Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please don’t sell Danny Rose, our longest serving player in this squad. He’s had his highs and lows but he’s rarely let us down after being much maligned.
I'm guessing but think this would be more about him than us. It was him that wanted out a while ago, he stayed either because no one came in for him (or if they did not at the price we valued him at) or we persuaded him to stay for another year then he can get his move.

Hadn't seen Gullit's comments before now but just looked them up... fuck me. Not even analytical at all, incredibly disrespectful and glad Rose has told him to go fuck himself.

Egder Davids wasn't much better when on BT Sports during the first game. Just slated English football and basically called us long ball merchants. Totally dismissed out of hand even the prospect of the Scousers beating Barca before a ball had been kicked in the first leg. Glad they didn't invite him back, and these Dutch ex player pundits can fuck off back under a rock now Dutch football's moment in the sun is gone. I mean, fucking hell, we've seen Vincent Janssen play so who do these Dutch total football wankers think they're kidding?

Danny is a young man with some real mental health issues....let’s never forget that.
Depression is no joke, and you see that those massive smiles have gone.

I saw a glimmer.....it was Kane that got it out of him. Very touching.
I can’t imagine what he feels but to get out of bed every day and pull on our shirt and drag us into the CL final, he’s a hero.

When we win the Champions League there are a few players who might see that as a good time to move on ... possible CL Final starters Danny, Tripps, Eriksen, Toby probably all leaving us ... life will go on.

Got a special type of love for Rose. Struggled/struggling with mental health issues of my own and I see him as a hero of mine. Hope he stays and retires here.

Agreed mate and it must take a special sort of courage to come out and address mental health issues so publicly as Danny has

I hope he plays a blinder in the final and gets rewarded with a new contract to finish his career with us

I hope your problems are in the past

Danny is a young man with some real mental health issues....let’s never forget that.
Depression is no joke, and you see that those massive smiles have gone.

I saw a glimmer.....it was Kane that got it out of him. Very touching.
I can’t imagine what he feels but to get out of bed every day and pull on our shirt and drag us into the CL final, he’s a hero.
The biggest apparent change in him this year has been one of a positive mindset. I'm basing this purely as a fan that reads the papers etc so 90% chance I'm talking out of my arse. But I will never forget when we were absolutely clicking, playing beautiful football and swatting teams aside with ease (but still a work in progress of being a fucking bastard team to beat like now) when it came to light that both he and Lamela were close and they were having dinner together and it was Lamela that had to convince him that we were good enough to win the title, that Lamela had this belief and Rose didn't. I found surprising.

If you listen to his comments this year he is talking about belief, saying stuff like "why not" when asked about our chances in 'X', 'Y' or 'Z'.

For me, he's a straight-talking no-nonsense bloke. Ask him a question and you'll get your answer, unfiltered and one that might make the toes of the PR team curl. He's the Geoffrey Boycott of football.

Without any doubt within his bubble is one of 'them against us', 'me against you' attitude. Probably by design, someone is pinning up newspaper clippings of people bad mouthing, gloating at his or our expense. Whilst this might not be anything to do with his natural mental state I think it does have some way to fuel/shape or contribute to it.

I’ll never forget this. I’ll always have love for him

I was absolutely plumb in line behind this shot and up out of my seat celebrating before it crossed the line. Will live with me for a very long time. What I think also heightened its magnificence was the crowd went from noisy to quite just as the corner was taken, when the ball fell to him the noise level dropped even further to a millisecond of silence as 37k people knew he was going for it, enough for that lovely sound of the ball being hit, like a giant sack of spuds being dropped from the roof of a building. Then scenes.

Tottenham and England left-back Danny Rose says he will "sign off in style" if next month's Champions League final is his last match for Spurs. Rose, 28, added that he keeps "seeing that I'm being sold". (Mirror)
Except that I see no reason why we’d sell him. If he was shit then there was a possibility, but he’s playing good and we have other priorities to strengthen anyway.

Except that I see no reason why we’d sell him. If he was shit then there was a possibility, but he’s playing good and we have other priorities to strengthen anyway.

Maybe he wants to go. He has talked before about wanting to go back up north to be closed to family and friends. He might be one of those players that Poch said came to him last summer saying they wanted to move.

As we know now Danny is a fragile character and tbh he has done his time at Spurs, over 10 years so it's he what's to go he should be able to. For a reasonable fee of course:levystare:

Maybe he wants to go. He has talked before about wanting to go back up north to be closed to family and friends. He might be one of those players that Poch said came to him last summer saying they wanted to move.

As we know now Danny is a fragile character and tbh he has done his time at Spurs, over 10 years so it's he what's to go he should be able to. For a reasonable fee of course:levystare:
Well in the article it sounds like he could be sold without him necessarily agreeing that move. Idk.

Back
Top Bottom