Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're right we didn't struggle but I also don't feel we maximise our full potential..

No way Rose is dropped for Son in an FA Cup semi final for example.

Of course, and I rate Davies as equal to the likes of Tarricco - hell, I even prefer naughts because he was at least versatile. I'm just looking at it like "at least it's not Hugo, Jan, Toby, Alli, Eriksen,Kane,Dembo, or Vic", as we are noticeably weaker without them.
Oddly enough, our wingbacks proved last season to not be the be all and end all, so we could hopefully replace and, who knows, improve?

What an idiotic question. If Levy moved on or was moved on he would be replaced by a highly-qualified, highly-experienced CEO with a CV as long as the High Road. I can guarantee that no one, under normal circumstances (ie not friends or family, didn't work for said man's former company etc) will have heard of him. Just as most without an interest in business or the company concerned could tell you who Satya Nadella is without googling.

It's not like replacing managers or players, where there is a relatively small pool of candidates who we all know of to a greater or lesser extent.

We know that Eddie Howe is a pretty good manager and that Tony Adams is a fucking shit one because we're football fans, not corporate boardroom fans

We know that Daniel Levy and Hugh Jenkins are decent chairman and we also know Peter Ridsdale and David Gold are or were appalling because we are football fans.

I'm not convinced by your logic that a CEO of another company however good would necessarily be good at running a football club.

It's DID graham or I'd have done.

It's petty I know but this "He done well" is everywhere these days & it's WRONG. I agree with the rest of it though
"If I had done..." to be strictly accurate. It's a "3rd Conditional", AKA "Past Conditional" sentence, formed using the past perfect tense in the "If" clause and the perfect conditional in the outcome.

:llorishowudoin:

Last edited:
We know that Daniel Levy and Hugh Jenkins are decent chairman and we also know Peter Ridsdale and David Gold are or were appalling because we are football fans.

I'm not convinced by your logic that a CEO of another company however good would necessarily be good at running a football club.
Not exactly, Chairmen very rarely move between clubs like players and managers (and other middle management) do. The dildo twins are the exception rather than the rule. We'd be unlikely to poach Huw Jenkins if Levy left, mainly I suppose because he isn't a Tottenham man

I'm usually in favour of letting people go when it has come to the point that they put in a transfer request. If so, they are probably not motivated to play for the club anymore, they've turned their back on it, and even though their motivation may mostly be money in some cases, they should just be let go if the club can get a decent price.

This cunt though! I've heard that if you hand in a transfer request, you can wave goodbye to a loyalty fee, or some such shit, that you've been promised when signing the contract. It seems this fucking interview is a way of forcing a transfer without handing in such a request. He pisses on the entire club, and particularly the statement that everyone in the team is underpaid is a serious fucking under-the-belt blow.

Having to forego £50 million to prove a point us usually not good business, and we could use the money. But I do hope the club demands he trains alone in a fungus-infested old basement for the remainder of his contract.

This sort of piece-of-shittery should not be tolerated at any point, and certainly not two days ahead of an exciting season following our best one ever in tje premier league.

What a fucking cunt.

He knows what he's worth? He keeps going on about it, but apparently he doesn't know. Danny, you're not worth more than any other human being. Not worth more than your chairman, your manager, any of you teammates or any of your fans. We're all worth the same. You, though, get paid more in a week than most of your fans does in a year. I get that you can get more elsewhere. But pissing on the people who've made you and who've supported and loved you, to get it?

Pissing on the club that has stuck by you and developed you, while paying you handsomely, the club that allowed you your chances, not buying a name you wouldn't have to google to replace you when you weren't consistent, just so you can get a little bit more money, you fucking cunt?

I hope you get irritable bowel syndrome, you piece of shit.

Rose. Cries and still harbours on about the hate he got on twitter when signing a new contract four years ago.

Then gives the interview to get the exact same hate again.

:roseunsure:

To be fair he does say he wants trophies and to be in the starting eleven at a world cup and if he plays well this season that will all fall into place.

That is exactly why a trophy is more important than finishing in the top four. Both is obviously brilliant.

To be fair he does say he wants trophies and to be in the starting eleven at a world cup and if he plays well this season that will all fall into place.

That is exactly why a trophy is more important than finishing in the top four. Both is obviously brilliant.
If we would have won a trophy last year, they still would be off mate. If we would have won the League they will be off.

No matter how you look at it. Rose says he wants to win a trophy in his career, well had he achieved that last year then he has fulfilled his ambition, he can then retire knowing that he has a medal to show his grandchildren, with this in mind he can go to City/Manure and triple his wages with his ambition already met.

Back
Top Bottom