Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That settles it then. Our Marquee signing....

maxresdefault.jpg
Although I marked this as funny, why not, surely Messi knows that Spurs and Argentinians go together like tea and toast (I used that comparison as that's just what I'm having)

Rose will have an idea on other players thinking such as Walker and Kane but I really do not think he will have any more idea than us as to the transfer policy of Levy/Poch. If players knew targets then the leaks would be ridiculous.

Although I marked this as funny, why not, surely Messi knows that Spurs and Argentinians go together like tea and toast (I used that comparison as that's just what I'm having)
Absolutely why not. Wembley is a world stage befitting a world class player. We have Champions league football. An Argentine manager. Kane and Dele. The exposure of the club, the merchandise and shirt sales ?.... Surely this would offset the £££s needed to bring him here. Think Big and we become Big

Absolutely why not. Wembley is a world stage befitting a world class player. We have Champions league football. An Argentine manager. Kane and Dele. The exposure of the club, the merchandise and shirt sales ?.... Surely this would offset the £££s needed to bring him here. Think Big and we become Big

LOL.... If we didn't win the league in his first season we'd likely face complete financial ruin!

We have World class players in the side mate ( I hate the term as it's subjective) but how many Chelsea, Man U, Woolwich, Liverpool players get into our first 11, position for position? For me the only individuals I rate higher than some of ours would be at Citeh and that would be just in attack but from what I've seen of them their application would be a question mark.

Boy talks alot of sense. Love what he says about Kane. Confirms my fear that some players might feel we are a 'nearly' club. Silverware absolutely vital next season IMHO.
Errrrr well Levy and the fans can't win cups.
If silverwear is a must, it's a bit rich that the players who lost to Gent and Liverpools under 16s then all fuck off somewhere else.

You want the title, go win it, like Leicester did with a load of shit

Enjoyed the interview, but damn, those soundbites have just fed the tabloids (and our insecurities) for the rest of the summer.

Can't believe even Rose just played the "lucky with injuries" card. Fucking hell, he himself has been out since January.

Didn't like any of that interview. Should just get on with his job imo

Can't believe even Rose just played the "lucky with injuries" card. Fucking hell, he himself has been out since January.

It's really odd, I really liked the interview. I get the points on the sound bites, but what's new with the press? Anything said is spun any which way they want. I didn't hear the injury bit which given our season I admit is a bit contrary. With the comments about players leaving, without actually saying "leaving for double bubble" there really is nothing else he could say in my opinion.

It's really odd, I really liked the interview. I get the points on the sound bites, but what's new with the press? Anything said is spun any which way they want. I didn't hear the injury bit which given our season I admit is a bit contrary. With the comments about players leaving, without actually saying "leaving for double bubble" there really is nothing else he could say in my opinion.

Yeh, I don't blame Danny... Our press office have nothing to complain about.... Jenas or not; those guys were all there in a journalistic capacity.... The difficult issues were always gonna raise their head... Rose did all you can expect given the narrative surrounding Spurs. The only way to avoid is DON'T send him to do the interview to start with.

Can't believe even Rose just played the "lucky with injuries" card. Fucking hell, he himself has been out since January

Don't recall that part specifically.... You suggesting he was saying WE were lucky with injuries?

All I recall on a similar front is him praising the ethic of the rest of the team 'stepping up' in Harry's absence.

Yeh, I don't blame Danny... Our press office have nothing to complain about.... Jenas or not; those guys were all there in a journalistic capacity.... The difficult issues were always gonna raise their head... Rose did all you can expect given the narrative surrounding Spurs. The only way to avoid is DON'T send him to do the interview to start with.
Agree but I'm glad they did. Out of all our players Rose is possibly one of the more intriguing ones and I've probably enjoyed his interviews more than anyone else.

Agree but I'm glad they did. Out of all our players Rose is possibly one of the more intriguing ones and I've probably enjoyed his interviews more than anyone else.

Me too...

He is indeed intriguing... Seems quite mellow, thoughtful and understated in conversation, BUT a real firey player on the pitch.

LOL.... If we didn't win the league in his first season we'd likely face complete financial ruin!
Why would we ?.... the prize money for winning the league is peanuts compared to the global exposure, merchandise revenues, international fan base growth etc.. that would come with having Lionel Messi in the team. Plus the added revenues from packing out Wembley each week. Don't see why failing to win the title would jeopardise any of that. And of course, we would enhance our chances winning it with him in the team

I liked it, but agree we haven't been lucky with injuries. I think he meant that the team know that an injury to a key player like Kane or Eriksen hurts us. But I find this argument odd to be honest, let's face it if Chelsea lost Hazard to injury that would hurt them just as fucking much. I don't think our squad depth is that bad, but I am sure Rose is right that we could and should improve it.

I'd personally prefer our players not to fuel rumours though, it's not like the media need encouraging.

I liked it, but agree we haven't been lucky with injuries. I think he meant that the team know that an injury to a key player like Kane or Eriksen hurts us. But I find this argument odd to be honest, let's face it if Chelsea lost Hazard to injury that would hurt them just as fucking much. I don't think our squad depth is that bad, but I am sure Rose is right that we could and should improve it.

I'd personally prefer our players not to fuel rumours though, it's not like the media need encouraging.
I just find it odd that he picked pretty much the only two players who didn't get injured to highlight our lack of depth.

"What if Dele or Eriksen got injured?"

What if Kane missed 11 weeks? Lamela 10 months....what if Jan and Toby were injured?
Rose himself missed 4 months....Dembele 6 weeks suspended, Walker 3 weeks.
We just beat Leicester 6-1 away and Eriksen didn't get a game....

Pisses me off to be honest. Chelsea would have finished 10th with half those injuries.

What marquee signings do we need Danny?

The team just won 12 of the last 13 games without you. Maybe reign it in a bit..

Last edited:
Errrrr well Levy and the fans can't win cups.
If silverwear is a must, it's a bit rich that the players who lost to Gent and Liverpools under 16s then all fuck off somewhere else.

You want the title, go win it, like Leicester did with a load of shit

More likely that the 'star' players feel that they are pulling the strings and lack of quality in depth (as Rose candidly states) might stop them from winning something.

Also, Poch can certainly prioritise the most likely path to silverware. Fucks sake, even Woolwich have something shiny to flash about after their mediocre season.

Back
Top Bottom