Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This could actually work perfectly in our favour...

Rose stays this season knowing he has a World Cup he wants to be at next summer and has to win over the fans, his team mates and Poch. He could potentially play out of his skin and be the best left back in world by a mile and help us win the league. If he still wants to leave then he can go next year when his value has increased even further and we've had time to find a replacement.

His comments have been made which could end up with Levy increasing the wage ceiling...

It's not all doom and gloom Spurs fans!

This could actually work perfectly in our favour...

Rose stays this season knowing he has a World Cup he wants to be at next summer and has to win over the fans, his team mates and Poch. He could potentially play out of his skin and be the best left back in world by a mile and help us win the league. If he still wants to leave then he can go next year when his value has increased even further and we've had time to find a replacement.

His comments have been made which could end up with Levy increasing the wage ceiling...

It's not all doom and gloom Spurs fans!

I doubt a left back playing out their skin will have to much impact on a title winning team. We could probably win the league with Davies at left back.

"Before the Manchester City game I was having dinner with Erik Lamela and I was still asking him if he reckoned we can finish top four. I’ve never seen someone look at me with such disgust. He said ‘My friend, we can win the league’.

“I refuse to believe. I’d like to believe we can, but I don’t want to think that. I realise the position we are in, but I don’t want to get too carried away.”

Danny Rose in 2016

Yet apparently its the others are not good enough and the club lacks ambition
I assume that was after Googling 'Erik Lamela!!

An extraordinary turn of events. Let's look at it this way - what he did was dumb and ill informed. He was frustrated and probably had Kyle Walker in his ear about what he could earn up north.

And I'm with 1882 1882 here: Rose is too dumb to have thought through the consequences of his actions. Someone in the media manipulated him to get a story and destabilise us on the eve of the new season with their anti Spurs agenda.

What these people want us to do is to descend into in-fighting so that the team falls apart and all our best players go to the "Big Four". So I think the best thing we can do is to close ranks around Danny Rose, and not walk into the anti Spurs agenda. The problem is that, with all the vitriol I have seen here, it won't be easy to rehabilitate him.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate."

An extraordinary turn of events. Let's look at it this way - what he did was dumb and ill informed. He was frustrated and probably had Kyle Walker in his ear about what he could earn up north.

And I'm with 1882 1882 here: Rose is too dumb to have thought through the consequences of his actions. Someone in the media manipulated him to get a story and destabilise us on the eve of the new season with their anti Spurs agenda.

What these people want us to do is to descend into in-fighting so that the team falls apart and all our best players go to the "Big Four". So I think the best thing we can do is to close ranks around Danny Rose, and not walk into the anti Spurs agenda. The problem is that, with all the vitriol I have seen here, it won't be easy to rehabilitate him.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate."

Did you just quote the Jedi code?

Nnnnnnneeeeeeeerrrrrdddddddd. :dier:

:dierpochhug:

Everyone forgets, it's the same every year, once the ACTUAL FOOTBALL starts and then that evil window shut, silly season and the bullshit stops

We'll be concerned about winning games not this fucking drama, can't wait

Problem is... in his original interview he mentioned he'd had SIX MONTHS to dwell, and think carefully about things...
Now "he's" had barely 24 HOURS to compose his new thoughts...

Time is a great healer... but apparently 24 hours is also enough time to realise the error of your ways and draft them into words that make sense...

The best thing Rose can do now, if he REALLY means it and wants to make a statement... is sack whoever 'advised him' to do the interview in the first place... (or disassociate himself from anyone who didn't tell him what a shit idea it was)
...or better still, tell his Agent they and their kind are the Cancer of football and should kindly "do one"!

Last edited:
If Pochettino could do a Fergie siege mentality type scenario here it would be perfect, unfortunately I think he's too nice for that.

The "apology" from Rose is a ghost-written tweet from his representatives.... it holds no weight whatsoever.

He's shown his true colours, guy can do one as far as I'm concerned.

I thought our best footballing performances came with those two in the team get over it. The results with Davies in the team were excellent that doesn't mean I think we should be selling our selves short again by getting rid of players. Unfortunately the forum doesn't revolve around you as much as you like to think it does.
I am over it....I was never not ok with your view and agree with you on those games

Everyone forgets, it's the same every year, once the ACTUAL FOOTBALL starts and then that evil window shut, silly season and the bullshit stops

We'll be concerned about winning games not this fucking drama, can't wait
I'm breaking out the comfort blanket and sucking my thumb, whilst rocking back and forth. Please season start!

Of course his apology is ghost written. He's a footballer not a writer and it's correct on his part to engage a professional to ensure he doesn't make the situation worse.

If he stays quiet now, plays well and supports the party line of the club, he can make it out of this.

I'm breaking out the comfort blanket and sucking my thumb, whilst rocking back and forth. Please season start!

To be honest I was enjoying the break but the fans on here are unbearable with their OK! Magazine style support more worried about kits and who said what, so I am too begging for the football to return

Come on Leicester

Right now live on TalkSport (owned by The Sun): After apology issued.
Jim White: "Well it's all go today, and it's not about Tottenham and Danny Rose" Cuntinho has put in a transfer request".

Not a single mention of the apology (however, contrived it may be), not a fucking word! Completely ignored.

Back
Top Bottom