Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Starting to give Kane vibes from these loans.

Kane was a write off for most of his early loans. Then it started to click

Actually Kane's early loans to Orient and Millwall were pretty successful - although at Millwall in the first half of the loan he was played as a CM and winger without many goals/assists but when he was changed to playing 2nd striker he was scoring or getting assists at a fair old rate.

Unlucky with a loan at Norwich where he had a bad injury in his (I think) 2nd game which wasted most of the season and had some numpty as manager a Leicester who paired Kane and Vardy on the bench with very few appearances each despite the manager's favoured striker not scoring !

Starting to give Kane vibes from these loans.

Kane was a write off for most of his early loans. Then it started to click

Yes. One player flopped at loans but succeeded with us = every loan player that fails in loan is just having "Kane vibes", not failed loans, right :D .
Just don't mention the 50 who fail at loans and then go on to fail with us as well :D .

Not every player. I don't even pay attention to every loan player.

Do you?

Ofc I don't.
I'm just having a laugh at the connection that "Bad loan= Kane vibes".
Also like when a newcomer struggles then everyone are eager to say "Oh but look at Son's first season! He will come good like Son!". Even though for every Son there are 30 Nkoudous, Holtbys, Nijes, Janssens, Soldados etcetc :D .

Ofc I don't.
I'm just having a laugh at the connection that "Bad loan= Kane vibes".
Also like when a newcomer struggles then everyone are eager to say "Oh but look at Son's first season! He will come good like Son!". Even though for every Son there are 30 Nkoudous, Holtbys, Nijes, Janssens, Soldados etcetc :D .

Mate, I was full rose-tinted hoping to make any connection at all to Scarlett turning into Kane.

Why not just go along with it?

Mate, I was full rose-tinted hoping to make any connection at all to Scarlett turning into Kane.

Why not just go along with it?

Cause it is funny :D .

I am not saying that we should write off Scarlett. Nor that we should say that he is next Harry Kane.

I cannot help that such laziest-possible connections make me chuckle :D . Cause they are 100% random :D .

Dane Scarlett misses out and is left on the bench as the game is coming to an end in the Championship. Ipswich 2-0 at home to Coventry closing the gap to a point off 1st placed Leicester

Ipswich loan being ended - makes sense as Ipswich in 2nd place in Championship have no incentive to play him

Ipswich Town forward Dane Scarlett is set to be recalled by parent club Tottenham, manager Kieran McKenna has revealed.

The 19-year-old has made 12 sub appearances since joining the Blues totalling 146 minutes of action.

Ipswich loan being ended - makes sense as Ipswich in 2nd place in Championship have no incentive to play him

Ipswich Town forward Dane Scarlett is set to be recalled by parent club Tottenham, manager Kieran McKenna has revealed.

The 19-year-old has made 12 sub appearances since joining the Blues totalling 146 minutes of action.

Played for us in the league cup so can’t go on loan again this season.

Played for us in the league cup so can’t go on loan again this season.

Agreed. Tricky situation - not being played at Ipswich so no point in staying there. Might be at Spurs as emergency forward or maybe just to train with first team and develop his skills

NB. Kane did this, and developed his striking skills changing from 2nd striker(which he had been throughout his youth career and initial loans ) to main striker and improving his shooting skills no end as he showed when breaking through into Spurs first team. Precedent ?

Agreed. Tricky situation - not being played at Ipswich so no point in staying there. Might be at Spurs as emergency forward or maybe just to train with first team and develop his skills

NB. Kane did this, and developed his striking skills changing from 2nd striker to main striker and improving his shooting skills no end as he showed when breaking through into Spurs first team. Precedent ?

Yeah we might as well have him. You just never know.

Yeah said earlier today he wasn't even in the squad against Leeds.

Back
Top Bottom