Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See, this is where the criticisms of Levy become hysterical.

He delivered a beautiful stadium. That's a fact and anyone arguing otherwise is doing damage to their own criticisms toward Levy. There were pitfalls in the construction that created entirely predictable delays which is the case with the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of large construction projects, but we have probably the best stadium in the world at the moment and if Levy had used that as an opportune moment to retire, it would have been a special legacy to leave behind.

But no, Levy can't leave well enough alone. That will be his legacy. He's his own worst fucking enemy.

No. I'm dealing in facts.

It was 2 years late BECAUSE of his fucking about. So extreme were they that Mace who were on one of the strictest overrun contracts in stadium history didn't have to pay a penny.

It also cost double the original amount.

Its not the work of a genius. I daresay I could give you 1 billion pounds and you'd deliver too. Probably earlier and cheaper too.

See, this is where the criticisms of Levy become hysterical.

He delivered a beautiful stadium. That's a fact and anyone arguing otherwise is doing damage to their own criticisms toward Levy. There were pitfalls in the construction that created entirely predictable delays which is the case with the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of large construction projects, but we have probably the best stadium in the world at the moment and if Levy had used that as an opportune moment to retire, it would have been a special legacy to leave behind.

But no, Levy can't leave well enough alone. That will be his legacy. He's his own worst fucking enemy.

He then used the stadium as collateral and bought more land to develop.

Still don't forget its on our dime. And in our name. But it's not actually in our name. We have the debt. Not the asset.

The idiot cunt had 2 extra years to secure a stadium name. To bring in 300 to 400m over a ten year period from sponsorship.

He could have sold Kane. A wanataway I was screaming sell in June/July get the 120 to 140m for him. Look how that's turned out....

A war chest of 420 to 520 million pounds to plunder the open and desperate European leagues last summer. With a manager like Conte.... But no. He chose a failed manager wolves sacked.... With no funds....

Our probably only ever chance to compete with the oil and gas countries in my lifetime. And build a legacy of such respect that we could have maintained it with the stadium revenues and club achievements for a decade under the right stewardship.

But no. He's a dumb cunt. Or as I have always maintained. A guy that knows he has a conveyor belt of suckers happy to pay him to build an empire in Spurs name that actually had nothing to do with Spurs or its team or its supporters. He's not an investor. He's a pirate.

Keep paying money to Enic....

Fucking clueless. Anyone that can't see how shit he is after 2 decades is either insane or has Stockholm Syndrome.

The stadium is losing more money than any other stadium in the Pl btw.

Genius!

He then used the stadium as collateral and bought more land to develop.

Still don't forget its on our dime. And in our name. But it's not actually in our name. We have the debt. Not the asset.

The idiot cunt had 2 extra years to secure a stadium name. To bring in 300 to 400m over a ten year period from sponsorship.

He could have sold Kane. A wanataway I was screaming sell in June/July get the 120 to 140m for him. Look how that's turned out....

A war chest of 420 to 520 million pounds to plunder the open and desperate European leagues last summer. With a manager like Conte.... But no. He chose a failed manager wolves sacked.... With no funds....

Our probably only ever chance to compete with the oil and gas countries in my lifetime. And build a legacy of such respect that we could have maintained it with the stadium revenues and club achievements for a decade under the right stewardship.

But no. He's a dumb cunt. Or as I have always maintained. A guy that knows he has a conveyor belt of suckers happy to pay him to build an empire in Spurs name that actually had nothing to do with Spurs or its team or its supporters. He's not an investor. He's a pirate.

Keep paying money to Enic....

Fucking clueless. Anyone that can't see how shit he is after 2 decades is either insane or has Stockholm Syndrome.

The stadium is losing more money than any other stadium in the Pl btw.

Genius!
Are you ok?

Conte will tell him to fuck off in months. An incompetent of the highest order, knows fuck all about football. Should had never left the accounting part of the club, it’s the only thing he’s good.
I'm afraid to say he's not even a good accountant.

He's created a persona now that everyone is looking to pull a fast one over the great negotiator that is Daniel levy our Lord and saviour.
It is royally backfiring on him and reflecting in the accounting books too.

Even some of his business decisions are odd. He's sounded out lots of companies to get naming rights but has valued the club way beyond anything a legitimate buyer would pay.
The uber rich (the only people who can afford to pay the valuation) aren't going to want to buy us, they've made their money, they have no interest in us. So he's priced himself out of that market.

His morals are also off. Reminder this is the same guy who wanted to cut wages of our non-playing staff during the pandemic whilst he himself is happy to give himself millions each year, including bonuses.

As with most businesses, covid has thrown a spanner into his business of using the stadium as a cash cow. But everyone knows this money is not going to be invested in the team.

I think ENIC have made the decision that they will not be able to financially compete with Chelsea, City, Newcastle and United. So they will take what they can get from the stadium which is enough profit to keep them going.

The football operation is just going to survive although matchday revenues will not be anything like what levy intended when the stadium opened. Hence from a business point here he's not made a good decision because he has failed to realise that to maximise profits which are his intentions he needs to invest in on field football operations to ensure fans fill out the stadium.

Just my opinion but by the time international travel fully recovers from covid, the casual tourist fan who levy was banking on will no longer want to attend because the footballing side will be such a shit show it won't be worth a tourist spending that much money. I'm sure the big games will get sold out against the top 6 but none of the others will.

The attendances at home from now to the end of the season will be on average 40-50k IMO.

Get outta my club!

3454D78200000578-3596432-image-a-15_1463567608817.jpg

I'm afraid to say he's not even a good accountant.

He's created a persona now that everyone is looking to pull a fast one over the great negotiator that is Daniel levy our Lord and saviour.
It is royally backfiring on him and reflecting in the accounting books too.

Even some of his business decisions are odd. He's sounded out lots of companies to get naming rights but has valued the club way beyond anything a legitimate buyer would pay.
The uber rich (the only people who can afford to pay the valuation) aren't going to want to buy us, they've made their money, they have no interest in us. So he's priced himself out of that market.

His morals are also off. Reminder this is the same guy who wanted to cut wages of our non-playing staff during the pandemic whilst he himself is happy to give himself millions each year, including bonuses.

As with most businesses, covid has thrown a spanner into his business of using the stadium as a cash cow. But everyone knows this money is not going to be invested in the team.

I think ENIC have made the decision that they will not be able to financially compete with Chelsea, City, Newcastle and United. So they will take what they can get from the stadium which is enough profit to keep them going.

The football operation is just going to survive although matchday revenues will not be anything like what levy intended when the stadium opened. Hence from a business point here he's not made a good decision because he has failed to realise that to maximise profits which are his intentions he needs to invest in on field football operations to ensure fans fill out the stadium.

Just my opinion but by the time international travel fully recovers from covid, the casual tourist fan who levy was banking on will no longer want to attend because the footballing side will be such a shit show it won't be worth a tourist spending that much money. I'm sure the big games will get sold out against the top 6 but none of the others will.

The attendances at home from now to the end of the season will be on average 40-50k IMO.

You wont make money from football operations. Its negative cashflows to compete. You make money when you come to sell and take the capital gain. I wish they would do this a fuck off.

You're also right that the team sells the tickets. Not the stadium. People dont spend a fortune to watch a stadium. The actual entertainment piece, the team. Stinks.

Its the equivalent of Gordon Ramsey hiring the poshest venue in london, charging hundreds of pounds for fish and chips. You'd think Levy would have more sense than that.

You wont make money from football operations. Its negative cashflows to compete. You make money when you come to sell and take the capital gain. I wish they would do this a fuck off.

You're also right that the team sells the tickets. Not the stadium. People dont spend a fortune to watch a stadium. The actual entertainment piece, the team. Stinks.

Its the equivalent of Gordon Ramsey hiring the poshest venue in london, charging hundreds of pounds for fish and chips. You'd think Levy would have more sense than that.
Yes, but the revenue loss will be compounded by the fact that the stadium is not being filled out. So less ticket revenue, food, merchandise etc.

Are you ok?

Oh my man. I'm fine. I'm looking forward to seeing my local team today.

I will take my children to gymnastics... Actually thats a lie. She will. I will lay in bed. Then she will come home. I will play with them. Show them my latest magic tricks. Walk into town. Get some maple flavoured pork ribs and a rib of beef for Sunday.

Take the children to out to the park or the lakes..

But it's all perfect. I love my simple life.

Last edited:
Not disagreeing. Agree 100pc. What I'm saying is Lev is crazy to think he can sell 60k tickets a week without providing good players to watch.

People are not going to pay that money for ever to watch plodders like most of our team.
For sure. This is my biggest grievance with Levy.

Even if I put myself in his shoes, his strategy makes no sense.

He is reliant on the fans for money, the fans pay to watch the team. Ergo the team requires investment.

The saying a club is nothing without its fans is so true in so many ways.

I remember the days Alan Sugar ran Tottenham. The first thing he did was sack a great manager in Terry Venables who also did a terrific Euro '96 and be betrayed by the FA.

Sugar then got rid of Razor Ruddock, Teddy Sheringham, Gazza, Lineker and basically all Spurs best players and then hired a gooner George Graham. Graham got rid of David Ginola and Spurs had no skillful players just grinders. Because Sugar was getting flack from proper, genuine, thinking Tottenham fans, he hired Ossie Ardilles as head coach who had never coached before.

The end of season Spurs were going down but that was partly coz of a revolt in the club about the sacking of Venables, but then the players tried harder and thrashed every team and easily avoided the drop. Then, coz of fan pressure, Sugar brought Jurgen Klinsmann to the club. Then we had "KLINSMANIA" which excited every team in the Premier League, when Spurs turned up it was an entertainment feast!

It was going so well that when Ardilles lost one match Sugar sacked him. Sugar also allowed his daughter to marry David Dein's son in a weird marriage of union between 2 opposing clubs.

Yet some Spurs fans actually like Alan Sugar?!!?

I'm wondering it this the same again, Daniel Levy being Alan Sugar, pretending to do his best for Tottenham but also keeping them down by allowing the PL and FA to constantly cheat Spurs and the media like Sky to smear certain players and create a fake narrative against the club?

I really wonder....

The problem isn't Paratici. Paratici doesn't have the funds to make transfers happen. He's the DoF, not the owner or the Chairman. Guess who are those 2 bastards...
I’d say that the problem is partly Parataci if all he’s going to look at are the squad players he brought into a very mediocre Juve team. I thought he had a below average summer window which didn’t improve the starting XI, he got fleeced by Barca and has missed some really useful prospects, most of whom play outside of Italy.

At this point, I’m not sure how much credit for building the Juventus team of the 2010s should go to him or Marotta who has since made Inter champions.

I’d say that the problem is partly Parataci if all he’s going to look at are the squad players he brought into a very mediocre Juve team. I thought he had a below average summer window which didn’t improve the starting XI, he got fleeced by Barca and has missed some really useful prospects, most of whom play outside of Italy.

At this point, I’m not sure how much credit for building the Juventus team of the 2010s should go to him or Marotta who has since made Inter champions.
If you check my Paratici post history, even before he came I said that the brains behind that team was Marotta. However, Paratici's being fed to the wolves here. He has almost nothing to work with, because the cunt above him will either veto everything or fuck the transfers up with his stupid negotiation tactics. I didn't think Paratici was that good of an appointment when we approached him, but I certainly don't blame him for the shitshow here.

I remember the days Alan Sugar ran Tottenham. The first thing he did was sack a great manager in Terry Venables who also did a terrific Euro '96 and be betrayed by the FA.

Sugar then got rid of Razor Ruddock, Teddy Sheringham, Gazza, Lineker and basically all Spurs best players and then hired a gooner George Graham. Graham got rid of David Ginola and Spurs had no skillful players just grinders. Because Sugar was getting flack from proper, genuine, thinking Tottenham fans, he hired Ossie Ardilles as head coach who had never coached before.

The end of season Spurs were going down but that was partly coz of a revolt in the club about the sacking of Venables, but then the players tried harder and thrashed every team and easily avoided the drop. Then, coz of fan pressure, Sugar brought Jurgen Klinsmann to the club. Then we had "KLINSMANIA" which excited every team in the Premier League, when Spurs turned up it was an entertainment feast!

It was going so well that when Ardilles lost one match Sugar sacked him. Sugar also allowed his daughter to marry David Dein's son in a weird marriage of union between 2 opposing clubs.

Yet some Spurs fans actually like Alan Sugar?!!?

I'm wondering it this the same again, Daniel Levy being Alan Sugar, pretending to do his best for Tottenham but also keeping them down by allowing the PL and FA to constantly cheat Spurs and the media like Sky to smear certain players and create a fake narrative against the club?

I really wonder....
If immortality was a reality, youd still be saying this 100 years from now

Have Relationship With Daniel Levy – Tottenham Star On Staying Put​

Hugo Lloris has insisted that staying at Tottenham Hotspur was always his priority and his relationship with Daniel Levy made the decision to sign a new contract easier.

The 35-year-old signed a new contract in January that is set to keep him at Tottenham until the end of the 2023/24 season.

Lloris has been at Tottenham since 2012 and has made more than 400 appearances for the north London club.

There were a few clubs who were looking to sign him in the summer on a free transfer but that speculation ended with him signing the new deal.

And the goalkeeper stressed that staying at Tottenham was always the priority and so he never really gave the prospect of being a free agent a serious thought.

He admitted that Antonio Conte’s arrival made the scenario a bit clearer for him as well but stressed that it was his relationship with Spurs chairman Levy that ultimately made him stay.

Lloris told French sports daily L’Equipe: “Staying was always my first option, otherwise I would have thought about something else.

“But deep down that is what I wanted.

“I am in the Premier League and while the team were up and down for two seasons, we have become competitive again with Antonio Conte.

“I don’t know [whether Conte’s arrival played a role] but things were clear with him from the start.

“I also have this relationship with Daniel Levy, even if Fabio Paratici arrived and is responsible for the sports department now.”

Despite being 35, Lloris has seen off a number of challengers to his spot and remained the undisputed number one at Tottenham.

Daniel Levy will appear alongside Ange Postecoglou in Tottenham Fans Forum for the first time in over five years after tumultuous 12 months​

• Daniel Levy will appear on a five person panel at Tottenham's next Fans Forum
  • The club are currently flying in the Premier League with four wins and a draw
  • Listen to the latest episode of Mail Sport's podcast It's All Kicking Off!
By DOMINIC HOGAN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:59 BST, 18 September 2023 |

Daniel Levy will make his first Fans Forum appearance in over five years on Tuesday after 12 months of change and tumult at Tottenham.
In the last year, Levy's Tottenham have had three permanent managers in the dugout, sold their record goal scorer and perhaps best ever player, and seen their own director banned from football by FIFA.
As a result, at times last season there were many calling for Levy to leave the club, after a long tenure as the north London club's chairman.

Back
Top Bottom