Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since you instigated the debate, you find ONE single post where I supported it.

I said at the time he was only employed to take the bullets when the shit hits the fan. And you've clearly proven my point for me in your previous post laying all the blame at Paratici's door.

Thanks
You’ve made my point quite well, were you against the appointment?

We're cursed with him. He's probably using club funds to pursue intensive stem-cell therapies to reverse his aging and prolong his life-span.

He built us a beautiful stadium. He should have left it at that and rode off into the sunset on something resembling a high note.

14th
9th
5th
5th
11th
8th
4th
5th
4th
5th with a record of 72 points

These are our league positions since ENIC took Spurs into private ownership in 2003. ENIC and Daniel Levy has taken us from mid table nobodies to a top club. We have broken into the top4 that people assumed was impossible. On the journey, there's been some bad luck as well. Lasagnegate, Chelsea winning the CL, 72 points not being enough for the first time in ages etc. Not to mention that Chelsea and Man City all of a sudden had billions of money to spend while Levy had to run a business properly.

We've also got the best training facilities in England, and although it's taking much longer than planned we're likely to get a brand new stadium as well. We would have all wanted to see the stadium ready next season, but Levy is careful not to put us in a situation we cannot handle financially.

Considering how far we've come since the Sugar years, I find it amazing that he gets 10 times more criticism than praise. Levy has made plenty of mistakes, but he seems to have learnt from them. I would have confronted him with anger if I saw him on the streets during the Stratford saga and probably last January as well, but looking at the bigger picture I certainly wouldn't have swapped him for any other chairman.

Only 1 disagree, 48 agree/like/thanks (2013)

Tottenham should have sued Jamie Carragher for saying Harry Kane gets preferencial treatment from refs coz he is England captain.

Where is Carragher's proof? He said that coz in his bias for his old club Kane wasn't sent off for a lunging tackle early in the match, while Liverpoo's Robertson was sent off for a blatant kick! Normally Sky accepts the differences in refereeing judgements but Carragher would not and alleged some sort of conspiracy.

But the evidence is that Kane gets constantly fouled every game by defenders that fear him. He hardly ever gets a free kick, while other teams can dive easily and get 'soft' free kicks.

Kane was elbowed by Chelsea's Sarr very clearly and deliberately in the cheekbone. It could have been a Gary Mabbutt moment, but luckily Harry was ok. Sky barely analyzed it even when it was replayed, and Sarr smirked openly when the ref only booked him (and VAR never told the ref to look at it again).

Kane is getting so many goals chalked off for the smallest margin of offside, something they promised to stop doing. He had the proper goal disallowed coz Thiago Silva dived when he played Chelsea just now. So where is this preferencial treatment???

I don't know why Daniel Levy doesn't put someone in Spurs' legal team to stand up for his players. Kane is Tottenham's biggest single asset apart from the ground itself and Levy should be doing much more to protect him from various smear campaigns. How Carragher was allowed to smear Harry Kane and no legal action taken is how Spurs continue to put out mealy-mouthed statements which the media call 'measured' when they don't defend anything happening against their club, their fans, or their players.

We're cursed with him. He's probably using club funds to pursue intensive stem-cell therapies to reverse his aging and prolong his life-span.

He built us a beautiful stadium. He should have left it at that and rode off into the sunset on something resembling a high note.

He didn't build us a beautiful stadium.

He borrowed money off the back of us. Gave it to an Aussie manufacturer of stadiums then fucked about and tinkered and brought in the nfl ffs. Then added double to the cost and delivered it 2 years too late.

He's a dumb cunt.

He didn't build us a beautiful stadium.

He borrowed money off the back of us. Gave it to an Aussie manufacturer of stadiums then fucked about and tinkered and brought in the nfl ffs. Then added double to the cost and delivered it 2 years too late.

He's a dumb cunt.
See, this is where the criticisms of Levy become hysterical.

He delivered a beautiful stadium. That's a fact and anyone arguing otherwise is doing damage to their own criticisms toward Levy. There were pitfalls in the construction that created entirely predictable delays which is the case with the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of large construction projects, but we have probably the best stadium in the world at the moment and if Levy had used that as an opportune moment to retire, it would have been a special legacy to leave behind.

But no, Levy can't leave well enough alone. That will be his legacy. He's his own worst fucking enemy.

Back
Top Bottom