Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two matches in 6 months?

We were consistently better after Christmas
I was talking pure football performance. I said nothing about results before or after that. I get the most enjoyment out of us seeing us smash our rivals, I don't know how any other fan could disagree with that.

Yesterday's Guardian...

BABY, I COMPARE YOU TO A DISS FROM A ROSE …

The Fiver loves Spurs. They give hope to habitual losers around the world that, one day, they too might finish second. In our case, they allow us to dream that one day the phrase “Lads, it’s The Fiver” will be met with something other than a weary sigh or the confused question: “Is that thing still going? I thought they put it out of its misery years ago.” In addition to that, Spurs are an antidote to the tedious excess of modern football and modern society. Their low-key, financially responsible excellence makes them the most admirable club in the country. That’s one interpretation, anyway. The other is that SPURS GOTTA BUY SOMEONE QUICKSMART BECAUSE DANNY WANTS A NEW TOY TO PLAY WITH.

Yes, Danny Rose, Spurs’ knacked left-back, has only gone and opened his mouth without checking what was going to fall out. In an interview with the Sun, Rose announced that he wants more money, he wants Spurs to spend more money, he wants Spurs to go back in time and not sell Kyle Walker, and he wants to play up north before he retires. “I am not saying buy 10 players, I’d love to see two or three – and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players,” parped the world-renowned left-back.

The whole point of Spurs is that they built a brilliant team by developing relative unknowns like Dele Alli, Eric Dier and, yep, Danny Rose. “Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. One thing is for sure – I know my worth and I will make sure I get what I am worth,” he continued, making possibly the least chilling threat since Ken Barlow offered to sort out Mike Baldwin. “I am not playing as well as I have done not to get paid what I think I am worth. As with everyone else in my team, in my opinion, I am worth more than I am getting.”

Rose is a bloody good left-back. He is not, however, the second coming of Roberto Carlos and there are many who will feel he has just broken the talk:walkometer. Maybe he is feral with the lack of football. But if he pulled this stunt in a 1970s dressing-room, he’d have received a lit fag in the eye faster than he could say “taken out of context”. Mind, The Fiver feels a bit of sympathy for him. We moan when players say nothing and then moan even more when they are honest. A lot of what Rose said was fair enough – about Spurs’ squad depth, for example, and wanting to play up north before he retires to see more of his mum. But the arrogant, indiscreet manner in which he did so was not exactly conducive to dressing-room bonhomie, and some of his other comments veered between better-left-unsaid and WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW PLEASE SHUT UP. In the parlance of our time, he’s had a right Trump.
That article is epic

I was talking pure football performance. I said nothing about results before or after that. I get the most enjoyment out of us seeing us smash our rivals, I don't know how any other fan could disagree with that.

I havent disagreed with anything.....the discussion was about our form before and after Rose got injured.

I assumed by you pointing out our 2 best performances were with Rose and Walker in the side, you had a point.
Guess you didnt then

Implies he is much better than Davies at LB - how can we even argue that?

We can't

Maybe Davies will improve but I can't see it and if he has no cover then he is a serious weak link

Rewatch the away game last season at the Dippers

Son didn't track back and cover so he got murdered

Rose clearly a superior player but has made a total cunt of himself and to the Sun of all rags!!

What is the "going rate"?

It would appear it's the rate set by Utd., City and Chelsea etc. With that said how do we pay the "going rate" given the wage bills at these clubs is more than the revenue we generate?

reality is that actually he's not far off players of similar ilk at chelsea/utd/Woolwich etc. Its only really city that go way past that.

Azp earns £70k, cahill 80k
UTD defenders earn 60-80k
Woolwich - simlar with Mustafi being the odd one out

so he's not really languishing miles behind in reality.

I dont think Rose is arguing about what he is worth, but rather what he can get, which are two different things. greedy little cunt.

I havent disagreed with anything.....the discussion was about our form before and after Rose got injured.

I assumed by you pointing out our 2 best performances were with Rose and Walker in the side, you had a point.
Guess you didnt then
I thought our best footballing performances came with those two in the team get over it. The results with Davies in the team were excellent that doesn't mean I think we should be selling our selves short again by getting rid of players. Unfortunately the forum doesn't revolve around you as much as you like to think it does.

DG73bi0XkAAvT8-.jpg:large

Great advertising on the Sun back page today. Of course Rose was given a heroes welcome, oh look a coincidental advert for footballers to call and speak to the sun along the top! YOU CAN BE A HERO TOO!
The best part? If any other player finds themselves caught in a £65k/wk poverty trap, The Sun can help.

"Don't worry about the cost, we'll call you straight back"! :disdain:

EevNAuZ.jpg

He was suggesting that we could have won the league with Rose in the team. We only failed to win TWO games with Davies. We finished 7 points behind Chelsea, so no, we wouldn't have.
Fair enough, I'd seen other people just comparing them in general.

Back
Top Bottom