Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think what Rose fails to realise about being an outspoken, egotistical player is that you have to actually be good to pull it off.

If you're Ibrahimovic from Sweden then say what you want - you'll still have your starting spot waiting for you.

If you're Danny Rose from the North, you'll be stripped from your squad place, never play a game and your most memorable moment of the season will be when you stuck your head out of a van for 5 seconds.

Not a Spurs fan I'm guessing - or just a very young one?

I am not particularly young and supported Tottenham for about 45 years and I struggle to recall why he is so hated .
He give a interview to the press saying that the players were paid alot less than players at other clubs that were regularly finishing mid table, and this was causing issues in the squad . - True.
He said that the club always looked for the cheap option in transfer windows and he had to Google players we were signing. He thought this showed lack of ambition from the club to push forward. -True .
He confronted mourinho asking why some players got totally sidelined for 1 bad game while others underperformed every week and still got picked .- True.
I am not saying he is faultless but I don't see where all the hate comes from. He is obviously past his prime as a player now , but most of the above was just him being honest and pointing out serious issues at the club . I could have this all wrong , enlighten me please...

I am not particularly young and supported Tottenham for about 45 years and I struggle to recall why he is so hated .
He give a interview to the press saying that the players were paid alot less than players at other clubs that were regularly finishing mid table, and this was causing issues in the squad . - True.
He said that the club always looked for the cheap option in transfer windows and he had to Google players we were signing. He thought this showed lack of ambition from the club to push forward. -True .
He confronted mourinho asking why some players got totally sidelined for 1 bad game while others underperformed every week and still got picked .- True.
I am not saying he is faultless but I don't see where all the hate comes from. He is obviously past his prime as a player now , but most of the above was just him being honest and pointing out serious issues at the club . I could have this all wrong , enlighten me please...

Ah like me you're an old timer so memories are multiple ....

For me it's the 'fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you' syndrome ... for whatever reason Danny briefed the press in an uncomplimentary way about Spurs, sure he was seduced by The Sun but it didn't sit well with the club and many fans, but hey we all make mistakes.

Then he did it again, and then again .... so he became persona non grata, not for his football but for his big mouth and working for a media rag.

Whilst he may not have been wrong in what he said, after all they were just his opinions, for many and me included he was wrong to wash the dirty laundry in the Sun. That's just not how highly paid professionals behave in any line of work, not if they want to stay working that is.

Ah like me you're an old timer so memories are multiple ....

For me it's the 'fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you' syndrome ... for whatever reason Danny briefed the press in an uncomplimentary way about Spurs, sure he was seduced by The Sun but it didn't sit well with the club and many fans, but hey we all make mistakes.

Then he did it again, and then again .... so he became persona non grata, not for his football but for his big mouth and working for a media rag.

Whilst he may not have been wrong in what he said, after all they were just his opinions, for many and me included he was wrong to wash the dirty laundry in the Sun. That's just not how highly paid professionals behave in any line of work, not if they want to stay working that is.

I agree that speaking to the sun and washing dirty laundry in public , it is not the done thing . But don't think it warrants the hate he gets he was speaking out against levy and enic not the club . We did pay our players alot less than other clubs at the time and did not seriously try to build a squad that was on the verge of potential greatness. It is understandable why this would be frustrating for an ambitious group of players. Bitiching about it in the dressing room achieves nothing , complaining to levy in his office achieves nothing, what else can you do but go to the press . he didn't say anything Tottenham fans weren't thinking themselves. There may have been an element of bitterness because he did not get a move like walker got when he was in his prime but I genuinely think he wanted the club to succeed and was merely pointing out issues with enic that were holding us back . When he was playing well he was Fantastic him down one side walker down the other totally terrorising defences I personally have great memories of him as a player , that goal against the scum in his debut is alone enough for me to hold him in high regard.

Is there hate for Rose? Isn’t it not just a case of asking why he is still here? He wasn’t very good for us when he went to The Sun and wasn’t playing due to his form, not his media moaning.

I’m sure there’s been clubs interested in him, but he strikes me as just not being interested. He’s well paid by us for doing fuck all, it’s almost like he’s been on furlough for three years. That perceived lack of ambition to actually get his boots on is why I have an issue with him.

But it’s purely conjecture on my part. Maybe he’s been a mode pro.

Rose is doing what Bale has previously done to Madrid-
Bale-Play golf and sunbake
Rose- Talk to the press and refuse any transfer.

Rose is a bit of a plank, but he's still our plank. I don't see any reason why he can't be a perfectly decent member of our squad going forward, and he should have the bit between his teeth.

The reason he can’t be a perfectly decent member of our squad is because he’s shit. He had a mediocre loan at Newcastle and nobody wanted to take him off our hands in the last two windows. His best years are long gone.

The reason he can’t be a perfectly decent member of our squad is because he’s shit. He had a mediocre loan at Newcastle and nobody wanted to take him off our hands in the last two windows. His best years are long gone.
This. He should be the first one out of the door this summer. It's shambolic he's been allowed to doss around here for 2 years as it is.

He’s also mentally ill

I thought that there were a few offers

Rose is a bit of a plank, but he's still our plank. I don't see any reason why he can't be a perfectly decent member of our squad going forward, and he should have the bit between his teeth.
Because he's not registered to actually play football, he's probably hopelessly unfit, his contract expires in the summer, and there is less than zero chance of him being offered another...

Other than that though he's probably not much less effective than Davies or Reguilon.

Because he's not registered to actually play football, he's probably hopelessly unfit, his contract expires in the summer, and there is less than zero chance of him being offered another...

Other than that though he's probably not much less effective than Davies or Reguilon.
Close thing with Davies and Doherty though

Is there hate for Rose? Isn’t it not just a case of asking why he is still here? He wasn’t very good for us when he went to The Sun and wasn’t playing due to his form, not his media moaning.

I’m sure there’s been clubs interested in him, but he strikes me as just not being interested. He’s well paid by us for doing fuck all, it’s almost like he’s been on furlough for three years. That perceived lack of ambition to actually get his boots on is why I have an issue with him.

But it’s purely conjecture on my part. Maybe he’s been a mode pro.
I love him for having an opinion

I hate him because he’s shit at football (honestly think that hot streak was a blip as he was rubbish before and after)

That's why I said going forward, not now. Once fit I'd take him over Davies every day of the week at left-back.

He is 30 though and his better days are more than likely behind him.

Back
Top Bottom