, a lot of clubs allow fans and companies sponsor a player's kit for the season. It's a nice way to make people feel more invested in the football team. Often in exchange for adverts around the ground, advertising space in the programme etc.

The fact a Spurs Supporter's Club sponsored the kit is canny, it's showing Dane we're still watching and invested in him while he's out on loan. It's also something that should play well with Pompey fans too (though hopefully not in a Klopp embracing Scott Parker as his team turns in to a living car crash kind of way).

I don't think this is as unusual as it looks, a lot of clubs allow fans and companies sponsor a player's kit for the season. It's a nice way to make people feel more invested in the football team. Often in exchange for adverts around the ground, advertising space in the programme etc.

The fact a Spurs Supporter's Club sponsored the kit is canny, it's showing Dane we're still watching and invested in him while he's out on loan. It's also something that should play well with Pompey fans too (though hopefully not in a Klopp embracing Scott Parker as his team turns in to a living car crash kind of way).

It should also hopeful imbue a bit more affection, thus loyalty. As, if he hits big numbers this season on a youngsters contract we could have a lot of chasing clubs offering him the World (was stunned Chelsea offered £50m apparently for a 18-20 year old Southampton signed from City in the summer?!

If he purple patches, hope we offer him much better terms whilst still on loan, pamper the f**k out of him.

Maybe just ignorance on my part then, I seem to remember him getting off to a slow start. Hoping things turn for him in the championship

You might be thinking of the previous year with Millwall. He got injured for them and didn't start a game until November. Didn't have a particularly good loan spell, brought back in January and then sent on loan to Ipswich.

His loan to MK Dons last year was a huge success. He's also being praised a fair bit for Preston this year but still yet to get a goal or assist in the league this season. However, Preston have played 8 league games this season and scored twice.

You might be thinking of the previous year with Millwall. He got injured for them and didn't start a game until November. Didn't have a particularly good loan spell, brought back in January and then sent on loan to Ipswich.

His loan to MK Dons last year was a huge success. He's also being praised a fair bit for Preston this year but still yet to get a goal or assist in the league this season. However, Preston have played 8 league games this season and scored twice.

Poor loan choice, but think he made the decision as other Irish lads were there…

Nice picture of his diving header

Large
Didn't know Bryan Adams played football (Pompey's no 28)

Let's not forget that Parrott got 3 goals and 4 assists in his first 10 league starts last season for MK Dons...

He then spent a lot of the season playing on the wing.
Parrott scored 2 goals in open play in 10 starts vs Scarletts 3 goals in 4 starts and 3 sub apps.

Also should point out that it was Parrott's 2nd season in League 1 after scoring 2 goals in 13 starts (and 5 sub apps) the season before and it took him 9 starts to get his first goal.

Scarlett is doing very well IMO. I still haven't given up on Parrott either.

Looks brilliant, probably better than Kane was at that age....if he continues to progress he'll be our striker to replace Kane too when the time comes
Hard to say, but the season Kane was 18, he scored his first goal for is in the Europa League and then spent the second half of the season on loan in the Championship, where he scored 7 goals in 19 starts (plus 3 games off the bench).

When Kane was 17, he played half a season in league one, scoring 5 goals in 11 starts (plus 7 off the bench).

Scarlett has a better record for the England Youth teams though.

Parrott scored 2 goals in open play in 10 starts vs Scarletts 3 goals in 4 starts and 3 sub apps.

Also should point out that it was Parrott's 2nd season in League 1 after scoring 2 goals in 13 starts (and 5 sub apps) the season before and it took him 9 starts to get his first goal.

Scarlett is doing very well IMO. I still haven't given up on Parrott either.
Parrott is 20-years-old and cannot seem to perform in the Championship. He may be a PL level footballer some day, but I doubt he'd ever be Spurs level.

Back
Top Bottom