Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ipswich loan being ended - makes sense as Ipswich in 2nd place in Championship have no incentive to play him

Ipswich Town forward Dane Scarlett is set to be recalled by parent club Tottenham, manager Kieran McKenna has revealed.

The 19-year-old has made 12 sub appearances since joining the Blues totalling 146 minutes of action.

More than he will make at Spurs where he will get 0 sub appearances.

A shame for Scarlett, perhaps he can impress in training and get some minutes here and there.

He won't- he's not good enough right now.
Needs to be playing more games.

We're better off giving every single one of those sparse minutes to Alejo Veliz- who is a much better player right now.

Truthfully though I hope they both are on loan so they can get the game time they need to develop.

Yeah, maybe it means we will loan Veliz somewhere instead and Scarlet will grab his slot as someone between bench and being out of matchday squad.
This was my thinking. If Dane’s only getting sub minutes he could do that here and Veliz may actually be a championship starter.

Not watched them at all but was reading Sunderland have a striking crisis (having to play midfielders up there). Can imagine that could be a mutually beneficial arrangement with Veliz perhaps.

We're better off giving every single one of those sparse minutes to Alejo Veliz- who is a much better player right now.

Truthfully though I hope they both are on loan so they can get the game time they need to develop.
What is your basis for saying Veliz is “much better” than Dane?

I suspect we are recalling him because he is not playing enough for the tractor boys. I doubt there is any other drama.
Yes, but having played for us he is not allowed another loan. So the kid gets left in limbo.

It wouldn’t surprise me (given our history) to see him recalled and then hear via the press we didn’t realise we couldn’t loan him elsewhere! There can be no excuse for such administrative errors going forward now we have such a deep set of Administrators in place.

Guess we have just decided 6months of first team training under Ange, with the odd few minutes possibly here and there are better than being on Ipswich’s bench (be typical we recall him then Ipswich will get a couple of long term striker injuries!).

Are there rules which limit how many clubs a player can play for in one season?​

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.
However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

We can’t loan Scarlett again and Veliz needs minutes.

We wouldn’t lose much by sending Veliz on loan and using Scarlett in the minutes he gets

What is your basis for saying Veliz is “much better” than Dane?
Because he’s been a regular and scored goals in the top division in Argentina. We’ve not seen him in our colours yet because a handful of minutes here and there means we can’t judge him. Scarlett not really featuring much for Ipswich is a red flag but for some to think he can come back and get on the pitch for us is stupidity.

I know he can't play for another club in England due to playing for both us and Ipswich.

Does that rule extend across Europe? Wonder if we could find a European loan for him at all if he can?

Because he’s been a regular and scored goals in the top division in Argentina. We’ve not seen him in our colours yet because a handful of minutes here and there means we can’t judge him. Scarlett not really featuring much for Ipswich is a red flag but for some to think he can come back and get on the pitch for us is stupidity.

He can get the minutes that Veliz currently gets, which is almost none.

Both need a loan but we can't loan Scarlett so it probably has to be Veliz that goes out. Could see Ange using Johnson as a 9 in January before using either of Veliz or Scarlett tbh.

Back
Top Bottom