Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

youd still expect to see some raw quality though. you could see it with devine when he was 16/17. i know kane didnt exactly knock the world off its feet early doors but he did have size on his side. id expect scarlett to be a lot quicker than he is especially at 19, its not like hes big. hard to see how he does become a premier league striker from here. so far hes not shown anything outstanding on a technical front.

“I’m really excited to get started here,” Dane, who has also signed a new four-year deal with Tottenham today, told TownTV.

“I found out I was officially moving yesterday but the move has been in the works for a few weeks.

“I remember playing against Ipswich last season and it was a good game. I liked the way the team played so I’m really looking forward to being part of that.“

“Dane is a very exciting young forward who the staff and I have known about for a long time,” Kieran McKenna said.

“He is an explosive finisher with both feet and someone who has good movement in the final third. He is also someone who works very well for the team out of possession.

“Dane is ready for his second loan spell having gained a year’s worth of experience with Portsmouth last season, and we feel that puts him in a good position to step up to this level and be an important member of the squad. We’re excited to have him here.”

Dane’s first interview at the Club will be available to watch on TownTV this afternoon.

“I’m really excited to get started here,” Dane, who has also signed a new four-year deal with Tottenham today, told TownTV.

“I found out I was officially moving yesterday but the move has been in the works for a few weeks.

“I remember playing against Ipswich last season and it was a good game. I liked the way the team played so I’m really looking forward to being part of that.“

“Dane is a very exciting young forward who the staff and I have known about for a long time,” Kieran McKenna said.

“He is an explosive finisher with both feet and someone who has good movement in the final third. He is also someone who works very well for the team out of possession.

“Dane is ready for his second loan spell having gained a year’s worth of experience with Portsmouth last season, and we feel that puts him in a good position to step up to this level and be an important member of the squad. We’re excited to have him here.”

Dane’s first interview at the Club will be available to watch on TownTV this afternoon.
Encouraging words from ex-Spur McKenna.

Scarlett: “I found out I was officially moving yesterday but the move has been in the works for a few weeks."

Have we actually done some forward planning with regard to identifying good loan clubs for our best young players?

Encouraging words from ex-Spur McKenna.

Scarlett: “I found out I was officially moving yesterday but the move has been in the works for a few weeks."

Have we actually done some forward planning with regard to identifying good loan clubs for our best young players?
That's a big part of our more fleshed out front office structure, surely.

That's a big part of our more fleshed out front office structure, surely.
It should be.

But most of our loans in the past few seasons have been disastrous, with Nile John's gig at Charlton where they simply refused to play him being a complete clusterfuck that stalled his development.

With the current jewels of our Academy - Devine & Scarlett - there does seem to be some planning in place, which is welcome.

But we have a lot of other good players in our U21s who could do with a loan where they will play competitive men's football - eg Santiago, John, Soonsup-Bell.

Yeah that is strange considering I'd say Devine is a class above from what I've seen so far at least
It is Devine's first loan versus Scarlett's second.

Devine will get loads of minutes and games of first team senior football for the first time in his life. Scarlett will be challenged against better and older players. Perhaps that's the right developmental step for both of them.

Pretty sure McKenna has said Scarlett was one of the best young strikers in the world so hopefully he gets lots of minutes at Ipswich.
I've a funny feeling McKenna may well be managing Scarlett at Spurs in a few years anyway...
So we may well yet get to see if his prediction comes true!!

I've a funny feeling McKenna may well be managing Scarlett at Spurs in a few years anyway...
So we may well yet get to see if his prediction comes true!!
Perhaps. McKenna seems to be highly rated as a coach, and obviously has a Spurs background.

But I remember when Scott Parker was coaching Skipp in the Academy, and some were suggesting Parker would be managing him in our first team in a few years' time.

Obviously, Scotty's coaching career has been a bit, um, bumpy....

Back
Top Bottom